Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2016, 11:39:09 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 04, 2016, 11:22:50 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2016, 11:12:12 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 04, 2016, 10:58:39 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2016, 10:52:36 AM
Quote from: illdecide on February 04, 2016, 10:02:18 AM
Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2016, 09:42:40 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 04, 2016, 09:36:28 AM
Awful result. Team selection was woeful. with the exception of Griffiths and Tierney there was no passion. Scott Brown was only interested in acting the hardman. No leadership on our off the field. At this rate Aberdeen will win the league.
That's all Scott Brown has ever done imo. Dreadful player.
Wouldn't be just wonderful if Aberdeen did win it.

Why would that be wonderful? are you an Aberdeen supporter? What connections do you have with them? This sickens my hole TBH as the portion of Ireland that supports Celtic the rest want to see them beat. You don't support any other team in that Country and Celtic having the Irish connections you'd rather see Rangers/Aberdeen or any other team for that matter win the title...and if you've no interest in Celtic (look at the title of the thread) why come in and try to wind people up (we've already got Fearon for that)

The Irish Connection thing is resigned to history . . . what exactly is the Irish connection to the Club now? There are more Englishmen on the team than Irish players.

What I see now is a virtual monopoly on the Scottish Premier League and why wouldn't anyone want to see someone new come in and break the mould. Celtic supporters should be looking for it too as the lack of genuine competition has seen the board try and maintain the club on a shoestring which has led to the decline in quality of manager since Strachan really.

It was said at the time that Celtic couldn't cope with the loss of Rangers and so it has transpired. For the better of football in Scotland overall I think an Aberdeen Premier League victory would be refreshing!

If you ever go to a Celtic game you will realise the Irish connection is as strong as ever with the fans.

Football without fans, is nothing.

That is what the great Jock Stein said and the fans of the club certainly seem to identify strongly with their Irish heritage.

Celtic's average league attendances from 98-2012 were averaging 58k . . . the average for this season is 44k. The Sectarian element is disappearing and the whole "us and them" thing will be gone within the next 2 generations I would think and then what have we got left?? An average football club with a great history!!

What's your point?

Your original issue seemed to be Celtic have lost their Irish connection. The culture and connection with Ireland is still as strong as ever with the fans, if you ever watch an away Celtic game, you will hear the away fans quite audibly singing Irish songs for 90 minutes with tricolours everywhere.

Are Celtic shit now? Yes.
Have attendance shrunk since MON left and the board's directive has been to downsize the playing side of the club and line their pockets? Yes.
Have the fans lost any of their Irish identity? Not one iota, that has remained steadfast with the supporters for well over a century now.

What do you consider sectarian about Celtic anyway?

Surely the fact that there are less fans lessens the Irish connection?!

Surely you can't argue that a big whack of Celtic's fans only support Celtic because of the Sectarian rivalry with Rangers and the Irish/British thing!! Sectarianism is fast disappearing whereas a young lad in the North used to be told "You're a Catholic you support Celtic" nobody is really bothering with that nonsense anymore which will further hurt Celtic's fanbase and their "Irishness".

I support Celtic because I identify with the Irish traditions of the club. In the same way when an Irish team is playing soccer or rugby or an Irish boxer has a big fight on I would support them. I am not sectarian and I would say most of the ordinary Celtic fans I know are not sectarian. The club was set up to alleviate the poverty in the east end of Glasgow where thousands of Irish people had emigrated to. I just can't identify with any of the teams in the English premier league in the same way although I enjoy watching the odd live game and match of the day. When an Irish boxer is fighting like Frampton or McGregor there are probably lots of fans who go along and sing irish rebel songs there. I know lots of people who have jumped on the McGregor bandwagon, why are they doing that? It's simply because he is Irish. In the same way I support Celtic because they have a unique Irish identity which no other club across the water has.

Applesisapples

Watching Celtic vs Kilmarnock that has to be the worst Celtic team ever, no method, poor in attack and lucky not to be 1 or 2 down. Piss poor.

Applesisapples

A good strike from Rogic can't hide a poor display.

ashman

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 19, 2016, 01:24:06 PM
Watching Celtic vs Kilmarnock that has to be the worst Celtic team ever, no method, poor in attack and lucky not to be 1 or 2 down. Piss poor.

Not being rude but surely there is more to life .

Applesisapples

Quote from: ashman on March 19, 2016, 03:06:28 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on March 19, 2016, 01:24:06 PM

Not being rude but surely there is more to life .
It's beginning to look that way!

StGallsGAA

Its not the team.  Its the tuppence hal'penny manager...

From the Bunker

Quote from: StGallsGAA on March 20, 2016, 09:54:59 PM

Its the tuppence hal'penny League as well.....

Il Bomber Destro

It's both, Deila needs to go but there are some truly insipid, gutless players there. Giving journeymen mercenaries like Kazim Richards and Cole two year deals just smacked of desperation, the squad is a complete mess with a handful of proper central midfielders in the squad, one reliable striker, one injury prone winger and about 10 samey average no 10 types. I can't even watch us these days, ultimately Deila is the manager and he's responsible for the state of the squad but even if he goes at the end of the season the new manager inherits a complete and utter mess.

Of the players I'd keep:

Gordon

Sviatchenko
Simunovic
Tierney
Lustig
Izzy

Rogic
Brown
Bitton

Griffiths

Everyone else in the squad can do one as far as I'm concerend, some of them to a greater extent than others but we basically have all of the following players competing for the same position:

Commons
Rogic
Mackay Steven
Allan
Johansen
Armstrong
Chrisie
McGregor

None of them are really that good, Rogic seems to be the one who has a bit more class than the others at the minute. Commons looks done, Johansen has gone to shit and the others just aren't good enough. There seems to be zero thought into signing players, we just seem to be doing it for the sake of it.

Kickham csc

Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2016, 11:12:12 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 04, 2016, 10:58:39 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2016, 10:52:36 AM
Quote from: illdecide on February 04, 2016, 10:02:18 AM
Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2016, 09:42:40 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 04, 2016, 09:36:28 AM
Awful result. Team selection was woeful. with the exception of Griffiths and Tierney there was no passion. Scott Brown was only interested in acting the hardman. No leadership on our off the field. At this rate Aberdeen will win the league.
That's all Scott Brown has ever done imo. Dreadful player.
Wouldn't be just wonderful if Aberdeen did win it.

Why would that be wonderful? are you an Aberdeen supporter? What connections do you have with them? This sickens my hole TBH as the portion of Ireland that supports Celtic the rest want to see them beat. You don't support any other team in that Country and Celtic having the Irish connections you'd rather see Rangers/Aberdeen or any other team for that matter win the title...and if you've no interest in Celtic (look at the title of the thread) why come in and try to wind people up (we've already got Fearon for that)

The Irish Connection thing is resigned to history . . . what exactly is the Irish connection to the Club now? There are more Englishmen on the team than Irish players.

What I see now is a virtual monopoly on the Scottish Premier League and why wouldn't anyone want to see someone new come in and break the mould. Celtic supporters should be looking for it too as the lack of genuine competition has seen the board try and maintain the club on a shoestring which has led to the decline in quality of manager since Strachan really.

It was said at the time that Celtic couldn't cope with the loss of Rangers and so it has transpired. For the better of football in Scotland overall I think an Aberdeen Premier League victory would be refreshing!

If you ever go to a Celtic game you will realise the Irish connection is as strong as ever with the fans.

Football without fans, is nothing.

That is what the great Jock Stein said and the fans of the club certainly seem to identify strongly with their Irish heritage.

Celtic's average league attendances from 98-2012 were averaging 58k . . . the average for this season is 44k. The Sectarian element is disappearing and the whole "us and them" thing will be gone within the next 2 generations I would think and then what have we got left?? An average football club with a great history!!

In my opinion, the 14K reduction in average attendance has less to do with the sectarian element disappearing, and more to do with the quality on the pitch. Just moved over from living in the states for 10 years. Trying to brainwash my son to being a Celtic supporter via educating him on the great Celtic attacking football style.

Watched the game on Sunday, and OMG, that was embarrassingly poor.

So as great a supporter as I am, I am in no rush to bring my lad up to Celtic Park, because the football on display would suck the life out of you.

If Celtic were playing good football, with great young talent, and competing in Europe, the attendances would go up, with or without Rangers

illdecide

I think the problem now is RD knows he's a dead man walking and think the players know that too, every manager will buy someone who turns out to be a flop but the amount of players he signed for similar positions is beggars belief. Defensively we're still poor and out of the 20 odd midfielders we have i'm sure we can muster 4-5 decent ones but the striker situation is a joke and has been for quite some time now, if anything happens Leigh Griffiths then Celtic would be in big trouble.

If Celtic sack him in the summer then i believe they should have done it after Christmas so that the new man in would have had 6 months to bed in and get to know the players and have a proper go at the Champions League Qualifiers in July.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Over the Bar

Ronnie McFall would be a better option than Delia.

tonto1888

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 20, 2016, 10:11:00 PM

It's both, Deila needs to go but there are some truly insipid, gutless players there. Giving journeymen mercenaries like Kazim Richards and Cole two year deals just smacked of desperation, the squad is a complete mess with a handful of proper central midfielders in the squad, one reliable striker, one injury prone winger and about 10 samey average no 10 types. I can't even watch us these days, ultimately Deila is the manager and he's responsible for the state of the squad but even if he goes at the end of the season the new manager inherits a complete and utter mess.

Of the players I'd keep:

Gordon

Sviatchenko
Simunovic
Tierney
Lustig
Izzy

Rogic
Brown
Bitton

Griffiths

Everyone else in the squad can do one as far as I'm concerend, some of them to a greater extent than others but we basically have all of the following players competing for the same position:

Commons
Rogic
Mackay Steven
Allan
Johansen
Armstrong
Chrisie
McGregor

None of them are really that good, Rogic seems to be the one who has a bit more class than the others at the minute. Commons looks done, Johansen has gone to shit and the others just aren't good enough. There seems to be zero thought into signing players, we just seem to be doing it for the sake of it.

Christie needs to be given a chance. Other than that I agree with you

illdecide

Do u guys actually rate that man Bitton? I think he's terrible...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on March 22, 2016, 11:05:38 AM
Do u guys actually rate that man Bitton? I think he's terrible...

I think hes alright. Not as good as some make him out tho

Applesisapples

With the departure of Neil Lennon and Stokes there appears to be no-one in the first team set-up with a passion for the club. Brown used to be a gritty determined player who brought passion to the game even if a bit ott at times. From his performance on Saturday the current set-up seems to have sucked the life out of him.