?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

reddgnhand

Quote from: Syferus on June 03, 2014, 07:37:01 PM
A cooked chicken could get the job done for Celtic until Rangers get back.

You can't come back from liquidation. The new club have never played in the same league as Celtic.

T Fearon

Lb six low profile months hardly gave him time to antagonise anyone! Good job he's not going to be the next Celtic boss and full marks to him for realising this and making the decision himself

T Fearon

I'm in Glasgow.New Celtic Manager is Norwegian Ronny Delia ex Stromogodset! To be made official soon

charlieTully

Quote from: T Fearon on June 04, 2014, 01:39:58 PM
I'm in Glasgow.New Celtic Manager is Norwegian Ronny Delia ex Stromogodset! To be made official soon

aye it has been on the 12.00 news on radio ulster, you know much about him?

Armaghgeddon

Unless someone is messing about on wiki

His full name is Ronny William Boyne Deila

Apparently so

Christ, this one came out of nowhere. Seems to have done a very good with this Norwegian crowd. That the team Stefan Johansen came from?

Interesting

T Fearon

Won league with Stromogodset last season,38 years old, reputation for working within budgets. Only over for day on Stenaline £10 special! Went out to see new Celtic Way, and an ould fella coming out of Superstore told me the news!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on June 04, 2014, 02:35:02 PM
Won league with Stromogodset last season,38 years old, reputation for working within budgets. Only over for day on Stenaline £10 special! Went out to see new Celtic Way, and an ould fella coming out of Superstore told me the news!
you or Ronny?

lynchbhoy

Tony, Keane was there long enough to get into hassle and a strop.

he would have had a huge strop at the lack of money to do the job- hence he didn't take the gig.

The new guy might be ok, but if true, shows the real lack of money behind the position right now.

we need to get into epl or the lack of money will end up being the end of the clubs competitiveness in Europe.

we see poor enough English sides doing ok after spending/squandering millions and millions - and these sides are not in the same status as clubs as Celtic.
but money talks and Celtic will suffer by not getting into epl, even if they had to buy a lower league club and start in div 3 !!

foxcommander

The way the celtic board see it, winning the league and keeping ahead of rangers is all they need to do. A new manager with oodles of cash who fails in the CL is a waste of shareholders money.

when rangers (new zombie club) gets back into the top division then they'll try do just enough to keep in front of them.

Why buy a bird caviar when she'll settle for a bag of chips and you get the same result at the end of the night?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

T Fearon

Rangers are at least ten years away from challenging Celtic, so the imperative is not to stay ahead of them, (they are irrelevant) but to at least reach the Group Stages of Champions League every season.

Deila has what Keane hasnt, a track record of success while playing attractive football.From what I heard in Glasgow today Lennon has had a key role in his selection

lynchbhoy

I hope no one at Celtic underestimates the challenge from the Huns like you do tony!
I know they aren't nice and no one likes them , but be realistic!

Lennon was a decent manager, no more than that - how could he be anything more in his first managerial role!
He didn't dominate domestically and was often tactically beaten- so if he had a hand in selecting the new manager I'd be a tad worried?

How often did you see stromstet play?
Or are you hearing they played nice football.
The style under Lennon was mostly sihte by the way!
But I'm not for all out headless chicken type attack like Liverpool last season and getting caught too easily when the pressure was on - Celtic used to be like that and it's rubbish!

I'm behind whoever gets the managers job.
I hope Desmond is looking to get a Celtic b team into English lower leagues...

T Fearon

Im not sure about Celtic in England.Millions dont help the likes of Southampton etc and the title is dominated by oil barons fundinb teams.I would not want to see Celtic being owned by a non Scots or Irish person.

Apparently so

Tony is spot on about Rangers, they are absolute miles away from challenging us. Ffs, they will be lucky to get promoted next season. Celtic need to keep wanting to progress. I like the policy of developing young players and selling on for big profits. It has worked extremely well for the likes of Benfica, Porto and Udinese and its a system we should be looking to fully implement. But the current have no ambition at all. We never take any risks with "big money" signings who have the potential to be sold on for far more. Our current board are holding us back imo. We don't need the huns and I for one certainly don't want them

charlieTully

Quote from: Apparently so on June 04, 2014, 09:24:30 PM
Tony is spot on about Rangers, they are absolute miles away from challenging us. Ffs, they will be lucky to get promoted next season. Celtic need to keep wanting to progress. I like the policy of developing young players and selling on for big profits. It has worked extremely well for the likes of Benfica, Porto and Udinese and its a system we should be looking to fully implement. But the current have no ambition at all. We never take any risks with "big money" signings who have the potential to be sold on for far more. Our current board are holding us back imo. We don't need the huns and I for one certainly don't want them

Have to say, i really miss the derbies with the scum, some cracking games over the years, unreal atmosphere, nothing like it, the European nights are brilliant too of course but no domestic game now has the sort of atmosphere an old firm derby generated, especially at parkhead, better at away games no doubt. its difficult to maintain the same level of interest when the league is over by Feb. The season past was the first time in 14 years i didnt attend a game. (apart from the friendly v liverpool)