?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on April 18, 2016, 04:36:23 PM
That's not accurate. The stadim has been barely 1/3 full this season, for a lot of games,as supporters have deserted in their droves.

I understand the legal reasons why Rangers are still Rangers, what I don't understand is why many Celtic fans claim they are a new club (I get they want to wind up the Rangers support ok), but the same Celtic supporters treated yesterday's game very much like the Old Firm Derby, as it always has been, as if nothing had happened at all to Rangers.

I repeat if Celtic had been facing Hibs, Inverness, Dundee Utd or anyone else yesterday, the Celtic end would not have been nearly full even.

Also Ronny Deila is the manager because no one else wanted the job. At last year's AGM, the accounts revealed the club has about £4m in the Bank. With no other significant revenue streams available, that's not going to attract the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho or allow them to buy the kind of players they are accustomed to buying

Rangers are a new club. That is why players who were on long contracts with the old rangers were allowed to leave for nothing as their contracts became null and void as the old club no longer existed. If it was the same club they would have demanded fees for several players who left for nothing. Celtic fans are realistic enough to know that we're not going to get guardiola or mourinho and we also dont get the ridiculous tv money the epl teams get so we cant attract big name players. We do however have a stronger squad than sevco but deila has proven time and time again that he is not up to the job. Its not unreasonable for us to get a manager like david moyes or malky mckay who would both be decent options for us at this stage.

T Fearon

I agree.But will Moyes take the job? I doubt it.There are no easy fixes or solutions.Deila did ok in his first year with the likes of Guidetti,Denayer etc but that quality has not been replaced.

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on April 18, 2016, 05:38:25 PM
I agree.But will Moyes take the job? I doubt it.There are no easy fixes or solutions.Deila did ok in his first year with the likes of Guidetti,Denayer etc but that quality has not been replaced.

He did ok in the league but was very weak tactically in Europe against teams we should have been beating. Moyes may or may not take the job but if he doesn't we should be able to get someone of that type of standing in the game.

tonto1888

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 18, 2016, 04:58:11 PM
As embarrassing as that result was for Celtic, its not half as much as Rangers winning the title next season would be.  Unless they get shot of Delia quickly, that's a very possible scenario.

Sadly this is correct. Yesterday's result did not come as that much of a surprise to me. If anyone has watched us this season they'd know we are vulnerable and haven't played well. We crumble at hampden time and time again also and regardless if wether they are a new team or not I don't think we've beaten the ibrox team in a cup semifinal since 1925

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 18, 2016, 05:52:15 PM
As embarrassing as that result was for Celtic, its not half as much as Rangers winning the title next season would be.  Unless they get shot of Delia quickly, that's a very possible scenario.

Sadly this is correct. Yesterday's result did not come as that much of a surprise to me. If anyone has watched us this season they'd know we are vulnerable and haven't played well. We crumble at hampden time and time again also and regardless if wether they are a new team or not I don't think we've beaten the ibrox team in a cup semifinal since 1925
You have a good memory, considering.

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on April 18, 2016, 08:14:20 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 18, 2016, 05:52:15 PM

You have a good memory, considering.

Haha. I think it was only mentioned about 458 times in the build up

T Fearon

Simple fact is a young hungry team yesterday outfought a relatively ageing team,most of whom are well decorated in terms of medals etc.No coincidence that teenagers like Tierney,and Roberts (the glaring miss aside) were Celtic's top performers.

With no money relatively speaking,a relatively unattractive domestic league it is hard to see a top manager with a track record being persuaded.Moyes will take the first job he's offered in England anyway.

You're probably looking at a celebrity name like Roy Keane,who will not have the temperament to withstand the inevitable scrutiny and flak visited upon Old Firm managers and players.

ashman

The scrape at Belfast airport on the Indo is funny.

straightred

That's not accurate. The stadim has been barely 1/3 full this season, for a lot of games,as supporters have deserted in their droves.

I understand the legal reasons why Rangers are still Rangers, what I don't understand is why many Celtic fans claim they are a new club (I get they want to wind up the Rangers support ok), but the same Celtic supporters treated yesterday's game very much like the Old Firm Derby, as it always has been, as if nothing had happened at all to Rangers.

I repeat if Celtic had been facing Hibs, Inverness, Dundee Utd or anyone else yesterday, the Celtic end would not have been nearly full even.

Also Ronny Deila is the manager because no one else wanted the job. At last year's AGM, the accounts revealed the club has about £4m in the Bank. With no other significant revenue streams available, that's not going to attract the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho or allow them to buy the kind of players they are accustomed to buying

You can repeat away all you want but yesterday was a cup semi final and they would have sold their allocation if they were playing anyone. League games are different. I didn't treat yesterday like an old firm game. Old firm games are a thing of the past - its a Glasgow derby in my mind now and always will be. They burned almost 300 creditors including the kids face painter. If they want to claim they are the same club let them pay their debts. I could digress to cheating their way to titles using illegal scams as well. Their list of offences is pretty much endless.

As for Delia point taken but there simply has to be better out there available. Change is badly needed.

dec

Quote from: T Fearon on April 18, 2016, 11:25:35 AM
I don't understand Celtic supporters who claim this is a different Rangers.If that's the case why was the Celtic end jam packed yesterday? Wouldn't have been if they were playing Dundee Utd,Inverness etc

It's a wind up/troll thing. Sort of like someone who posts a lots of trolling type threads and replies on this dicussion board.

muppet

Quote from: dec on April 18, 2016, 09:03:04 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 18, 2016, 11:25:35 AM
I don't understand Celtic supporters who claim this is a different Rangers.If that's the case why was the Celtic end jam packed yesterday? Wouldn't have been if they were playing Dundee Utd,Inverness etc

It's a wind up/troll thing. Sort of like someone who posts a lots of trolling type threads and replies on this dicussion board.

;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

Quote from: T Fearon on April 18, 2016, 10:30:16 PM
http://www.scotzine.com/2016/04/ronny-deila-to-leave-celtic-at-end-of-the-season/

Looks like it's going to happen.
And his departure should happen with dignity, he should be given the honour to lead Celtic to another spl title and celebrate accordingly. Afterwards  turn out the light and close the door.

Then the board can work out htf they are spending £50m out of £65m  on that lot, when squads with 20% of that income are run better and can play Celtic off the park

ned

Moyes will be the new Celtic manager if the board don't do their usual and eff about. Lawwell to go as well.
Sunday's result wasn't a surprise but with more composure it would have been 5-2 to us. They had three 'chances' and scored from two,  their second goal was just one of those shots that either screams in or is high and wide. We were well off our best (whatever that might be this year) and they played better than most of us thought they could.
And they are a new club, they were liquidated which in any other sphere is pretty much final. Same flies, different shit!

MoChara

4 Million in the Black is kind of rare for Soccer teams I believe most of them operate heavily in the Red offset against their assets, this was a long term goal of Celtics I think ever since they nearly went tits up too, its why Lawell was always a miserable bastard with regards players etc to stop us going the way of Rangers.
What I find crazy sometimes is how conservative they are to keep the books balanced very rarely betting anything on getting Champions League and the Wind Fall from it.