?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hectic

Quote from: MoChara on November 01, 2016, 07:35:15 AM
Quote from: uimhr ocht on October 31, 2016, 10:35:10 PM
simunovic,toure,griffiths,didnt travel apparently,i agree that we need to show some improvement away from home in europe lessons learned and all that.

I'm wondering who will partner Sviatchenko in CB, possibly Lustig unfortunately. Izzy already on the wing for Tierney, I don't see who the 4th defender is, there's also a chance Rodgers will go balls out and play a back 3, we've nothing to lose really.

Yeah will either be Lustig or O'Connell that will partner Erik at the back - if it is Lustig then Gamboa will come in at right full back - essentially we will be going from being close to a settled back 4 about a week ago to one that has up to 3 changes.  3 at the back is an option as well though and while I would not rule that out I would not be sure that is what he will go for.  Tonight is probably an exercise as much as anything else at this stage so important to try and apply some learning as opposed to going lets get ripped into them and if we concede 4 trying to score 2 who cares.

Hectic

Quote from: Hectic on November 01, 2016, 08:44:39 AM
simunovic,toure,griffiths,didnt travel apparently,i agree that we need to show some improvement away from home in europe lessons learned and all that.

I'm wondering who will partner Sviatchenko in CB, possibly Lustig unfortunately. Izzy already on the wing for Tierney, I don't see who the 4th defender is, there's also a chance Rodgers will go balls out and play a back 3, we've nothing to lose really.

Yeah will either be Lustig or O'Connell that will partner Erik at the back - if it is Lustig then Gamboa will come in at right full back - essentially we will be going from being close to a settled back 4 about a week ago to one that has up to 3 changes.  3 at the back is an option as well though and while I would not rule that out I would not be sure that is what he will go for.  Tonight is probably an exercise as much as anything else at this stage so important to try and apply some learning as opposed to going lets get ripped into them and if we concede 4 trying to score 2 who cares.

In fact are O'Connell and Erik not both lefties - in which case back 4 will be Lustig in the Centre whereas back 3 could accommodate O'Connell with Izzy and Gamboa both playing as wing backs which could work - means resting Forrest and either Sincalir or Rogic while playing Brown, Biton and Armstrong in the centre with one of Rogic or Sinclair playing off Dembele - cannot see this one myself but then again I will be guessing anyway until the team is announced.

stew

Celtic will get tanked by three or more.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

lenny

Quote from: Hectic on November 01, 2016, 08:48:18 AM

In fact are O'Connell and Erik not both lefties - in which case back 4 will be Lustig in the Centre whereas back 3 could accommodate O'Connell with Izzy and Gamboa both playing as wing backs which could work - means resting Forrest and either Sincalir or Rogic while playing Brown, Biton and Armstrong in the centre with one of Rogic or Sinclair playing off Dembele - cannot see this one myself but then again I will be guessing anyway until the team is announced.

Neither oconnell or erik are lefties. They are both clearly right footed but have played left cb out of necessity.

T Fearon

Tonight we seek evidence,uncovered to date,that our manager has the tactical nous to operate at this level.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on November 01, 2016, 01:53:58 PM
Tonight we seek evidence,uncovered to date,that our manager has the tactical nous to operate at this level.

You are a genius!! What is the best bet? Instead of posting it up after the result I'd like to hear it before, as your ability to get it right (afters) is uncanny!

Personally I'm going for -2 goals
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Quote from: lenny on November 01, 2016, 12:07:24 PM
Quote from: Hectic on November 01, 2016, 08:48:18 AM

Neither oconnell or erik are lefties. They are both clearly right footed but have played left cb out of necessity.

Good stuff - should create more options at that rate.  Strange though that we are sitting with no left footed centre back - usually clubs would try and get the balance there - obviously though if they are competent it matters less.

T Fearon

Coco was on BBC radio there talking about "domestic improvements" Ffs you weren't hired to get wins over Ross Co and Motherwell,you clown,you were hired at an exorbitant salary to make us competitive in Europe.Time to give some indication you're up to the task

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on November 01, 2016, 05:49:56 PM
Coco was on BBC radio there talking about "domestic improvements" Ffs you weren't hired to get wins over Ross Co and Motherwell,you clown,you were hired at an exorbitant salary to make us competitive in Europe.Time to give some indication you're up to the task

We have shown a lot of improvement domestically. Anyone can see that. We have improved in Europe too. Qualifying for the CL is an improvement. Qualifying first time is better than what MON WGS or Lennon done. And something Ronnie never done

T Fearon

Three defenders ball watching as BM take the lead😡

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on November 01, 2016, 08:18:30 PM
Three defenders ball watching as BM take the lead😡

No midfielders tracking back

T Fearon

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

That goal probably won't count against Tony's prediction because it was a penalty

Milltown Row2