Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

StGallsGAA

You cannot put the abject performances in Europe down to the standard of the SPL or the quality of the players. The teams who have beaten Celtic play in similar leagues.  Delia has to take full responsibility.  He has been unable to make Celtic hard to beat.  Every team is built from the back and Celtic have possibly the worst defensive set-up in the clubs history.  Delia was a cheap experiment that has failed.   The times Celtic have spent 2nd or 3rd in the SPL are testimony to that.  Literally ANY Irish league or League of Ireland manager could have landed the title with Celtic since Rangers disappeared.   

Celtic board's 5 year plan when Rangers went to D3 should have been steady improvement over the 5 years, so that when Rangers returned, Celtic would have been so far in front that it would have taken another 5 years for Rangers to catch up.  Instead Celtic went slowly backwards for 4 years and now are barely, if at all, better than the new Rangers who will return next season. Utterly shambolic state of affairs. 

Unless Delia is replaced very quickly with a proven manager, Celtic can kiss goodbye to any chance of 10-in-row!

T Fearon

Who would take the job? Lennon could take no more and left.Ronny was originally to be his Assistant.

StGallsGAA

I'm sure there are Championship managers who would jump at the chance.  Delia is nowhere English Championship standard.

laoislad

Quote from: StGallsGAA on November 05, 2015, 09:19:33 PM
I'm sure there are Championship managers who would jump at the chance.  Delia is nowhere English Championship standard.
Neither are Celtic.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thebigfella

Quote from: laoislad on November 05, 2015, 09:25:32 PM
Neither are Celtic.

Ah now would you wise up, they are a mid table Premiership club.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thebigfella on November 05, 2015, 10:05:08 PM
Neither are Celtic.

At the minute do you really think that??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

thebigfella

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2015, 10:23:15 PM
Neither are Celtic.

At the minute do you really think that??

Absolutely.... Look at the quality they have in the squad

Main Street

Neither are Celtic.

Atm Celtic would be about championship standard,  but it wouldn't take that much to improve on that standard and beat teams like Rubin Kazan and Sion.

SHEEDY

Neither are Celtic.

teams that will finish mid table in the premiership like Southampton, west ham, Swansea, Everton, Leicester or even chesea would rip Celtic a new one at the minute.
nil satis nisi optimum

reddgnhand

Quote from: StGallsGAA on November 05, 2015, 08:55:40 PM
You cannot put the abject performances in Europe down to the standard of the SPL or the quality of the players. The teams who have beaten Celtic play in similar leagues.  Delia has to take full responsibility.  He has been unable to make Celtic hard to beat.  Every team is built from the back and Celtic have possibly the worst defensive set-up in the clubs history.  Delia was a cheap experiment that has failed.   The times Celtic have spent 2nd or 3rd in the SPL are testimony to that.  Literally ANY Irish league or League of Ireland manager could have landed the title with Celtic since Rangers disappeared.   

Celtic board's 5 year plan when Rangers went to D3 should have been steady improvement over the 5 years, so that when Rangers returned, Celtic would have been so far in front that it would have taken another 5 years for Rangers to catch up.  Instead Celtic went slowly backwards for 4 years and now are barely, if at all, better than the new Rangers who will return next season. Utterly shambolic state of affairs. 

Unless Delia is replaced very quickly with a proven manager, Celtic can kiss goodbye to any chance of 10-in-row!

You are way off the mark with this. Have you been watching what is going on at Ibrox. They have just posted a massive loss and have stated that they don't have the money to finish the season unless they obtain loans from current directors. Dave King is taking this new club to the brink just like the previous club in which he was a director.Unless some billionaire comes in and is willing to lose millions I can't see this new club ever competing with Celtic.

ONeill

On a side note, Rangers are in deadly form the year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

reddgnhand

Quote from: ONeill on November 05, 2015, 11:37:02 PM
On a side note, Rangers are in deadly form the year.

They are starting to wobble a bit. Teams are catching on to their style. If they get a few injuries or if their loanees return to their clubs they could find themselves in bother. They have no money to buy anyone either.

maldini

Quote from: annapr on November 05, 2015, 08:33:48 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 05, 2015, 08:31:11 PM
Buy the best players from the rest of the Scottish teams, Stuart Armstrong  Gary Mackey Steven, Nadir Ciftci, Scott Allan. That's alright to dominate the Scottish league.
You could create a team from the best players in the League of Ireland and they would be competitive in the SPL.
Its a shite league and its only holding Celtic back IMO.

What are they supposed to do? As a Scottish club they can't play in any other league.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: maldini on November 06, 2015, 09:29:54 AM
Quote from: annapr on November 05, 2015, 08:33:48 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 05, 2015, 08:31:11 PM
Buy the best players from the rest of the Scottish teams, Stuart Armstrong  Gary Mackey Steven, Nadir Ciftci, Scott Allan. That's alright to dominate the Scottish league.
You could create a team from the best players in the League of Ireland and they would be competitive in the SPL.
Its a shite league and its only holding Celtic back IMO.

What are they supposed to do? As a Scottish club they can't play in any other league.

Swansea doing alright at the moment in the EPL and Cardiff aint a bad team either... your point is?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea