Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Aaron Boone

Home to Kilmarnock on Sunday. Could be 5-0 or 0-1 you just don't know under Ronnie.

Main Street

It remains to be seen what Ronny can manage with this intrepid bunch, however Gordon's quality alone is not influential enough to win 7 points in the EL.
Ronny may be ineffectual or he may be doing something wonderful, we don't know yet.
From a peak a while back, 5 first team players have departed, the dashing Forrest is crippled with sciatica and has a squad nr 49, Brown is still in recovery, Mulgrew looks like he has to learn to walk and Ambrose is residing full time in a dark place. All that has to taken in some context when appreciating  how the manager is doing.

bannside

Been a massive Celtic fan (and Celtic only) since the late sixties and it's hard to watch the current stock when you have watched previous vintages. I accept the goalposts have changed massively but it dosent make it easier.

Martin O Neill crafted a team that you wouldn't mind putting out against the best in Europe, but hey, the current boards policy of just doing enough to win SPA is hard to take.

Financial prudence is great but when you scrape home 1-0 against Partick or St Mirren it really makes you wonder what the Lions might have done on a similar (equivalent) Scottish budget.

lynchbhoy

While I think there is talent in the squad and that they are playing below par...
They are on 7 points and atop the Europa league group
- so......?

Will they end up there?
I don't think so but you can't whinge about Europa this far given their position!!
No matter how rubbish it looks like they are playing!

T Fearon

Anyone else heading to the AGM in November? I'm expecting sparks to fly as it can get heated enough when the Scottish League and Cup trophies are present and a champions league campaign is in progress

ned

If it hadn't been for Gordon we would have lost on Thu night?! Gordon did his job no more no less. He made three saves not exactly backs to the wall stuff. If Sceopvic had been on better form we would have won comfortably. Wasn't a great performance but three points were won. The doubts are there about Deila but I am prepared to give him a bit more time.

Bannside, if you are finding this hard to watch I take it you slept through the late 80's- early 90's, Strachan's last season and Mowbary's debacle. Not great so far but getting there I think.

Main Street

Gordon is a very good goalie, however those few good saves he made would be expected from a decent standard goalie.
It was the low brow performance from the rest of the players that propelled Gordon into world class territory by comparison.

illdecide

If we didn't have him? but we do!!! and that's his job FFS. He's only doing what he was brought in to do and that's to stop the opposition scoring.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Captain Obvious

Drew Rangers in the league cup that should spark up some interest here.

lynchbhoy

The rangers tribute group you mean !!
:)

Denn Forever

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 01, 2014, 07:22:54 PM
Drew Rangers in the league cup that should spark up some interest here.

Kinda like Arsenal vs Blackpool.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ned

As someone said on another forum 'Get them, play them, beat them, get back to ignoring them.' Would be happy if whatever incarnation they are of that old mob died permanently!

T Fearon

God help Ronny if Rangers should beat Celtic!

charlieTully

Jesus Tony don't scud us. Guidetti is looking good nine goals scored. Looking like he will be signed in Jan. 

T Fearon

Was at the AGM on Friday.Very interesting.Peter Lawwell is confident there'll be  European regional leagues in the not too distant future,and the club are keen to sign Guidetti permanently and extend Commons contract,adding to the timely announcement ahead of the meeting that a Brown is tied up to 2018 (though if a £10m cheque appeared in the meantime I assume a hand would be snapped off!).

Lawwell explained that Scottish Premier League winners get £1.8m while relegated English Premiership clubs get £65m.
Also said that if Celtic had access to English Premiership money they'd exceed Barcelona Real Madrid etc in terms of global appeal and magnitude