?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2016, 05:42:50 PM
Firstly a football fan being critical of his own club's manager is an everyday occurrence.

Secondly,when I alluded to the immediate impact good managers have made at big clubs I was not referring to David Moyes,who is like the current Celtic manager,a proven catastrophic failure at a big club,and is also no way suitable for the Celtic post.

Thirdly it is laughable to read all the experts pointing out the areas of the team which are weak,when the most glaring weakness is in the dugout.

We have landed in the group stages of the Champions League by accident rather than design and any understandable delirium should be tempered with a reality check.Our performances to date,scraping past three teams that none of us could have named a player from two months ago,gives no reason for optimism that we can live in the group stages.Personally Dundalk's Stephen Kenny would engender more confidence from me at any rate,if he was in the Celtic dugout instead of the overpaid clown who is there at present.
you really need to quit tiny. You're just wrong. We are in the CL because we won 3 qualifying rounds and deserve it. You wanna talk about being in the Champions League by default try being in it because you finished third in the worlds most over rated league

T Fearon

Just how far we are off the pace is about to be demonstrated sadly.No heroic victories like in the days of O'Neill Strachan,and Lennon.

Estimator

Firstly a football fan being critical of his own club's manager is an everyday occurrence.

Secondly,when I alluded to the immediate impact good managers have made at big clubs I was not referring to David Moyes,who is like the current Celtic manager,a proven catastrophic failure at a big club,and is also no way suitable for the Celtic post.

Thirdly it is laughable to read all the experts pointing out the areas of the team which are weak,when the most glaring weakness is in the dugout.

We have landed in the group stages of the Champions League by accident rather than design and any understandable delirium should be tempered with a reality check.Our performances to date,scraping past three teams that none of us could have named a player from two months ago,gives no reason for optimism that we can live in the group stages.Personally Dundalk's Stephen Kenny would engender more confidence from me at any rate,if he was in the Celtic dugout instead of the overpaid clown who is there at present.

This is very true Tony. Lots of football fans criticise and critique their own clubs performances. Most of my friends do so on social media like Twitter, which is the perfect way to get a point across. Yet, despite the amount of anger and annoyance you appear to have about the current Celtic regime, you fail to use the precise tool at your fingertips to register your disgust.

It emphasises the different guises that you have. The GAABoard WUM that enjoys having an opposing view and getting into endless and tedious arguments, and Tony Twitter, who tweets photos of Klinsmann and Lineker and celebrates the anniversary of England winning the World Cup.

Ulster League Champions 2009

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2016, 06:05:32 PM
Just how far we are off the pace is about to be demonstrated sadly.No heroic victories like in the days of O'Neill Strachan,and Lennon.

Funny how you never have any comeback to actual points. I guess we shall wait and see if you are proven to be right or not

T Fearon

I was around the first time and I just want to see Celtic restore their European reputation for football,not for stadium atmosphere and for the likes of Pirlo and Messi tell us we have phenomenal fans and stadium (but a shite team).The manager has done nothing in his first two months in charge to inspire confidence or justify the huge investment

cornerback

Quote from: lenny on April 18, 2016, 05:17:53 PM
Its not unreasonable for us to get a manager like david moyes or malky mckay who would both be decent options for us at this stage.

Quote from: T Fearon on April 18, 2016, 05:38:25 PM
I agree.But will Moyes take the job?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: cornerback on August 24, 2016, 07:16:55 PM

Quote from: lenny on April 18, 2016, 05:17:53 PM
Its not unreasonable for us to get a manager like david moyes or malky mckay who would both be decent options for us at this stage.

Quote from: T Fearon on April 18, 2016, 05:38:25 PM
I agree.But will Moyes take the job?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Checkmate

T Fearon

That was taken out of context.When candidates were thin on the ground,Moyes looked like a reasonable option after Ronny's departure was announced as he knows the club and has long experience of the EPL.But on reflection I don't think he would have been a good choice.

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on August 24, 2016, 06:05:32 PM

We didn't win a match in the Europa league last year so if Rodgers can get us one win or even a few draws it would be a massive improvement.

T Fearon

Yes but the year before when Ronny had decent players like  Denayer and Guidetti at his disposal they did well in the Europa League and got to knock out stages.

It is not a success if we simply do better than last year.Celtic should be winning at least two of the three domestic trophies (the league championship and one of the cups) every year now,and be competitive in all of the group matches in the Champions League.

Main Street

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 24, 2016, 10:03:07 PM

There is a serious effort in this thread, by honorable men and women who are prepared to do the heavy lifting to ignore this troll,  yet you think it's all a bit of fun to waltz in and  make an amusing point. Don't you think most here already realise that at the essence of a troll is a psychically disturbed hypocrite  but also one who craves the exact attention you are serving up?
If a troll wrote some sense then nobody would take any notice would they?

It's already bad enough here that there are resident troll groupies and troll bitches who just can't resist the urge every 5 minutes to get some recognition from the troll. ::)

Gabriel_Hurl

T Fearon

Pot 4 it is then.Think the manager should return home to Ballymena and buy three Wrightbuses.Then again he'd probably play them in midfield.Why do I get the feeling we are going to be hearing the term "The lads showed great character" a lot over the next few months.

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit