62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

longballin

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 18, 2016, 11:19:29 AM
Quote from: Arthur_Friend on April 18, 2016, 07:57:52 AM
Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2016, 06:45:15 AM
Celtic are shite. Worse thing that happened to them was Rangers getting relegated. Maybe the return of the Old Firm will make Scottish football less of a terminal bore.

Rangers weren't relegated.

I read a quote somewhere that I thought was funny. Along the lines of 'If your dog dies, and you get a new dog, and call it the same name, IT'S NOT THE SAME DOG!!'.

:)

The billy boys and the sash... sounded like the same rangers to me... if it looks like a duck...

AZOffaly

Ara as far as I'm concerned it's the same gang. Same supporters, same colour, same badge (I think). I had this argument before on here about a club's identity and who owns it. I just thought that quote was a funny wind up.

T Fearon

I don't understand Celtic supporters who claim this is a different Rangers.If that's the case why was the Celtic end jam packed yesterday? Wouldn't have been if they were playing Dundee Utd,Inverness etc

No wides

Just heard they were beat today - slap it up them and all from here who think they are associated with them.  ;D

Main Street

Quote from: general_lee on April 17, 2016, 10:07:28 PM
I wouldn't put all the blame on RD, the board need to take some flak as well. Hopefully a wake up call, Rangers are back and in the time they were away Celtic have regressed. It's as if the board have done the bare minimum required. They need to start building a team, stop selling the better players and stop relying on whatever semi half decent talent that they poach from other clubs/ "develop" from youth team.
The Board have done far less than the bare minimum, therefore Celtic have regressed. The best players out there were the 2 subs and  young Tierney.
Since the 2011/12 season,  the board haves cashed in 2 CL's income, sold the best players and bought no stand out replacements except DvD, also they made a tidy sum selling Forster and replacing him with Gordon.
The board's  policy over the past 3 seasons, can be reflected in the finished product, that abysmal Celtic performance. Rangers were even fitter and their ambition made them look  better. All subs were used but  Biton wanted to quit the game, an utterly pathetic attitude in a Glasgow derby.
No wonder Celtic's midfield had little presence when you include Johansen has gone from poty to pot and Brown looks like a finished player.

Applesisapples

How can any of those players have respect for that Celtic management team? John Collins was a so so player and a worse manager, Delilah came from a second class league. There has been absolutely no heart or passion in that Celtic team since they took over. A poor rangers team made them look like they were the championship side. Scott Brown is a shadow of the player he used to be and as for Bitton....

clarshack

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 18, 2016, 12:15:15 PM
How can any of those players have respect for that Celtic management team? John Collins was a so so player and a worse manager, Delilah came from a second class league. There has been absolutely no heart or passion in that Celtic team since they took over. A poor rangers team made them look like they were the championship side. Scott Brown is a shadow of the player he used to be and as for Bitton....

Scott Brown was never a player.

illdecide

I have stated before that Bitton is a joke of a player, Scott Brown is a player usually associated with the hustle and bustle and to snuff out the danger man on the other team but not sure if he'd have the  legs for that any more but no skill there whatsoever. Johansen has been really poor this year and Gary Mackay-Steven is a mid table Scottish Premier League player and nothing else who can perform a good game in 10, Roberts done okay but missed a chance that will embarrass him until the day he dies...Ohh hold on a minute i've just named the midfield, now let me think we have K Commons and T Rogic on the bench who are probably the most talented players available and he uses one of them for about 20 mins...WTF. That's terrible bad management...Sorry young Ronnie but you had your shot and failed miserably, it's time to part ways and good luck to you in the future.

The Board now need to man up and get a man in with experience and a proven track record (not a yes man), unfortunately this man will be looking assurances on money to buy players etc and I don't believe he'll get it so another "Yes" man will more than likely be appointed in the Summer.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

To fulfill the  minimum mandate i.e. to beat a rebuilding  Rangers  and win next year's title, will require spending and any new manager worth his salt will demand a kitty before accepting the job.

straightred

Quote from: T Fearon on April 18, 2016, 11:25:35 AM
I don't understand Celtic supporters who claim this is a different Rangers.If that's the case why was the Celtic end jam packed yesterday? Wouldn't have been if they were playing Dundee Utd,Inverness etc

It's simple really. The old club were liquidated after they left a trail of debt and destruction behind them. They tried every trick in the book to avoid liquidation as they knew it meant the end regarding history. A new club was then setup and they were allowed to start at near the bottom league  (but not the actual bottom league). This new club then decided to rename themselves back to Rangers and expected everyone not to notice. Some players (Naismith being probably the best example) walked away from their contracts as the new club had no hold over them in terms of a contract. Since this they have been in denial to the whole affair. You'd swear to listen to them that Craig White never existed.

As for the Celtics woes ? Delia should have been chased long ago. Not up to it and never was.

Finally, regarding the attendance. The Celtic end would have bene full yesterday regardless of the opposition. That's part of the problem, i.e. they are too loyal.

charlieTully

Quote from: No wides on April 18, 2016, 11:26:08 AM
Just heard they were beat today - slap it up them and all from here who think they are associated with them.  ;D

why?

AZOffaly

Quote from: straightred on April 18, 2016, 03:16:18 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 18, 2016, 11:25:35 AM

It's simple really. The old club were liquidated after they left a trail of debt and destruction behind them. They tried every trick in the book to avoid liquidation as they knew it meant the end regarding history. A new club was then setup and they were allowed to start at near the bottom league  (but not the actual bottom league). This new club then decided to rename themselves back to Rangers and expected everyone not to notice. Some players (Naismith being probably the best example) walked away from their contracts as the new club had no hold over them in terms of a contract. Since this they have been in denial to the whole affair. You'd swear to listen to them that Craig White never existed.

As for the Celtics woes ? Delia should have been chased long ago. Not up to it and never was.

Finally, regarding the attendance. The Celtic end would have bene full yesterday regardless of the opposition. That's part of the problem, i.e. they are too loyal.

Their only crime is loyalty? :) :)

T Fearon

That's not accurate. The stadim has been barely 1/3 full this season, for a lot of games,as supporters have deserted in their droves.

I understand the legal reasons why Rangers are still Rangers, what I don't understand is why many Celtic fans claim they are a new club (I get they want to wind up the Rangers support ok), but the same Celtic supporters treated yesterday's game very much like the Old Firm Derby, as it always has been, as if nothing had happened at all to Rangers.

I repeat if Celtic had been facing Hibs, Inverness, Dundee Utd or anyone else yesterday, the Celtic end would not have been nearly full even.

Also Ronny Deila is the manager because no one else wanted the job. At last year's AGM, the accounts revealed the club has about £4m in the Bank. With no other significant revenue streams available, that's not going to attract the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho or allow them to buy the kind of players they are accustomed to buying

StGallsGAA

As embarrassing as that result was for Celtic, its not half as much as Rangers winning the title next season would be.  Unless they get shot of Delia quickly, that's a very possible scenario.

passedit

Quote from: T Fearon on April 18, 2016, 04:36:23 PM

I understand the legal reasons why Rangers are still Rangers,

I don't. Enlighten me.
Don't Panic