62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Hectic

Quote from: T Fearon on September 15, 2016, 11:31:02 AM
http://dlyr.ec/RMeijT

Keanos view.Read and absorb.

Says the man who got overlooked for the job.

Yes there is truth in what he says and nobody is saying we are happy to be the whipping boys but qualifying was a big step this year after being in the wilderness for the past few seasons so why not celebrate that step?

Secondly I think if you listened to any of the players speak they were embarrassed at the way they collapsed against Barcelona and that gives me optimism that there is a determination there to do much better.

Look we play the group games and try and learn game by game and improve as we go then we assess what we need to do in the next transfer windows to put it right and then we try and qualify again next season and keep making progress.

Alternatively we go all knee jerk and put extra pressure on our manager before he has had a chance to fully put his stamp on things.

Roy Keane wheels out the same stuff continuously whether it be Man U, Celtic etc but aside from piggy backing on the relative success of Martin O'Neill at international level his own managerial career has been less than noteworthy.  As such I am not sure he is the man to be using to prove anything.

T Fearon

Does he not make valid points? Scraping through qualifiers (when momentum and confidence should be built) and zero tolerance for 7 nil defeats and mass hysteria over defeating crap teams?

Hectic

Quote from: T Fearon on September 15, 2016, 01:34:29 PM
Does he not make valid points? Scraping through qualifiers (when momentum and confidence should be built) and zero tolerance for 7 nil defeats and mass hysteria over defeating crap teams?

Maybe if we were a year down the line but already Rodgers has made progress in getting to the group stage and we all know that we are far from the finished article and there is plenty of business still needing done particularly in central midfield but what is the alternative then - do we start chucking muck from the stands because we are not straight away at a level where we can give the Champions League a good shot?

Not sure if there was mass hysteria over beating any crap team - Sevco are the mouthy guy in the pub that needs a good slap so it was good to see them get that but I don't think too many of us think that beating Sevco makes us world beaters - I would have my doubts if they will be top half in Scotland this season - rather just puts them back in their box while we try and take the first steps of progression towards being a stronger side.

T Fearon

The question I and Keano ask is has our super remunerated manager improved the team,the way Koeman,Mourinho and Guardiola have effected immediate improvements at their new clubs.The answer is no.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on September 15, 2016, 04:42:20 PM
The question I and Keano ask is has our super remunerated manager improved the team,the way Koeman,Mourinho and Guardiola have effected immediate improvements at their new clubs.The answer is no.

Yes. He has. It's as simple as that. If you can't see it then that's your problem but 'real Celtic fans' can see it

T Fearon

T Fearon

I see Dundalk are acquitting themselves very well in Holland tonight.I'll stick my neck out here and say I don't believe Barcelona would put seven goals past Dundalk

tonto1888

We qualified for the CL and are playing better football. QED
Good for Dundalk and you're right Barca wouldn't put 7 past them. It'd be double figures

ashman

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 15, 2016, 07:13:20 PM
We qualified for the CL and are playing better football. QED
Good for Dundalk and you're right Barca wouldn't put 7 past them. It'd be double figures

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eWf3A9KN0Ms

We !!!!   

T Fearon

What a brilliant performance and result for Dundalk.All the more creditable considering they played on Monday night,and to think the clown managing Celtic tried to blame the league match three days earlier for the Barcelona humiliation

ONeill

I thought Keane made no sense last night. He seemed to tell Celtic to stop thinking they're a big club and then criticised them for having a small club mentality.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on September 15, 2016, 06:08:11 PM
How? Where is the evidence?

See that Israeli "pub"team we beat to qualify for the champions league just beat Inter Milan 2.0 away from home tonight. And they had previously beaten Olympiakos. That puts our result against them into perspective and shows just how much Rodgers has improved us already in a very short time. There is no way last years team would've made it through against an obviously decent team like that.

clarshack

After watching Hapoel Beer Sheva deservedly beat Inter Milan 2-0 at the San Siro, you have to give Rodgers credit in even getting Celtic to the champions league group stages.

T Fearon

Inter's mediocre team have no interest in Europa league

Aaron Boone

Quote from: clarshack on September 15, 2016, 10:06:31 PM
After watching Hapoel Beer Sheva deservedly beat Inter Milan 2-0 at the San Siro, you have to give Rodgers credit in even getting Celtic to the champions league group stages.
Good boost to Celtic formline. Fine win for the Israeli champs.