?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on July 19, 2016, 10:45:12 PM
Peter Lawwell said at the AGM that the structure of the club is based on qualifying for the group stages at least once in every three seasons.If Rodgers fails to do so this season,his hugely inflated salary is thus unjustified.To fail at the first hurdle against a part time team is irrecoverable as far as his post goes,I would think.Winning domestic leagues didn't save Ronny.

Ronny got a few years out of it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Do you seriously think Rodgers could ever win the support back if Celtic are eliminated from the Champions League by a team of part timers? That's worse than losing 4 nil at St Mirren

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on July 20, 2016, 07:28:14 AM
Do you seriously think Rodgers could ever win the support back if Celtic are eliminated from the Champions League by a team of part timers? That's worse than losing 4 nil at St Mirren

He's only in the job a few weeks. He needs to be given a couple of seasons like any new manager. He hasn't had a penny to spend yet. Strachan started off with a horrendous 5.0 defeat to artmedia but the panic button wasn't pressed and he had a good 4 seasons there. It would be disastrous to lose but these freak results happen so early in the season especially with a new manager who is implementing a new system on the players.

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on July 20, 2016, 07:28:14 AM

We get it. You don't like him. Give him a chance.

Applesisapples

I have to say I found Rodgers hard to like after he dumped the wife for a dollybird once he made the big time at Liverpool. However even he cannot be blamed for what happened last week. He has not been there long enough. To me the performance and the result raised more questions about Scott Brown's ability as a player and a leader on the pitch, and the lack of desire not to mention ability amongst the rest of the squad. For me last season only Lee Griffiths and young Tierney stood out as having that desire.

illdecide

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 20, 2016, 08:42:43 AM
I have to say I found Rodgers hard to like after he dumped the wife for a dollybird once he made the big time at Liverpool. However even he cannot be blamed for what happened last week. He has not been there long enough. To me the performance and the result raised more questions about Scott Brown's ability as a player and a leader on the pitch, and the lack of desire not to mention ability amongst the rest of the squad. For me last season only Lee Griffiths and young Tierney stood out as having that desire.

Lol...your some craic. You don't like him because him and his wife split up...FFS give us all a bit of peace...WTF has that got to do with anything or anybody only Brendan and his family.

I do agree with u that Tierney and Griffiths were the only 2 from last season that could hold their heads up high, the rest should be embarrassed to call themselves a Celtic player.

I'm actually glad that they're not rushing into buying players for the sake of buying someone, hopefully Brendan will buy quality and not quantity (his words). Thats why we're sitting with about 12 midfielders at the minute, give the man time and see what he does.

If after next season we're still playing Ambrose etc then i will slate both Club & manager but he's only in a few weeks and get behind him and the club and support them.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Gs Man

Paddy McCourt signed for Glenavon.

Some coup for the Lurgan Blues....
Keep 'er lit

T Fearon

Ffs Celtic even with me at the helm should be capable of beating a part time team.No excuse and no comeback for Rodgers if Celtic fail tonight.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on July 20, 2016, 12:06:13 PM
Ffs Celtic even with me at the helm should be capable of beating a part time team.No excuse and no comeback for Rodgers if Celtic fail tonight.

It is not his team yet, he has hardly worked with the squad, they will lay the wood tonight and all will be well, racks sake the man has just started working with the squad, are the players accountable at all?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

illdecide

Tony we know you don't like the man but FFS give him a chance, i know you'll come back with "What has he won"...i know all that but come back next year with either "told you so" or "tail between the legs". He is the Celtic manager and we have to give the man a chance...

themac_23

Quote from: illdecide on July 20, 2016, 12:25:51 PM

Tony we know you don't like the man but FFS give him a chance, i know you'll come back with "What has he won"...i know all that but come back next year with either "told you so" or "tail between the legs". He is the Celtic manager and we have to give the man a chance...

Is Tony not a Celtic fan? i cant quite believe the pelters he's firing at BR, man has been in the job a number of weeks, still has the same squad in place and is expected to perform miracles? i have total faith in BR, if indeed it turns out to be that he's not the right man then il hold my hands up and accept that but ill back him all the way until that time comes. ONE GAME for god sake

Applesisapples

Quote from: illdecide on July 20, 2016, 09:38:56 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on July 20, 2016, 08:42:43 AM

Lol...your some craic. You don't like him because him and his wife split up...FFS give us all a bit of peace...WTF has that got to do with anything or anybody only Brendan and his family.

I do agree with u that Tierney and Griffiths were the only 2 from last season that could hold their heads up high, the rest should be embarrassed to call themselves a Celtic player.

I'm actually glad that they're not rushing into buying players for the sake of buying someone, hopefully Brendan will buy quality and not quantity (his words). Thats why we're sitting with about 12 midfielders at the minute, give the man time and see what he does.

If after next season we're still playing Ambrose etc then i will slate both Club & manager but he's only in a few weeks and get behind him and the club and support them.
compare the two

T Fearon

If at any time Ronny had lost to a part time team he would have been gone right away.Celtic are not paying over £2m a year to a manager to be eliminated by a part time team in the first round of the Champions League.There is no excuse about not being his team etc.FFS they are not playing Barcelona or Real Madrid.

illdecide

Compare what? you brought a reason for not liking the man into talk about football which had nothing to do with football nor with anyone else for that matter only his family.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on July 20, 2016, 12:50:05 PM
If at any time Ronny had lost to a part time team he would have been gone right away.Celtic are not paying over £2m a year to a manager to be eliminated by a part time team in the first round of the Champions League.There is no excuse about not being his team etc.FFS they are not playing Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Well at least wait until tonight and make judgement if he has lost the tie!!!