?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

thebar

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 13, 2016, 09:25:48 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 13, 2016, 06:27:57 AM

How come Leicester won the P'ship last year on a relatively meagre budget? You cannot hide behind that excuse all the time

CL or Europa League it doesn't matter,or Int'l football even.Martin O'Neill for example doesn't have players like Bale to call on yet Ireland top the group.It's all about getting more than the sum of the parts from your team,which Celtic aren't doing in Europe.Martin O'Neill,Stephen Kenny and Michael O'Neill are doing it.I'd bet if any one of these three were managing Celtic we would have more than 2 points out of four European games.

International football is completely different from club. Completely. You can setup a massively defensive system and do a job. You can't do that week in week out in club football. Look at portugal and Greece. They won tournaments with awful football. Doesn't happen at club level.

Who needs an excuse? Rodgers is doing a great job. Do you want an excuse for barcelona beating celtic?

Agree completely with all of the above.

yellowcard

Dear god, am I misreading things or is this imbecile really looking for Michael O'Neill or Stephen Kenny in to replace Rodgers. One who was interviewed for but couldn't get the Hibs job, another who was sacked by Dunfermline. Both flavour of the month at the minute at their own levels but neither of whom has managed at anything approaching elite level in professional soccer. The mind boggles.

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on November 13, 2016, 06:27:57 AM

How come Leicester won the P'ship last year on a relatively meagre budget? You cannot hide behind that excuse all the time

CL or Europa League it doesn't matter,or Int'l football even.Martin O'Neill for example doesn't have players like Bale to call on yet Ireland top the group.It's all about getting more than the sum of the parts from your team,which Celtic aren't doing in Europe.Martin O'Neill,Stephen Kenny and Michael O'Neill are doing it.I'd bet if any one of these three were managing Celtic we would have more than 2 points out of four European games.

I do wonder about that all the time with the Scottish League. How come Aberdeen, Rangers, et al don't get it together at least one year and give Celtic a run for their money? I mean if you expect Celtic to do it on meager finances in Europe, Why can't one of the also rans do it in the Scottish Premier? I mean it's not as if they have to beat world beaters (bar Celtic) week in week out is it. Why can't they punch above their station? Why should Celtic have the monopoly on over achieving on their finances given your logic?

T Fearon

I would swap either Michael O'Neill (managed twice commendably against the current World Champions this year,as elite as you can get) or Stephen Kenny for Rodgers instantly.Their achievements against the odds far outweigh anything Rodgers has done.But as long as the gullible are content with romping away with a one horse league and failing miserably in Europe,his position is safe.

I don't expect Celtic to win the Champions league but I do expect the team to be competitive and credible in every game they play,and two points out of twelve is embarrassing.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on November 13, 2016, 02:42:01 PM
I would swap either Michael O'Neill (managed twice commendably against the current World Champions this year,as elite as you can get) or Stephen Kenny for Rodgers instantly.Their achievements against the odds far outweigh anything Rodgers has done.But as long as the gullible are content with romping away with a one horse league and failing miserably in Europe,his position is safe.

I don't expect Celtic to win the Champions league but I do expect the team to be competitive and credible in every game they play,and two points out of twelve is embarrassing.
Utter guff Barca can and do embarrass teams 6 and 7 nil with greater resources than Celtic. In most games Barca have played this year even those in which they were defeated they could have had upwards of 7. You have a dislike for Rodgers and that is fine but that dislike can't hide the fact that he is doing a decent job.

tommysmith

I've been reading this thread the last while and though that this Fearon character was an awful gobshite but the bigger gobshites are the lads replying and trying to argue with him.

Main Street

Quote from: tommysmith on November 13, 2016, 04:38:27 PM
I've been reading this thread the last while and though that this Fearon character was an awful gobshite but the bigger gobshites are the lads replying and trying to argue with him.
You're a smart lad for a cavanman.

thebar

Your probably right and the biggest gobshites read the thing you gobshite

muppet

Quote from: thebar on November 13, 2016, 05:17:35 PM

MWWSI 2017

thebar

Quote from: muppet on November 13, 2016, 05:28:44 PM
Quote from: thebar on November 13, 2016, 05:17:35 PM

;D ;D ;D

imtommygunn

Quote from: yellowcard on November 13, 2016, 01:04:05 PM
Dear god, am I misreading things or is this imbecile really looking for Michael O'Neill or Stephen Kenny in to replace Rodgers. One who was interviewed for but couldn't get the Hibs job, another who was sacked by Dunfermline. Both flavour of the month at the minute at their own levels but neither of whom has managed at anything approaching elite level in professional soccer. The mind boggles.

;D

Precisely.

T Fearon

Furthermore Rodgers is ruining the Scotland team as well.On Friday night against England Griffiths shot when a teammate was much better positioned and James Forrest fluffed a great chance by scuffing his shot.Players coming from clubs playing with confidence (and not the impact of a seven nil defeat not so long ago) would not be doing this

uimhr ocht

I think that's why griffiths is on the bench at  the minute he doesn't seem at times to be a team player.

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on November 13, 2016, 08:00:33 PM
Furthermore Rodgers is ruining the Scotland team as well.On Friday night against England Griffiths shot when a teammate was much better positioned and James Forrest fluffed a great chance by scuffing his shot.Players coming from clubs playing with confidence (and not the impact of a seven nil defeat not so long ago) would not be doing this

I heard the war was his fault too. I wasn't sure which one so i just figure all of them  :P

lenny

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 13, 2016, 08:29:54 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 13, 2016, 08:00:33 PM

I heard the war was his fault too. I wasn't sure which one so i just figure all of them  :P

lol, brexit and hilary clinton losing were also down to his poor coaching. If he had been coaching the Celtic team better hilary would surely have got over the line.