Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

general_lee

Good luck to him. Big victor not happy down south wonder would he come back?

ashman

Quote from: illdecide on September 01, 2015, 03:33:32 PM
Big Virgil gone for 11.5m. Good money all the same but prob the only quality player we had...

Who is this "we" ?????

illdecide

Quote from: ashman on September 01, 2015, 09:06:24 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 01, 2015, 03:33:32 PM
Big Virgil gone for 11.5m. Good money all the same but prob the only quality player we had...

Who is this "we" ?????

Ohh 9th post on the board and you're a smart arse. V good.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

StGallsGAA

Blackett is a good player and whilst I know nothing of Simunovic,  Croatian defenders generally will go through you rather than around,  so looking forward to seeing how he handles the tough UEFA cup games.    Although being drawn  in a tough group the experience of playing against Ajax and Fererbahce is as good as the experience of a CL group, but sadly minus the £15mill!!

illdecide

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 01, 2015, 11:48:59 PM
Blackett is a good player and whilst I know nothing of Simunovic,  Croatian defenders generally will go through you rather than around,  so looking forward to seeing how he handles the tough UEFA cup games.    Although being drawn  in a tough group the experience of playing against Ajax and Fererbahce is as good as the experience of a CL group, but sadly minus the £15mill!!

Would agree with that. I liked Virgil as he had pace, could play the ball out of defence well and was a mountain of a man. Of course he wasn't flawless either but 11.5 was good money for him. Simunovic hopefully is a good replacement and Blackett should displace either Mulgrew or Izaguirre. If Lustig can stay fit then the defence should be grand. A marquee forward would have been nice all the same...its been a while from Henrik...

themac_23

Quote from: illdecide on September 02, 2015, 09:00:09 AM

Would agree with that. I liked Virgil as he had pace, could play the ball out of defence well and was a mountain of a man. Of course he wasn't flawless either but 11.5 was good money for him. Simunovic hopefully is a good replacement and Blackett should displace either Mulgrew or Izaguirre. If Lustig can stay fit then the defence should be grand. A marquee forward would have been nice all the same...its been a while from Henrik...

I actually like the lad Janko at RB skill and pace to burn, haven't seen him defensively much but time will tell, TBH i think Virgil was getting complacent and thats why we've started leaking goals, no doubt he is a class act but was time for a new challenge, i think players of his calibre 2 years is best we can get with motivation etc, hopefully Simunovic will be the same, 2 good years and sell him on. A marquee forward is still out there and free... Berbatov.... can still be signed because he's unattached, 34 could be another Lubo, would get supporters back and add a bit of excitement. Wages could be a problem but is it as big a problem as the fans who are voting with their feet and not going to games? need something and Berbatov could be it.

illdecide

Quote from: themac_23 on September 02, 2015, 10:50:12 AM

I actually like the lad Janko at RB skill and pace to burn, haven't seen him defensively much but time will tell, TBH i think Virgil was getting complacent and thats why we've started leaking goals, no doubt he is a class act but was time for a new challenge, i think players of his calibre 2 years is best we can get with motivation etc, hopefully Simunovic will be the same, 2 good years and sell him on. A marquee forward is still out there and free... Berbatov.... can still be signed because he's unattached, 34 could be another Lubo, would get supporters back and add a bit of excitement. Wages could be a problem but is it as big a problem as the fans who are voting with their feet and not going to games? need something and Berbatov could be it.

Not any more...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34127265

themac_23

Quote from: illdecide on September 02, 2015, 12:18:15 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on September 02, 2015, 10:50:12 AM

Not any more...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34127265

Spoke too soon, lol but something tells me we could have rivalled a club like PAOK to that signing.

Main Street

I see football fans in many German clubs are unveiling "Refugee Welcome" banners, following the lead from Hamburg's  St Pauli

Always way ahead of their time, it's pertinent  to remark that the Green Brigade were the first fans to unveil the "Refugee Welcome" banner (made by immigrants) way back in 2007 and true to their form  they produced a quality banner.

MoChara

Celtic write letter to fans 'reminding them to wash'
Celtic write letter to fans 'reminding them to wash'
Celtic have written to fans after complaints about excessive body odour at a match

16 September, 2015 15:31
Celtic have confirmed they wrote a letter to their fans reminding them to wash before a game.

The intervention came after supporters complained about a fan with excessive body odour.

Season ticket holders in the main stand at Parkhead - where the smell was originally reported - received the letter from club officials.

Celtic's supporter liaison officer, John Paul Taylor wrote on Twitter: "I can exclusively reveal its genuine, dispatched at the request of incumbents within the locale."

His tweet has since been deleted.

16 September, 2015 15:31

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/footballsoccer/2015/09/16/news/celtic-write-letter-to-fans-reminding-them-to-wash--263988/?param=ds12rif76F

Bingo

Its like something the Waterford Whispers would come up with.

Away supporters at Parkhead are going to get some mileage out of this.

What a club!

NAG1

Quote from: Bingo on September 17, 2015, 12:10:53 PM

What a club!

Think this is one of the more ridiculous things I have ever seen, could the club not have handled this in a more PR friendly way?
Absolutely ridiculous.

illdecide

You couldn't make that up. As you say the away fans will have a field day :o

as for tonight's game and i hope i'm wrong but the Bookies giving 5/6 on ajax at home to Celtic is unreal. I would have thought they'd be about 2/5. Maybe Ajax have fell by the wayside...Dunno but it seems awful high odds all the same.

Orior

Quote from: NAG1 on September 17, 2015, 12:16:21 PM
Quote from: Bingo on September 17, 2015, 12:10:53 PM

What a club!

Think this is one of the more ridiculous things I have ever seen, could the club not have handled this in a more PR friendly way?
Absolutely ridiculous.

This stinks.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Aaron Boone

Quote from: illdecide on September 17, 2015, 12:54:46 PM
You couldn't make that up. As you say the away fans will have a field day :o

as for tonight's game and i hope i'm wrong but the Bookies giving 5/6 on ajax at home to Celtic is unreal. I would have thought they'd be about 2/5. Maybe Ajax have fell by the wayside...Dunno but it seems awful high odds all the same.
Ajax are top of the Dutch League. I'd be surprised if they don't beat Celtic tonight.