62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Declan

Fantastic achievment by Dundalk. Great win

SuperHo

T Fearon

Surely now no one will accept any excuses if Celtic fail to reach the group stages

Over the Bar

Depends who they get in the next round *if* they get past Astana.   Some good teams in there.  Rodgers did his best to blow their chances of going thru by his team selection v Barca.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on August 02, 2016, 10:18:32 PM
Surely now no one will accept any excuses if Celtic fail to reach the group stages

Jesus Tony you need to understand these are two different teams from different countries playing different teams... Change the record
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on August 02, 2016, 10:18:32 PM

Tony seriously u really do need to wind your neck in. With supporters like u who needs enemies/rival fans...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Are you seriously saying Astana are better than Bate? If a part time Irish team, unseeded can get into the final qualifying round there is no excuse for seeded Celtic to fail

illdecide

No what I'm saying is if you're a supporter that you claim to be then support the team instead of sticking the boot in at every opportunity especially when it is not warranted. As someone stated in an earlier post come back this time next year and say "I told you so" or eat humble pie but FFS give the man a chance (and please no reminders of his salary again, we already know what he's earning).

You either support the team or you don't...when you get reason to criticise then do so but you've been doing it from before his first training session.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Tony's narcissistic obsessions are much more important than those trifling matters.

If it comes to it, Lustig can partner O'Connell at CH. 
I'd expect Astana to hold it tight and aim to pounce on the counter attack, nevertheless, 2 nil to Celtic at least.
I see Bitton is out, he surprised me in the first leg by looking very decent when he came on, after looking so abject under Ronny.

stew

Quote from: illdecide on August 02, 2016, 11:08:39 PM
No what I'm saying is if you're a supporter that you claim to be then support the team instead of sticking the boot in at every opportunity especially when it is not warranted. As someone stated in an earlier post come back this time next year and say "I told you so" or eat humble pie but FFS give the man a chance (and please no reminders of his salary again, we already know what he's earning).

You either support the team or you don't...when you get reason to criticise then do so but you've been doing it from before his first training session.

Tony is having a piss take illdecide.

The funny thing is, if somebody offered me 2 mil a year to do a job I wasnt going to do a good job in, I would be certain I would take it.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

The achievement of Dundalk really emphasises that Celtic have no excuse for not being in the Champions League qualifying groups this season.Their budget dwarfs that of their rivals who are unseeded and the current manager was brought in on a super salary to ensure there is no further underachievement.He has no excuse for failing I'm afraid,he doesn't need a year to bed in,get his own team etc when the rivals are of roughly the same standard of Dundalk (who have over achieved magnificently by the way).

The sad fact is that I wouldn't put my mortgage on Celtic getting past Dundalk should they be drawn together in the final round,should Celtic get to that stage even.

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on August 03, 2016, 05:44:04 PM
The achievement of Dundalk really emphasises that Celtic have no excuse for not being in the Champions League qualifying groups this season.Their budget dwarfs that of their rivals who are unseeded and the current manager was brought in on a super salary to ensure there is no further underachievement.He has no excuse for failing I'm afraid,he doesn't need a year to bed in,get his own team etc when the rivals are of roughly the same standard of Dundalk (who have over achieved magnificently by the way).

The sad fact is that I wouldn't put my mortgage on Celtic getting past Dundalk should they be drawn together in the final round,should Celtic get to that stage even.

Rubbish, Astana have one of the biggest budgets of any club in Europe. They are state backed. The Dundalk win only serves to show how difficult this game will be. Dundalk were mainly outplayed by better opponents but defended heroically and hit on the break. Bate also missed several really good chances.

T Fearon

Celtic will be benchmarked now against Dundalk.No excuse whatsoever for failing.