62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Milltown Row2

Quote from: charlieTully on May 30, 2014, 11:35:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2014, 11:27:26 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 30, 2014, 11:00:39 PM
Desmond personally bankrolled Keane 's salary when he played for Celtic, he still has the ear of O'Neill and I gather he was instrumental in pairing O'Neill and Keane together as Irish team managers.

He obviously believes Keane 's name will sell season tickets and perhaps attract players to Celtic Park,I can see no other reason for this

So you think he'll be a failure?

go away milltown.

Where?

I'm slightly more interested as I'm a fan (ish) of Keane. He may not be a good manager but I've always like his attitude in terms of putting your body on the line to win games. He may have a stubborn attitude and has made silly mistakes that I'm sure in reflection he regrets.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

How will he tolerate living in the Glasgow goldfish bowl, never mind the demands of the job itself? Not very well if his past record is anything to go by.

ardtole

I see in todays irish news thst Kris Commons and his partner, took the family of wee oscar knox on holiday with them on their family holiday. What a wonderful gesture. It brightened my day reading that.

Main Street

A bullet dodged there, as Keano wraps himself in the triclolour.

bennydorano

Is he not in talks with Villa to be Lambert's assistant? No fleg wrapping there!

Clarke would be an excellent option as manager.  As long as it's not Owen Coyle :-[

Apparently so

Quote from: ardtole on June 03, 2014, 05:30:31 PM
I see in todays irish news thst Kris Commons and his partner, took the family of wee oscar knox on holiday with them on their family holiday. What a wonderful gesture. It brightened my day reading that.

Yeah, absolutely brilliant by the Commons. They have been through their own tragedy and have become very close with the Knox family. Lovely stuff reading about it. Commons and his wife have really taken Celtic to heart

Apparently so

Anyway, I was hoping that Celtic would have gone for a foreign manager this time round but its looking very unlikely. Would be quite happy with Steve Clarke tbf, had West Brom playing some nice stuff and good football has been badly lacking at Celtic since Lenny's first season

Now that p***k Keane has ruled himself out, I'll be pleased with anyone, apart from Owen Coyle. It will probably be Owen Coyle though, he's the cheap option and will slot in as another yes man for the club

f**k that

Syferus

A cooked chicken could get the job done for Celtic until Rangers get back.

Apparently so

If a cooked chicken can get us into the Champions League groups, then fair play. Must be good chickens in your part of the world

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on June 03, 2014, 07:37:01 PM

How about an uncooked one?

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 03, 2014, 08:30:41 PM

Last 16 of the CL at minimum. Fergie's a little long in the tooth, though.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on June 03, 2014, 08:32:54 PM

Last 16 of the CL at minimum. Fergie's a little long in the tooth, though.

I was talking about the one flapping his wings!

foxcommander

More like a turkey
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Main Street

Quote from: bennydorano on June 03, 2014, 06:31:24 PM
Is he not in talks with Villa to be Lambert's assistant? No fleg wrapping there!

Clarke would be an excellent option as manager.  As long as it's not Owen Coyle :-[
Of course it's flag wrapping, he won't give up the Ireland job  to run Celtic, but can take some other menial job  that will allow him to continue in the prestigious Irish job. Roy has sacrificed the job of his dreams in order to continue in the Ireland job.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on May 31, 2014, 12:12:55 PM
How will he tolerate living in the Glasgow goldfish bowl, never mind the demands of the job itself? Not very well if his past record is anything to go by.
It's irrelevant now tony - but your questions on keanes ability to take pressure or glasgows goldfish bowl are way off the mark - he lived there for 4-6 month prev and had no issues!!

Keane would have done ok - but like Lennon I think the lack of funds for players put him off!

Let's hope malky or Clarke get the job!