?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 30, 2014, 03:01:47 PM
Lets be a little real here. Celtic can't afford or attract top class players so how can they attract a top class manager. Keane deserves another chance and could be good for Celtic in terms of the interest he would generate and his pedigree might attract players. Not saying this is a given, but might. Nothing to be lost as even I could win the SPL with Celtic at the moment.
Winning the spl is not the target, that's taken for granted, most everything hinges on CL qualification, group participation prize money and possibly more.
What salary do you think Keane will expect?
He's on Eur700k as an assistant manager for an intl team, has his lucrative pundit job and plenty of spare time to walk the dog. You could get somebody like Steve McClaren for less than Roy would cost.
There are no guarantees that any appointment would work or vice versa.

Milltown Row2

Which of the recent past managers of Celtic had league success in other countries and have any of them won the champions league?

I'm talking managerial success
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Quote from: Main Street on May 30, 2014, 09:18:33 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on May 30, 2014, 03:01:47 PM
Lets be a little real here. Celtic can't afford or attract top class players so how can they attract a top class manager. Keane deserves another chance and could be good for Celtic in terms of the interest he would generate and his pedigree might attract players. Not saying this is a given, but might. Nothing to be lost as even I could win the SPL with Celtic at the moment.
Winning the spl is not the target, that's taken for granted, most everything hinges on CL qualification, group participation prize money and possibly more.
What salary do you think Keane will expect?
He's on Eur700k as an assistant manager for an intl team, has his lucrative pundit job and plenty of spare time to walk the dog. You could get somebody like Steve McClaren for less than Roy would cost.
There are no guarantees that any appointment would work or vice versa.

Keane can't even walk the dog without getting into trouble ffs.

The last thing Celtic needs is another polarizing Irishman at the helm! Fergie is available on waivers, shoot for the moon and all that!!!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bennydorano

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2014, 09:38:08 PM
Which of the recent past managers of Celtic had league success in other countries and have any of them won the champions league?

Venglos & Jansen would be the only possible ones i can think of, others were uk based for most of their careers. No CL success

T Fearon

Desmond personally bankrolled Keane 's salary when he played for Celtic, he still has the ear of O'Neill and I gather he was instrumental in pairing O'Neill and Keane together as Irish team managers.

He obviously believes Keane 's name will sell season tickets and perhaps attract players to Celtic Park,I can see no other reason for this

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on May 30, 2014, 11:00:39 PM
Desmond personally bankrolled Keane 's salary when he played for Celtic, he still has the ear of O'Neill and I gather he was instrumental in pairing O'Neill and Keane together as Irish team managers.

He obviously believes Keane 's name will sell season tickets and perhaps attract players to Celtic Park,I can see no other reason for this

So you think he'll be a failure?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

charlieTully

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2014, 11:27:26 PM

go away milltown.

laoislad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2014, 11:27:26 PM

It's Roy Keane. It's going to end badly whatever happens in between.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

T Fearon

Not optimistic,except of course this was all part of a plan.Knew Lennon was leaving 6 months ago,pair Keane with O'Neill to get him some tutoring in how to deal with players,check progress with O'Neill who reckons he's learned enough to be let go on his own

lynchbhoy

Mon too

Not many managers have won CL so your question is a bit skewed

Celtic will be hit and miss in CL qualifiers and will continue to trade on their big name to lure players etc until they get into epl

Every manager or 99% of them finish their tenure in a black cloud so Keane will have spl titles and it's a lottery about CL

ONeill

What do Celtic supporters want from a new manager, apart from expecting to win everything?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Just the very fact that Keane's considering to leave his Ireland contract, demonstrates an issue.
It was a way back for him, both with rehabilitation and an education, a chance to learn priceless elements of the trade from some of the old masters. But what comes first is Roy Keane. Even if he stays on as O'Neill's assistant, he has lost the respect that is given to somebody who acts honourably and takes their job choice seriously. I suspect O'Neill was none too enamoured by Keane's attitude..

If there's no announcement by the end of the summer friendlies next week, then you can take it that Celtic are looking elsewhere.

clarshack

I like the idea of Roy keane as Celtic manager.  Don't know what the problem is with other fans?

foxcommander

John Barnes
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

T Fearon

The reason why Keane is a bad choice is his inability to deal with frustration,a prerequisite of a Celtic manager, having to sell your best players every summer,and then the demand to qualify for at least the group stages of the Champions League.

If Keane couldnt tolerate roughing it for a few days back in 2002 (relatively speaking) how will he cope with long term frustration that is the lot of a present day Celtic manager