Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Kickham csc

Great result, i.e. through to the group stages.

Now the real work starts for Brendan, who needs to bring in about 2-3 players to strengthen the squad and focus on group stages.

Also.... for anyone who hasn't coached a struggling team, and tried to turn the performances around, or who has forgotten, it will take about 6 months to fix the defensive issues, you have to go through the process of breaking the team down to build them back up.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on August 23, 2016, 09:52:21 PM
Anyone that takes any pleasure out of that needs their head looked at.We are in the Champions League because a shit team missed a penalty.We will be an embarrassment in the group stages

Like you continue to be with your posts.

Stick to retweeting stuff on Twitter and liking/sharing stuff on Facebook to win a few competitions.

uimhr ocht

We were poor tonight it was almost a disaster,rodgers i think picked the wrong team janko clearly cant defend i dont think he should have started or mc gregor,but we will take our good fortune and move on.It was a typical nervous error ridden cant string 3 passes together european performance.

T Fearon

We were a penalty miss away from losing a three goal lead and elimination.We never looked comfortable or composed at any stage.The group stages will be an embarrassment.Imagine rolling up to the Bernabeu or Nou Camp with that clown in charge 😱😱😱😱😱

clarshack

If Rodgers had any balls the likes of Gordon, Janko, Brown & Bitton would be sold tomorrow and adequate replacements brought in. Gordon & Janko are clowns, Bitton is an imposter and the amount of times Brown passed the ball back to the opposition was incredible. He may as well have been a Hapoel player.

Celtic only through due to Hapoel's missed pen. Also helped that Hapoel ran out of steam around the 80 min mark. Fair play to them they gave it their all and were positive, energetic and first to every ball. They just came up short in the end.

T Fearon

Excellent analysis,but hey we have an excellent manager earning £2m a year,losing to part time team in Gibraltar and tonight.Just wait till were thrashed at home when the big boys come calling,then see the fans fury

uimhr ocht

If we can get 5/6 points in the group stages i will be happy,3 packed houses at celtic park can make all the difference its away from home we have a terrible record 3 wins out of 17 champ league fix is the concern.

T Fearon

😂😂😂😂😂😂 5 or 6 points??😂😂😂😂 We won't get 5 or 6 shots at goal.The last Champions League campaign was an embarrassment,1 win out of 6 and a 6-1 cuffing in Barcelona.That was enough for Neil Lennon and the fans.

MoChara

Janko tonight was probably the worst performance I've ever seen in a Celtic shirt,and I remember Do Weis first match fs.

Another good signing and some time and I think we'll do ourselves proud this year.

Main Street

Remarkable achievement considering the squad and the glaring inherited weaknesses, to not just gain entry to the CL group stages (probably scrapping for the EL 3rd place) but also next season where top seeding is assured for Celtic as league champions in the CL.
A right back to cover for Lustig would be nice.
It's hard to credit that so much was riding on that dodgy 2nd half performance.

straightred

Quote from: T Fearon on August 23, 2016, 10:05:29 PM
We were a penalty miss away from losing a three goal lead and elimination.We never looked comfortable or composed at any stage.The group stages will be an embarrassment.Imagine rolling up to the Bernabeu or Nou Camp with that clown in charge 😱😱😱😱😱

There is some justice in that given that it wasn't a peno in the first place.

Poor performance. No argument there. Far too much space conceded particularly in the middle. Janko is getting a lot of flack (rightly) but he got very little help in front of him. Tonight could end up being a blessing as we were really lucky to get through and a blind man can see that we are 3 or 4 players short.

Its mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned. Onwards and upwards. You may well think he's a clown but he's a clown that has taken us through 3 qualifying rounds at the first attempt. He's a major upgrade on Delia and that's good enough for me

bennydorano

Jesus Fearon, you really are a fraud and an embarrasment.

We should get Billy Mc Neill to call to your work to put the slabbering out of you the way the OWC boys did.

straightred

Quote from: T Fearon on August 23, 2016, 10:05:29 PM

This fan anyway isn't expecting embarrassment. I'm delighted to be there again. Probably seeded 4th with an outside chance of 3 depending on results tomorrow. While I'd obviously like to get out of the group i would't be too dissappointed with 3rd and an entry to the europa.

T Fearon

If Ronny had stumbled through that,arguably the easiest route to the group stages enjoyed by any Celtic manager,everyone would have been calling for his head and he didn't have a Dembele,Sinclair,or a Tierney to call on this time last year.

Anyone praising the manager for that is deluded.

tonto1888

Quote from: clarshack on August 23, 2016, 10:11:05 PM
If Rodgers had any balls the likes of Gordon, Janko, Brown & Bitton would be sold tomorrow and adequate replacements brought in. Gordon & Janko are clowns, Bitton is an imposter and the amount of times Brown passed the ball back to the opposition was incredible. He may as well have been a Hapoel player.

Celtic only through due to Hapoel's missed pen. Also helped that Hapoel ran out of steam around the 80 min mark. Fair play to them they gave it their all and were positive, energetic and first to every ball. They just came up short in the end.

Hapoel's missed penalty which Gordon the clown saved. Funny how that facthas slipped both yours and Tiny's posts