Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

JPGJOHNNYG

Somebody else wouldnt do any worse. For a start he keeps picking Ambrose who costs Celtic game after game with his mistakes. Why does he persist with him after years wnd years of absolute clangers. If there is no money then give youth a chance. Celtic although light years from prem league teams are still an attractive option for young irish and scots players. If you have potential will you sign for celtic hamilton portadown or longford let me think ....

ashman

Be honest boys.  The whole thing is a bit pointless minus Rangers.

Applesisapples

Awful result. Team selection was woeful. with the exception of Griffiths and Tierney there was no passion. Scott Brown was only interested in acting the hardman. No leadership on our off the field. At this rate Aberdeen will win the league.

laoislad

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 04, 2016, 09:36:28 AM
Awful result. Team selection was woeful. with the exception of Griffiths and Tierney there was no passion. Scott Brown was only interested in acting the hardman. No leadership on our off the field. At this rate Aberdeen will win the league.
That's all Scott Brown has ever done imo. Dreadful player.
Wouldn't be just wonderful if Aberdeen did win it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

illdecide

Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2016, 09:42:40 AM

Why would that be wonderful? are you an Aberdeen supporter? What connections do you have with them? This sickens my hole TBH as the portion of Ireland that supports Celtic the rest want to see them beat. You don't support any other team in that Country and Celtic having the Irish connections you'd rather see Rangers/Aberdeen or any other team for that matter win the title...and if you've no interest in Celtic (look at the title of the thread) why come in and try to wind people up (we've already got Fearon for that)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

When I had the privilege of spending a day at Lennoxtown 2 years ago I got a feel for the frustration of the youth a academy staff who felt they were producing good young players who would never get a chance at first team level.Sadly that's the case when you aspire to qualify for the  Champions League.You cannot afford to gamble with youth.

Celtic still top the league and are in the Scottish Cup and you even wonder if some of these defeats are engineered to keep interest and bums on seats at Celtic Park.

Either way Ronny's going nowhere,except he fails to win the title.

Longshanks

Quote from: illdecide on February 04, 2016, 10:02:18 AM

Why would that be wonderful? are you an Aberdeen supporter? What connections do you have with them? This sickens my hole TBH as the portion of Ireland that supports Celtic the rest want to see them beat. You don't support any other team in that Country and Celtic having the Irish connections you'd rather see Rangers/Aberdeen or any other team for that matter win the title...and if you've no interest in Celtic (look at the title of the thread) why come in and try to wind people up (we've already got Fearon for that)

illdecide I think in regards to Aberdeen winning the title people might want it because it might bring about change at celtic and make them see they cant sit on their arse and do nothing, celtic have really fell away and in regards to youth development Tony they should have been using the years Rangers were out of the league to promote youth through the system but that didn't happen either now they are to scared to.
I think Delia has to go and bring in a young hungry manager who has a bit of tactical sense, problem is wages for managers in the championship probably beat what celtic pay these days.

screenexile

The Irish Connection thing is resigned to history . . . what exactly is the Irish connection to the Club now? There are more Englishmen on the team than Irish players.

What I see now is a virtual monopoly on the Scottish Premier League and why wouldn't anyone want to see someone new come in and break the mould. Celtic supporters should be looking for it too as the lack of genuine competition has seen the board try and maintain the club on a shoestring which has led to the decline in quality of manager since Strachan really.

It was said at the time that Celtic couldn't cope with the loss of Rangers and so it has transpired. For the better of football in Scotland overall I think an Aberdeen Premier League victory would be refreshing!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2016, 10:52:36 AM

The Irish Connection thing is resigned to history . . . what exactly is the Irish connection to the Club now? There are more Englishmen on the team than Irish players.

What I see now is a virtual monopoly on the Scottish Premier League and why wouldn't anyone want to see someone new come in and break the mould. Celtic supporters should be looking for it too as the lack of genuine competition has seen the board try and maintain the club on a shoestring which has led to the decline in quality of manager since Strachan really.

It was said at the time that Celtic couldn't cope with the loss of Rangers and so it has transpired. For the better of football in Scotland overall I think an Aberdeen Premier League victory would be refreshing!

If you ever go to a Celtic game you will realise the Irish connection is as strong as ever with the fans.

Football without fans, is nothing.

That is what the great Jock Stein said and the fans of the club certainly seem to identify strongly with their Irish heritage.

ashman

There were 3 irish men on the field last night in Pittordrie.

All were wearing red , funny enough.

screenexile

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 04, 2016, 10:58:39 AM

If you ever go to a Celtic game you will realise the Irish connection is as strong as ever with the fans.

That is what the great Jock Stein said and the fans of the club certainly seem to identify strongly with their Irish heritage.

Celtic's average league attendances from 98-2012 were averaging 58k . . . the average for this season is 44k. The Sectarian element is disappearing and the whole "us and them" thing will be gone within the next 2 generations I would think and then what have we got left?? An average football club with a great history!!

Applesisapples

I could accept Celtic falling to the odd defeat if I thought in general the club is going forward. Unfortunately Delia is a poor man's Brendan Rogers. The Ronnie Roar of last season is quite embarrassing now. They don't play good football.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2016, 11:12:12 AM

Celtic's average league attendances from 98-2012 were averaging 58k . . . the average for this season is 44k. The Sectarian element is disappearing and the whole "us and them" thing will be gone within the next 2 generations I would think and then what have we got left?? An average football club with a great history!!

What's your point?

Your original issue seemed to be Celtic have lost their Irish connection. The culture and connection with Ireland is still as strong as ever with the fans, if you ever watch an away Celtic game, you will hear the away fans quite audibly singing Irish songs for 90 minutes with tricolours everywhere.

Are Celtic shit now? Yes.
Have attendance shrunk since MON left and the board's directive has been to downsize the playing side of the club and line their pockets? Yes.
Have the fans lost any of their Irish identity? Not one iota, that has remained steadfast with the supporters for well over a century now.

What do you consider sectarian about Celtic anyway?

screenexile

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 04, 2016, 11:22:50 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2016, 11:12:12 AM

What's your point?

Your original issue seemed to be Celtic have lost their Irish connection. The culture and connection with Ireland is still as strong as ever with the fans, if you ever watch an away Celtic game, you will hear the away fans quite audibly singing Irish songs for 90 minutes with tricolours everywhere.

Are Celtic shit now? Yes.
Have attendance shrunk since MON left and the board's directive has been to downsize the playing side of the club and line their pockets? Yes.
Have the fans lost any of their Irish identity? Not one iota, that has remained steadfast with the supporters for well over a century now.

What do you consider sectarian about Celtic anyway?

Surely the fact that there are less fans lessens the Irish connection?!

Surely you can't argue that a big whack of Celtic's fans only support Celtic because of the Sectarian rivalry with Rangers and the Irish/British thing!! Sectarianism is fast disappearing whereas a young lad in the North used to be told "You're a Catholic you support Celtic" nobody is really bothering with that nonsense anymore which will further hurt Celtic's fanbase and their "Irishness".

illdecide

Ohh so we have to have Irish men on the pitch to have a link with Ireland, you know as well as i do the link Celtic have with Ireland. their founder, their fans, their past players ;). I know everyone has their team to support and thats their choice but when people come onto the "Celtic Thread" and talk shite trying to wind people up when they've no interest in Celtic or Scottish football in does my tits in. The Celtic fans know better than most how much the team have fallen and how little money there is available, there's nothing can be done short term to improve it
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch