62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

laoislad

Quote from: illdecide on February 04, 2016, 10:02:18 AM
Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2016, 09:42:40 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 04, 2016, 09:36:28 AM
Awful result. Team selection was woeful. with the exception of Griffiths and Tierney there was no passion. Scott Brown was only interested in acting the hardman. No leadership on our off the field. At this rate Aberdeen will win the league.
That's all Scott Brown has ever done imo. Dreadful player.
Wouldn't be just wonderful if Aberdeen did win it.

Why would that be wonderful? are you an Aberdeen supporter? What connections do you have with them? This sickens my hole TBH as the portion of Ireland that supports Celtic the rest want to see them beat. You don't support any other team in that Country and Celtic having the Irish connections you'd rather see Rangers/Aberdeen or any other team for that matter win the title...and if you've no interest in Celtic (look at the title of the thread) why come in and try to wind people up (we've already got Fearon for that)
Chill out ffs you big luder  ;D
It would be great to see Aberdeen win the league in the same way it would be great to see Leicester win the English League,or someone other than Kilkenny win the All Ireland,everyone loves an underdog...comprende??

Does it really mean that much to you that you have to see Celtic win it every f**king year. Does it not get to the stage where it just becomes a meh moment that they won it again?
I'm not trying to wind anyone up but I think most football fans would agree it would be nice to see someone different win for a change.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2016, 11:39:09 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 04, 2016, 11:22:50 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2016, 11:12:12 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 04, 2016, 10:58:39 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2016, 10:52:36 AM
Awful result. Team selection was woeful. with the exception of Griffiths and Tierney there was no passion. Scott Brown was only interested in acting the hardman. No leadership on our off the field. At this rate Aberdeen will win the league.

Why would that be wonderful? are you an Aberdeen supporter? What connections do you have with them? This sickens my hole TBH as the portion of Ireland that supports Celtic the rest want to see them beat. You don't support any other team in that Country and Celtic having the Irish connections you'd rather see Rangers/Aberdeen or any other team for that matter win the title...and if you've no interest in Celtic (look at the title of the thread) why come in and try to wind people up (we've already got Fearon for that)

The Irish Connection thing is resigned to history . . . what exactly is the Irish connection to the Club now? There are more Englishmen on the team than Irish players.

What I see now is a virtual monopoly on the Scottish Premier League and why wouldn't anyone want to see someone new come in and break the mould. Celtic supporters should be looking for it too as the lack of genuine competition has seen the board try and maintain the club on a shoestring which has led to the decline in quality of manager since Strachan really.

It was said at the time that Celtic couldn't cope with the loss of Rangers and so it has transpired. For the better of football in Scotland overall I think an Aberdeen Premier League victory would be refreshing!

If you ever go to a Celtic game you will realise the Irish connection is as strong as ever with the fans.

Football without fans, is nothing.

That is what the great Jock Stein said and the fans of the club certainly seem to identify strongly with their Irish heritage.

Celtic's average league attendances from 98-2012 were averaging 58k . . . the average for this season is 44k. The Sectarian element is disappearing and the whole "us and them" thing will be gone within the next 2 generations I would think and then what have we got left?? An average football club with a great history!!

What's your point?

Your original issue seemed to be Celtic have lost their Irish connection. The culture and connection with Ireland is still as strong as ever with the fans, if you ever watch an away Celtic game, you will hear the away fans quite audibly singing Irish songs for 90 minutes with tricolours everywhere.

Are Celtic shit now? Yes.
Have attendance shrunk since MON left and the board's directive has been to downsize the playing side of the club and line their pockets? Yes.
Have the fans lost any of their Irish identity? Not one iota, that has remained steadfast with the supporters for well over a century now.

What do you consider sectarian about Celtic anyway?

Surely the fact that there are less fans lessens the Irish connection?!

Surely you can't argue that a big whack of Celtic's fans only support Celtic because of the Sectarian rivalry with Rangers and the Irish/British thing!! Sectarianism is fast disappearing whereas a young lad in the North used to be told "You're a Catholic you support Celtic" nobody is really bothering with that nonsense anymore which will further hurt Celtic's fanbase and their "Irishness".

There are less fans be a use we are shit, that is why there are less fans. If we were fighting out close title battles with the huns every year and holding our own against the best in Europe do you think those attendances would have dropped? Not a chance.

The decline in attendances with Celtic is solely down to investment decisions at boardroom level. Celtic get embarrassed in Europe and stumble along with a shit squad in a one horse race domestic league at the current time. They are the reasons for decline in Celtic attendances.

It's f**k all to do with the Irish connection as the Celtic fans have shown they are not willing to sit at the back of the bus when it comes to attempts to repress the Irish tradition and culture among the fans.

You will also find now that there is significantly less interest in both Man Utd and Liverpool in contrast to their glory years as both teams are now utterly shit.

The Irish are a nation of event junkies, desperate to clamour all over any hint of success no matter how insignificant it is. Just look at the rise of rugby football with the Irish in recent years, an absolutely horrendous game, devoid of skill or excitement who nobody really gave a shit about in Ireland pre 2000. Suddenly Ireland go from utterly shit to mediocre in this minority sport and now the nation is rugby mad despite most never even playing the game and possessing only a primitive understanding of it.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2016, 11:50:52 AM

It would be great to see Aberdeen win the league in the same way it would be great to see Leicester win the English League,or someone other than Kilkenny win the All Ireland,everyone loves an underdog...comprende??

Does it really mean that much to you that you have to see Celtic win it every f**king year. Does it not get to the stage where it just becomes a meh moment that they won it again?
I'm not trying to wind anyone up but I think most football fans would agree it would be nice to see someone different win for a change.

Would you support other countries playing Ireland?

laoislad

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 04, 2016, 11:52:18 AM

What the fcuk has that to do with anything?

thebigfella

Are they not called Rangers fans?

thebigfella

Do you support Britain in other sports or is it just a British football team?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2016, 11:53:50 AM

What the fcuk has that to do with anything?

Celtic are a club steeped in Irish culture and tradition. Celtic are a de facto Irish club plying their trade in Scotland.

Aberdeen are not.

illdecide

Of course it does...I'm a Celtic fan and have been for 30 odd years, i never want to see them beat no matter the competition or the opposition. That's a silly question to ask someone about the team they support. I know i get wound up easy but hey thats the way it goes
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

STREET FIGHTER

What did you make of Kazim Richards contribution when he came on?

illdecide

You lot can bring politics into the sport but i support Celtic for football reasons and always have done, i genuinely can see where outsiders look in and see a bunch of drunken gob shites falling over their tricolours singing sectarian songs but remember that's a small minority and i'm sure all teams have their ass-holes following them too
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on February 04, 2016, 12:03:08 PM

He did well. It was a pity that the quality of crosses from the wing averaged 3 out of 10.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Orior on February 04, 2016, 12:10:18 PM

He did well. It was a pity that the quality of crosses from the wing averaged 3 out of 10.

Looks fairly strong...could prove a handful.....

laoislad

Is he Irish.... ;)

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2016, 12:17:18 PM
Is he Irish.... ;)

Cascarino or Aldridge Irish lol?

AZOffaly