?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Apparently so

Quote from: charlieTully on June 04, 2014, 09:44:41 PM
Quote from: Apparently so on June 04, 2014, 09:24:30 PM
Tony is spot on about Rangers, they are absolute miles away from challenging us. Ffs, they will be lucky to get promoted next season. Celtic need to keep wanting to progress. I like the policy of developing young players and selling on for big profits. It has worked extremely well for the likes of Benfica, Porto and Udinese and its a system we should be looking to fully implement. But the current have no ambition at all. We never take any risks with "big money" signings who have the potential to be sold on for far more. Our current board are holding us back imo. We don't need the huns and I for one certainly don't want them

Have to say, i really miss the derbies with the scum, some cracking games over the years, unreal atmosphere, nothing like it, the European nights are brilliant too of course but no domestic game now has the sort of atmosphere an old firm derby generated, especially at parkhead, better at away games no doubt. its difficult to maintain the same level of interest when the league is over by Feb. The season past was the first time in 14 years i didnt attend a game. (apart from the friendly v liverpool)

Aye, know what ya mean alright. I have to admit I miss the atmosphere from the games as well but my hatred for them is too much to ever want them back near us again. They are absolute scum and a disease on Scottish football

Absolutely agree about Parkhead these days though. The atmosphere is horrible mainly due to over zealous policing and stewarding with the club playing a major part in intimidating fans who want to create an atmosphere. Only went to one home game this season. More of an away day fan these days. Far better atmosphere and craic

lynchbhoy

We will wait and see about how quickly rangers get back up to speed
I think you lads are underestimating their pull in the establishment and how the 'fans' will come out of the woodwork again when they get back into the premier

I agree the board don't have ambition and are holding the club back/down. Maybe a fear of what almost happened only for McCann to save us!
I also wouldn't want an oil magnate to own us - but look at the lower divisions of English leagues and see how many former top tier clubs are in the depths now.
The spl is going down due to lack of money. We will soon not be able to compete with euro teams and if so we lose attractiveness to decent players.

Finally I don't want to see rangers sevco back.
I don't miss them.
The most vile and horrible atmosphere I've ever seen at matches.
Beats n Ireland v England at wembley in 1979

The atmosphere at Celtic park has been getting worse since the loss of the jungle, though the singing was still 120 mins and rampant even in 1995. The much maligned green brigade had injected a lot of atmosphere back into cp but policing and over indulgent board look to wipe them out as soon as we are out of Europe each season.

StGallsGAA

Virtual no-risk option for Celtic to take a gamble on a hot shot manager with potential.   They can give him a year or two to try new ideas and systems and even if he doesn't work out still loads of time to bring in an experienced manager to steady the ship before Rangers threaten again.   

There's plenty of Scandinavian talent that could do a job at Celtic and if Delia the new Jo Venglos them maybe a few Lubo Moravcik's rather than Harald Brattbakk's lined up!   

charlieTully

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 04, 2014, 11:07:17 PM
Virtual no-risk option for Celtic to take a gamble on a hot shot manager with potential.   They can give him a year or two to try new ideas and systems and even if he doesn't work out still loads of time to bring in an experienced manager to steady the ship before Rangers threaten again.   

There's plenty of Scandinavian talent that could do a job at Celtic and if Delia the new Jo Venglos them maybe a few Lubo Moravcik's rather than Harald Brattbakk's lined up!     

Hopefully so, northmen southmen comrades all, Dublin Oslo Cork and Donegal.  ;D

StGallsGAA

Forgot to mention a few centre backs like Mjallby would be good to Ronnie!... oh and another Riseth!

deiseach

Sevco are going to go bankrupt. I'd say 'again' but you can't be liquidated twice.

T Fearon

No threat to Celtic domestically in the league for at least 5 seasons which ironically puts added pressure on manager to succeed in Europe and also in the domestic cups (the one area where Lennon's teams disappointed).

Celtic spent big last year on Boeritigger,Balde and Pukki,none of whom have made it.Since signing Hooper they've struggled to buy a successful striker and over rely on Commons.

New manager has a hard task

lynchbhoy

not sure why lennon bought balde - I heard it was for his aeriel prowess - but he isn't great in the air and prefers the ball on the deck - he is 6' 4"

Dirk B is a constant inj prone lad

Pukki not bad

but Celtic have Stokes and Grffiths who are more than good enough in spl and could do well enough in Europe- if the midfield was sorted out

T Fearon

Yeah but the money spent on Boertiger, Balde and Pukki was wasted, which shows how huge a gamble the transfer market is

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on June 05, 2014, 12:34:58 PM
Yeah but the money spent on Boertiger, Balde and Pukki was wasted, which shows how huge a gamble the transfer market is

What happened that teenager that scored the winner against Barca? He tore them apart!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Major fallout with recently departed manager.Lad needs discipline if he's to fulfil his potential

lynchbhoy

well Delia is the new manager.
Hopefully he will get in quickly and get the team going in all facets of play - defence , midfield and attack.
pity he hasn't Sammy to utilise , but if any players are sold, hope there are more lined up to come in.

He is highly rated- which means nothing- but hope he can prove himself.

this appointment reminds me a lot of the Wim Jansen one in 1997 where Wim's wonderful team went on to win the league in 1998.

No one knew much about Wim then and he left after winning the league having fell out with the board over spending money!

best of luck Delia!

AZOffaly

Is this the woman that owns Norwich?

thebigfella

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 06, 2014, 12:44:59 PM
Is this the woman that owns Norwich?

Would probably make me watch Celtic if it was......