Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Only hope they make it to the latter stages with the likes of Everton,Naopli,Inter and the likes of Champions League drop outs like Arsenal and Liverpool,so that Parkhead hosts one or two big European nights this season

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on August 29, 2014, 04:28:12 PM
Only hope they make it to the latter stages with the likes of Everton,Naopli,Inter and the likes of Champions League drop outs like Arsenal and Liverpool,so that Parkhead hosts one or two big European nights this season

Can delete that Poll at the top of the page now  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

charlieTully

I have no love for Liverpool but their European pedigree is seriously impressive. As for arsenal pure pish.

clarshack

Another shocking display. Dundee were better team and should have won. Its becoming clear the manager is out of his depth.

deiseach

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 29, 2014, 04:40:59 PM

Can delete that Poll at the top of the page now  ;)

I'd guess Gaoth Dobhair Abu has better things to be doing with their evening.

Apparently so

Poor week. Very poor week but I still like the idea's Deila has for playing football although I had the same feeling with Mowbray

The board and Peter Lawell are a f**king disgrace though. They think all us fans are stupid and they can take the piss. Big changes are needed are the top. It was obvious against Legia we needed a striker. We got another chance and they still never invested for the Maribor games. Its going to be an interesting season but if Deila is given proper financial backing, I think he can make his mark at Celtic and have us firing on all cylinders come next season. This season will be a tough watch though

Decent Europa group also. Hopefully get myself get to the game in Salzburg and maybe Zagreb. Hopefully qualify from that group but all teams are of equal standard

T Fearon

Lawwell had a major interview yesterday and explained the strategy quite reasonably.While the money is in place to make a few big money signings,it is the wages these would demand that are potentially unsustainable and would upset current players as they would be much higher than they earn.Also pointed out the reckless financial strategies which have left Rangers,Hearts and Hibs outside the SPL currently.

Can't really argue with anything he says

tyroneman

Quote from: T Fearon on August 31, 2014, 09:26:54 PM
Lawwell had a major interview yesterday and explained the strategy quite reasonably.While the money is in place to make a few big money signings,it is the wages these would demand that are potentially unsustainable and would upset current players as they would be much higher than they earn.Also pointed out the reckless financial strategies which have left Rangers,Hearts and Hibs outside the SPL currently.

Can't really argue with anything he says

IMHI you can argue with a lot of what he says as his position reverses at will.

First Celtic didn't need Rangers (them going bust would have 'no material effect on Celtic' ...) to be sustainable and indeed flourish financially...Now when humped (twice) out of the CL and his yearly high risk gamble fails he decides Celtic are losing 10mill a year without Rangers and offers this as a smokescreen.

Add this into the guff about 6mill strikers being affordable and Lennon having plenty of money......

The law of diminishing returns was due to bite eventually and truth be told signings like Balde, Pukki etc left us in a hole but Lawells spin is dire.....has no shame in contradicting himself every turn around.

I get the bit where we don't want to end up line Sevco but there has to be some investment in quality.

T Fearon

But do you not agree that a 10m signing would demand at least 50 grand a week and where would that leave the rest of the players like Scott Brown?

trileacman

Quote from: T Fearon on September 01, 2014, 09:04:28 PM
But do you not agree that a 10m signing would demand at least 50 grand a week and where would that leave the rest of the players like Scott Brown?

Still being shite like the rest of them?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

tyroneman

Who's talking about a 10mill signing?? Finnbogason went for around £6-7 mill and I'm sure Sociadad are not paying astronomical wages. .....

Also Scott Brown is getting plenty already. He's an average MF player elevated by the mediocrity around him in the SPL. Not too many hankering after him elsewhere is there......

foxcommander

I see that striker Scepovic has signed for the hoops after turning celtic down yesterday for Sporting Gijon. Yep, that's who you are competing with for signings.

That's one sure fire way to start a good relationship with the fanbase....
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

charlieTully

Quote from: trileacman on September 01, 2014, 10:10:32 PM

Still being shite like the rest of them?

A bit like 3/4 of the Tyrone team?

stibhan

Quote from: foxcommander on September 01, 2014, 10:39:55 PM
I see that striker Scepovic has signed for the hoops after turning celtic down yesterday for Sporting Gijon. Yep, that's who you are competing with for signings.

Actually it was Getafe, a La Liga team. He signed from Gijon.

foxcommander

Quote from: stibhan on September 02, 2014, 02:04:59 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 01, 2014, 10:39:55 PM

Actually it was Getafe, a La Liga team. He signed from Gijon.

Yer right. He's such a nobody it's fairly irrelevant where they got him from or who he turned down.

I pine for the days of marquee signings such as Wayne Biggins, Dion Dublin and Henri Camara.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie