?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

thebar

Quote from: ONeill on October 29, 2016, 11:35:16 PM
Is this Celtic's greatest ever start to a league campaign?

You know what it be hard to argue with that statement looking at the table!

uimhr ocht

Deila won 2 leagues with aberdeen as our main challenger, sevco were not relevant those two seasons,sevcos budget is the 2nd biggest in scotland so you would have expected them to be our nearest threat this season but i hope aberdeen,hearts get there act together and challenge sevco for 2nd place.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on October 30, 2016, 11:26:32 AM
As I see it they're both the same,competent at home deliveries but not with foreign stuff.There has been no radical improvement,the fact that English Championship cast offs like Sinclair and Dembele star against SPFL opposition says it all about Celtic's domestic opponents

Are you going to reply to my points at all?

Dougal Maguire

Aw Jesus man, why are giving this insignificant non- entity this credence. Just ignore him and he'll eventually get bored.
Careful now

T Fearon

Tonto,we are not looking to compare Rodgers and Deila.Rodgers is earning I'd say at least five times as much as Ronny was,and was given a budget to finance the wages of Sinclair,Dembele,and Toure,something Ronny could only have dreamed of.

I agree with Kenny Shiels when he said his granny could manage Celtic to domestic success, so the real litmus test therefore is performances/results in Europe,which are abysmal and worse,showing no signs of improvement.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on October 30, 2016, 07:14:27 PM
Tonto,we are not looking to compare Rodgers and Deila.Rodgers is earning I'd say at least five times as much as Ronny was,and was given a budget to finance the wages of Sinclair,Dembele,and Toure,something Ronny could only have dreamed of.

I agree with Kenny Shiels when he said his granny could manage Celtic to domestic success, so the real litmus test therefore is performances/results in Europe,which are abysmal and worse,showing no signs of improvement.

I wasn't comparing them. I responding to your points. Read my post again and see what you think.
As for Shiels. He's very wrong

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on October 30, 2016, 07:14:27 PM

and what a top class manager Kenny Shields is!

ONeill

Celtic could get pummelled tomorrow. Have a few not travelled?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bennydorano

I think we might do ok 2moro nite (& I do apologise for the use of 'we' and 'us' to the knobheads), BMG were set up very compactly in Glasgow to play on the fast break, I assume they'll be more expansive on home soil which could suit us as there'll be more space to expose, the loss of Tierney however is a huge blow. I don't think we'll win 5-0 as some fools might 'demand', but a draw+ is very achievable imo.

T Fearon

BMG priced at 1/2.Licence to print money

yellowcard

These types of games are the matches that Rodgers has to improve in if he is ever to become a manager in the top bracket. Big one off games that become tactical battles. Whilst it is very difficult for Celtic to compete against big clubs in Europe (particularly given the group of death draw), I'd like to see signs that Rodgers can set up a team that is hard to break down in these types of games. He has done very well this season to date but even when with Liverpool when he had far greater resources, he did have an abysmal record in Europe. I'm not expecting anything other than a defeat but I'd like to see signs that they are at least able to put up a decent rearguard action. A draw or better would be a huge bonus.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tonto1888

A draw would be a very good result. Can't see us getting one tho

uimhr ocht

simunovic,toure,griffiths,didnt travel apparently,i agree that we need to show some improvement away from home in europe lessons learned and all that.

MoChara

Quote from: uimhr ocht on October 31, 2016, 10:35:10 PM
simunovic,toure,griffiths,didnt travel apparently,i agree that we need to show some improvement away from home in europe lessons learned and all that.

I'm wondering who will partner Sviatchenko in CB, possibly Lustig unfortunately. Izzy already on the wing for Tierney, I don't see who the 4th defender is, there's also a chance Rodgers will go balls out and play a back 3, we've nothing to lose really.