Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

I don't know about you guys but for me which is unacceptable i 'd swear there were guys last night that never tried a leg and that's sure sign they're not playing for manager. James Forrest who i think is a smashing player (just not consistent enough) never touched leather last night. S Johansen was brutal and wasn't taken off, Ciftci looks like he's useless. Armstrong looked really poor, Biton was so poor last night it wasn't funny and he's looking a new contract and the defence is a shambles...the young lad Tierney is the only player that gave us something to smile about (he got caught out a few times but his speed got him out of trouble and was prob down to lack of experience). I think John Collins doesn't know what he's doing if Kennedy is the defensive coach then he's obviously not very good, Deila...i dunno.

I know most of you can say Celtic are shit and this and that but the fact is smaller clubs with less income and resources and tearing Celtic to bits and a regular basis and this should not be happening, Celtic are never going to win Champions League we all know that but there is an opportunity there every year for teams like Celtic to get into group stages and they're way off the mark so they're obviously not buying the right players and are not coached well enough.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

maldini

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2015, 09:33:07 AM
Quote from: maldini on November 06, 2015, 09:29:54 AM
Quote from: annapr on November 05, 2015, 08:33:48 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 05, 2015, 08:31:11 PM
Buy the best players from the rest of the Scottish teams, Stuart Armstrong  Gary Mackey Steven, Nadir Ciftci, Scott Allan. That's alright to dominate the Scottish league.
You could create a team from the best players in the League of Ireland and they would be competitive in the SPL.
Its a shite league and its only holding Celtic back IMO.

What are they supposed to do? As a Scottish club they can't play in any other league.

Swansea doing alright at the moment in the EPL and Cardiff aint a bad team either... your point is?

Celtic have been trying for years to get out of scottish football. It can't happen as the English chairmen will vote against it.

illdecide

Quote from: maldini on November 06, 2015, 11:29:26 AM
Buy the best players from the rest of the Scottish teams, Stuart Armstrong  Gary Mackey Steven, Nadir Ciftci, Scott Allan. That's alright to dominate the Scottish league.
You could create a team from the best players in the League of Ireland and they would be competitive in the SPL.

What are they supposed to do? As a Scottish club they can't play in any other league.

Swansea doing alright at the moment in the EPL and Cardiff aint a bad team either... your point is?

Celtic have been trying for years to get out of scottish football. It can't happen as the English chairmen will vote against it.

It'll happen when SKY say so...FACT.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

maldini

Quote from: illdecide on November 06, 2015, 12:02:12 PM

I've been hearing it for 20 years of Celtic moving to England, or some sort of a European league.
Never going to happen in my opinion.

deiseach

I can see a future where Celtic play in an all-island league. But it will be a future more like the franchise system they have in the States than the current setup. Celtic slotting into the English system like Swansea or Cardiff isn't going to happen.

ashman

Celtic and Rangers will be playing in scottish league in. 20 years .

If they are not it will further reflect the debasing of modern soccer.

From the Bunker

Tough road for Celtic. Each year they have to look at their investment and base it on whether they are in the Champions League, the Europa League or just playing in the Scottish League. This determines the kind of player they buy, and even more so the player they sell. All this decision making has to be done over a short spell of 3/4 weeks. The collapse of Rangers, the lack of interest in the Scottish game from TV has seen this once competitive league drift into a semi pro standard. The Celtic league Rugby model for Clubs would suit Scotland, Ireland Rep, Northern Ireland but not wales!

angermanagement

I used to think that, but there are plenty of other companies willing to take Skys place in England, They don't have the same clout as they used too.

thebigfella

Quote from: angermanagement on November 06, 2015, 03:03:38 PM

I used to think that, but there are plenty of other companies willing to take Skys place in England, They don't have the same clout as they used too.

SKY couldn't give a fcuk about celtic too as they can bring nothing to the table.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thebigfella on November 06, 2015, 03:51:09 PM
Quote from: angermanagement on November 06, 2015, 03:03:38 PM

SKY couldn't give a fcuk about celtic too as they can bring nothing to the table.

They must have bigger gates than Swansea surely?  And Cardiff in the Championship .... I haven't heard one reason as to why Welsh teams play in the English Leagues and the Scottish teams don't
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

deiseach

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2015, 04:51:32 PM
And Cardiff in the Championship .... I haven't heard one reason as to why Welsh teams play in the English Leagues and the Scottish teams don't

Because Scotland has had a league since 1890 while Wales has only had one since 1992. Wrexham and Newport also play in the English leagues, there's a robust history of it.

I'm sure Sky would be interested in 'Celtic'. It's the teams that Celtic play that don't interest them. Even a mediocre Championship rival for Cardiff will give Sky more eyeballs than Aberdeen or Hearts. And no, bringing back Rangers wouldn't change that dynamic by much.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: deiseach on November 06, 2015, 05:10:49 PM
And Cardiff in the Championship .... I haven't heard one reason as to why Welsh teams play in the English Leagues and the Scottish teams don't

Because Scotland has had a league since 1890 while Wales has only had one since 1992. Wrexham and Newport also play in the English leagues, there's a robust history of it.

I'm sure Sky would be interested in 'Celtic'. It's the teams that Celtic play that don't interest them. Even a mediocre Championship rival for Cardiff will give Sky more eyeballs than Aberdeen or Hearts. And no, bringing back Rangers wouldn't change that dynamic by much.

So that's cast in stone? its down to having a league longer than another? So  ye must never be allowed to enter? That smells of bullshit surely? That's like saying the Irish league in the North has been going since feck I don't know same as the Scottish and the league of Ireland has been going since similar time so say oh I don't know Derry city for instance can't play in the League of Ireland? .. oh wait  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ashman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2015, 05:57:59 PM

So that's cast in stone? its down to having a league longer than another? So  ye must never be allowed to enter? That smells of bullshit surely? That's like saying the Irish league in the North has been going since feck I don't know same as the Scottish and the league of Ireland has been going since similar time so say oh I don't know Derry city for instance can't play in the League of Ireland? .. oh wait  ;D

Celtic are doing well in Scotland . Why would they want to leave.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ashman on November 06, 2015, 06:05:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2015, 05:57:59 PM

Celtic are doing well in Scotland . Why would they want to leave.

Doing well in Scotland? Not difficult and the main reason why they don't attract decent players... Well if they are happy and the fans are happy (though on this thread lately its not the case) sure its all good..... My cousin who is over for every game and wouldn't have a bad word said against them is starting to get very annoyed lately .... he said the best thing about the game during the week was the Pizza at Pizza hut I said they must have been really crap as Pizza hut is stinking

ashman

Mill town

Fair enough but soccer should not be restructured to suit Celtic ( and Rangers).