Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Il Bomber Destro

Very exciting appointment, third Ulster man to manage Celtic in the past 11 years.

I'd love to see us bring Jimmy McClean to Celtic Park this summer.

themac_23

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 21, 2016, 10:45:34 AM
Very exciting appointment, third Ulster man to manage Celtic in the past 11 years.

I'd love to see us bring Jimmy McClean to Celtic Park this summer.

I wouldn't, he's not a Rodgers kinda player. His style of play suits where he is, hard work and press. Rodgers likes a more technical player.

T Fearon

If anything sums up Brendan Rodgers it's his inability to deal with pressure.How I wish he'd been Leicester manager during this season's Premiership run in,the trophy would now be at White Hart Lane.

Also unlike Lennon and O'Neill he's not exactly animated on the sideline,something every Celtic manager (even Strachan had it) needs to be.Seems like a marriage of convenience for both parties,so called big name after Ronnie and a manager desperate for a mid tier English Premiership gig.

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on May 21, 2016, 12:20:58 PM
If anything sums up Brendan Rodgers it's his inability to deal with pressure.How I wish he'd been Leicester manager during this season's Premiership run in,the trophy would now be at White Hart Lane.

Also unlike Lennon and O'Neill he's not exactly animated on the sideline,something every Celtic manager (even Strachan had it) needs to be.Seems like a marriage of convenience for both parties,so called big name after Ronnie and a manager desperate for a mid tier English Premiership gig.

Tony you'll be the first man to kiss his ass if you ever get to meet him and all u have done is put him down and be negative about him and he has not even been officially presented to the fans yet...you're some ballbag
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

I don't see any reason to be ecstatic about a manager who has won nothing other than a play off and who has been out of work since last October.Delighted if he is successful in this role but ex Liverpool managers who have won nothing don't necessarily deserve a "big name" title.

Minder

Quote from: T Fearon on May 21, 2016, 03:08:30 PM
I don't see any reason to be ecstatic about a manager who has won nothing other than a play off and who has been out of work since last October.Delighted if he is successful in this role but ex Liverpool managers who have won nothing don't necessarily deserve a "big name" title.

Who were you expecting, Guardiola?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Avondhu star

If Rodgers is seen to get the finance needed to attract players capable of getting past Champions League qualifiers then he should do fine. But Celtic will need to be in C.L. after Christmas to keep everyone on side.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

ned

TF you remind me of Chris Sutton. Likes a moan. BR could have waited about for an EPL job if he had wanted it. He is young and ambitious and even if he spends five years at Celtic, as long as he is successful he has plenty of time for other big managerial posts.

From the Bunker

He's an Irish man. With an Irish related team. I wish him well. He has a very easy (domestically) and a very hard job (Europe) ahead of him.

charlieTully

Quote from: illdecide on May 21, 2016, 01:43:33 PM

Tony you'll be the first man to kiss his ass if you ever get to meet him and all u have done is put him down and be negative about him and he has not even been officially presented to the fans yet...you're some ballbag

WUMing as usual Tony is, he cant resist, even though its Celtic. Rodgers is a great appointment.  Nice one Hibs winning the cup, mental scenes after.

ned

Quote from: charlieTully on May 21, 2016, 05:22:31 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 21, 2016, 01:43:33 PM

WUMing as usual Tony is, he cant resist, even though its Celtic. Rodgers is a great appointment.  Nice one Hibs winning the cup, mental scenes after.

Had a dislike for Hibs for a few years but since Stubbs can't help but root for them. Cant begrudge Hibs the win, well deserved. Overreaction as usual to the pitch invasion. If any rangers players or staff were assaulted then that is a different matter.

T Fearon

Reasons why I'm sceptical about £45k a week (and a rumoured £15 m transfer chest ) Rodgers are:

1.3 years and won nothing with Liverpool and lost the league title from practically an unassailable position.

2.Presided over  a 6-1 defeat by Stoke City, yes that's Stoke City.

3.I was at Old Trafford in December 2014 to witness an abject Liverpool team lose 3 nil to LVG's Man Utd.

4 Won one match out of four in his only Champions League involvement against mighty Basle and Ludogorets.

5 Progressed no further than round 32 of the Europa League.

Just because you come from Co Antrim and managed Liverpool without success does not make you a good manager and certainly does not merit a £45k weekly salary..

Avondhu star

Great win for the Hibs. That will keep the bigots down the Gorgie rd quiet.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

ned

Quote from: T Fearon on May 21, 2016, 09:41:36 PM
Reasons why I'm sceptical about £45k a week (and a rumoured £15 m transfer chest ) Rodgers are:

1.3 years and won nothing with Liverpool and lost the league title from practically an unassailable position.

2.Presided over  a 6-1 defeat by Stoke City, yes that's Stoke City.

3.I was at Old Trafford in December 2014 to witness an abject Liverpool team lose 3 nil to LVG's Man Utd.

4 Won one match out of four in his only Champions League involvement against mighty Basle and Ludogorets.

5 Progressed no further than round 32 of the Europa League.

Just because you come from Co Antrim and managed Liverpool without success does not make you a good manager and certainly does not merit a £45k weekly salary..

That 6-1 game was at the end of the season. Tools had been downed. Had Liverpool closer to the title than they y had been for a long time. Losing 3-0 to Man U isnt great but isolated results are not very helpful in analysing his credentials. His European performances leave a bit to be desired. However, I am hopeful he has learned lessons.
Certainly prefer BR to Moyes. Beyond those two I think any other appointment is a step down. Didn't want another RD.
Was it Mickey O'Neill you wanted TF?  Wouldn't have minded him but I feel Rodgers is a notch or two above.

Minder

I think the "unassailable position" was 3pts ahead with 3 games to go , and two of the most expensively assembled squads in the history of the game I would have thought, chasing Liverpool.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"