Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

washed_up

i was at the game in Oriel Park back then and if i recall correctly Dundalk hit the post in the first five minutes!!

T Fearon

It was late in the game when Dundalk hit the post A goal would have mean't them going through on the away goals rule,to the quarter finals where Celtic met  Real Madrid powered in midfield by Vincente Del Bosque!

bannside

Was at both games - Oriel Pk where they were lucky and then Celtic Pk where they beat Real Madrid  2-0.

T Fearon

Brilliant memories.Was at all Dundalk's big games PSV Eindhoven,Celtic,Spurs Liverpool

under the bar

Rodgers should go now!  He's already lost the dressing room obviously!

Applesisapples

Celtic's problems are basically same shit players from last season producing the same shit results.

T Fearon

I thought last year was all down to Ronny.At any given time,Celtic should have adequately competent players managed effectively by an adequately competent manager to defeat a part time team from Gibraltar.This was the worst result in Celtic's history and for Rodgers to maintain it wasn't embarrassing is an insult to the intelligence of Celtic's suppoerters

The Subbie

Quote from: T Fearon on July 13, 2016, 11:06:03 AM
Brilliant memories.Was at all Dundalk's big games PSV Eindhoven,Celtic,Spurs Liverpool

I was at the Liverpool Dundalk game, it was the first "proper" match I was at , Bruce Grobbelar, Hansen,dagleish, Craig Jonhston, a serious Liverpool team and Dundalk held them well, they were not in any way disgraced on the night. Even though the result was 4-1  ;D

T Fearon

I was standing on the unreserved terrace that night,where the great Bob Paisley took his seat on the bench positioned at that side, to rapturous applause.Dundalk lost only 1 nil in the return leg at Anfield,and I remember the midfield player Leo Flannagan saying that Sounness was taunting him during the game and he retorted by saying "If I was earning £800 quid a week I'd be a better player than you!"

T Fearon

Well,if the unthinkable happens (and I certainly wouldn't invest heavily in Celtic getting through) could Rodgers survive this? I doubt it.He could never win the fans over

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on July 19, 2016, 09:45:17 PM
Well,if the unthinkable happens (and I certainly wouldn't invest heavily in Celtic getting through) could Rodgers survive this? I doubt it.He could never win the fans over

You could take that team to league title, they will hardly win the cl ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Getting to the group stages is a must though

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: T Fearon on July 19, 2016, 09:45:17 PM

The PP power account must be taking a hammering Willie

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Peter Lawwell said at the AGM that the structure of the club is based on qualifying for the group stages at least once in every three seasons.If Rodgers fails to do so this season,his hugely inflated salary is thus unjustified.To fail at the first hurdle against a part time team is irrecoverable as far as his post goes,I would think.Winning domestic leagues didn't save Ronny.