?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Quote from: charlieTully on August 20, 2016, 06:46:48 PM
https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/9106/yvonne-ridley-celtic-fans-echo-dylan-display-courage-palestine
It's Blowing Píssing in the Wind

Friday 19 August 2016 16.30CET
UEFA

Disciplinary proceedings have been opened following the UEFA Champions League play-offs, first leg, between Celtic FC and H. Beer-Sheva FC (5-2), played on 17 August in Glasgow (Scotland).
Charges against Celtic FC:
Illicit Banner – Art. 16 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations
This case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on 22 September.

T Fearon

I have no problem with people venting political views but they shouldn't be using a football club to do so.The only thing they do is land the club into trouble with UEFA.

Meanwhile those getting excited about a couple of decent wins in Scotland (not overly convincing either) helped by players with multi million pound transfer fees,might like to reflect that a guy playing for Cliftonville in the Irish league two years ago is currently the leading scorer in the SPL by a distance.

Big test on Tuesday night as Hapoel will give it a real go knowing full well that the manager's cavalier attitude will make the route to goal easier for them.An early goal for the home side will pose a severe test.

stew

Quote from: Nigel White on August 20, 2016, 06:35:39 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on August 20, 2016, 06:13:36 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 20, 2016, 05:55:50 PM
Will someone tell me why the name of Celtic FC has to be dragged into political conflicts or issues even at home or abroad.I doubt if the club or its owners (Billionaire Dermot Desmond or Tory Lord Livingstone) even privately as individuals have the remotest sympathies with any of the sides involved,so you can be sure there is no official endorsement,so that means it is sections of the support that are hijacking the club for political purposes.

Unbelievable attention seeker.....surely you had something else in life......
No he has nothing in his life only the internet and doing pointless competitions. Surprised his employer doesn't take him to task

Wind your neck in you clown, why would you bring an employer into a discussion about a football team, wise up and how many times have you been on the internet when employed by someone, if it is once you are being a hypocrite.

The two biggest leaders in this board are Fearon and O'Neill, Tony is winding and laughing his area of at your expense.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Nigel White

I'm not talking about what he's posting on this thread specifically I'm talking about what he posts in general.  We are constantly telling young people to be careful  about they post on social media as employers and potential employers now look at social media sites like FB etc to build profiles of job applicants yet this guy seems confident to post what he wants, when he wants and I don't see that as being right.

Main Street

You are just indulging in indignation provoked by a troll.
Ignore the troll.
ignore Stew too  ;D

charlieTully

Quote from: Main Street on August 21, 2016, 12:35:16 AM
https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/9106/yvonne-ridley-celtic-fans-echo-dylan-display-courage-palestine

UEFA

Disciplinary proceedings have been opened following the UEFA Champions League play-offs, first leg, between Celtic FC and H. Beer-Sheva FC (5-2), played on 17 August in Glasgow (Scotland).
This case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on 22 September.

http://celtsarehere.com/match-the-fine-for-palestine/

cough up a few quid main street. sometimes a fine is worth it for the right thing. Flying the flag of Palestine should not be deemed an illicit banner irrespective of what UEFA say. No issue with a tricolour, the star of David, the saltire, the union jack or red hand of ulster flags so why a Palestinian flag, a country recognised by the UN.

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on August 21, 2016, 12:21:57 PM
I have no problem with people venting political views but they shouldn't be using a football club to do so.The only thing they do is land the club into trouble with UEFA.

Meanwhile those getting excited about a couple of decent wins in Scotland (not overly convincing either) helped by players with multi million pound transfer fees,might like to reflect that a guy playing for Cliftonville in the Irish league two years ago is currently the leading scorer in the SPL by a distance.

Big test on Tuesday night as Hapoel will give it a real go knowing full well that the manager's cavalier attitude will make the route to goal easier for them.An early goal for the home side will pose a severe test.

2 years after playing for sligo rovers seamus coleman was the best right back in the epl by a distance. What's your point?

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

stew

Quote from: Nigel White on August 21, 2016, 05:09:34 PM
I'm not talking about what he's posting on this thread specifically I'm talking about what he posts in general.  We are constantly telling young people to be careful  about they post on social media as employers and potential employers now look at social media sites like FB etc to build profiles of job applicants yet this guy seems confident to post what he wants, when he wants and I don't see that as being right.

So you are offended the man thinks and posts what he thinks without worrying about the consequences? Get yourself a life man.

Nigel White

Quote from: stew on August 22, 2016, 02:44:36 PM
Quote from: Nigel White on August 21, 2016, 05:09:34 PM

So you are offended the man thinks and posts what he thinks without worrying about the consequences? Get yourself a life man.
Yes indeed.  When he insults people from the ROI by referring to them as 'freestaters' and makes insulting comments about elected representatives and hasn't the sense to think about the consequences then he proves that he is unfit to do the job he's doing. But look, I don't want to get involved in a debate with a person like yourself who doesn't have the ability to conduct a discussion without throwing in personal insults so let's just leave it there

Main Street

Quote from: charlieTully on August 21, 2016, 11:01:42 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 21, 2016, 12:35:16 AM

UEFA

http://celtsarehere.com/match-the-fine-for-palestine/

cough up a few quid main street. sometimes a fine is worth it for the right thing. Flying the flag of Palestine should not be deemed an illicit banner irrespective of what UEFA say. No issue with a tricolour, the star of David, the saltire, the union jack or red hand of ulster flags so why a Palestinian flag, a country recognised by the UN.
It's not the one particular issue, it's all political issues are banned from football grounds and I agree with the Uefa zero tolerance approach, whether it be directed against anti fascist or pro nazi gestures of support being made by fans.
The tricolour is a symbol of Irish ethnicity with Celtic fans, Uefa don't have an issue with that, neither  do they have an issue with Rangers and  the UJ  or Barca fans and their Catalan ethnicity. There is a distinction made between ethnic expression and political gestures.

When Robbie Fowler was fined for his gesture in support of the dockers, I think the FA made a point that regardless of anyone's sympathy with the cause,  such gestures of support are not tolerated on the football pitch, same goes to some player making a sly gesture to support fascists or in Di Canio's case in Rome, a blatantly obvious gesture.

stew

Cowards bring up what a man does when working for someone they do not know, you sir are a hypocrite and a coward!
This is a Gaelic games forum, for you to bring up a man's employer into the equation because you disagree with his stance is disgusting at best, and I find you a coward you odious piece of Crap.