Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Well it certainly has taught me me too, a we Quick PM would have done the trick. I admit i was obviously ignorant in not knowing how to word it...I know that we cub and think the world of him and would never say anything to insult him or any one else who has Down Syndrome :-[.

If i have offended anyone I'm very sorry about it as there was never any offense intended...I certainly can see the disadvantages of these fecking boards and other social media when something is said that shouldn't have been said and the world reads it.

I've read over this post 25 f**king times trying to make sure i haven't caused offense.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

laoislad

No worries illdecide and thanks for the PM you sent me.
No hard feelings from me anyway.

Maybe you have to be in the situation to see why it would be considered an insensitive phrase and also I'll admit maybe I'm a little over sensitive because of being in the situation I am.
My guess it's probably somewhere in the middle.
Either way it's not something any parent would say or would like to hear and that's all I meant when I corrected you.
Happy to forget it now and move on.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trileacman

Quote from: illdecide on May 14, 2014, 11:28:29 AM
Well it certainly has taught me me too, a we Quick PM would have done the trick. I admit i was obviously ignorant in not knowing how to word it...I know that we cub and think the world of him and would never say anything to insult him or any one else who has Down Syndrome :-[.

If i have offended anyone I'm very sorry about it as there was never any offense intended...I certainly can see the disadvantages of these fecking boards and other social media when something is said that shouldn't have been said and the world reads it.

I've read over this post 25 f**king times trying to make sure i haven't caused offense.

I don't think any less of you for saying it, I'd have been just as quick to put my foot in it by wording it the wrong way. It's not often you learn something important on this board but this incident has taught me about talking about someone with DS, I'd never have seen the issue if LL hadn't pointed it out and when you view it from a different perspective it's a reasonable position. Anyway enough about all that, back to talking about soccer.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Applesisapples

I think what this spat teaches us is that comments regarding Downs, sexual orientation, mental illness etc... should be thought out as you do not know the precise circumstances of other board members. I am glad to see that both parties were big enough to shake hands on it albeit digitally. Fair play to you both.

lynchbhoy

Celtic players have a history of sharing big moments with similar spastic/disabled/mentally/physically impaired kids.
I recall after beating rangers 2-0 in a key win on the way to stopping the 10 in a row and winning the league under wim the Tim janeson , Paul lambert went over to a wee lad in a wheelchair that had some kind of ailment ( other than just being wheelchair bound) and gave him his jersey while the rest of the stadium was in raptures.
I'd never really seen that done before, esp in the heat of the moment - and ever since it seems to be a re- occurring thing with Celtic players.

It's fantastic to see them reaching out to these kids and young adults.
Wee jay seems to be well in with the players , as was wee Oscar Knox god rest him- despite the fact he'd Tyrone blood in him.

I will miss samaras. I'd only play him in Europe where he comes alive with the space he gets that suits his game. He was offered a new contract, but it wasn't as much as he wanted.
Best of luck Sammy.

Mickey Linden

Lennon gone. Anyone see this happening?

NAG1

Quote from: Mickey Linden on May 22, 2014, 11:52:41 AM

No, but what is left for him to achieve there?

He is young and ambitious and would probably relish a new challenge anyway.

laoislad

Quote from: NAG1 on May 22, 2014, 11:54:09 AM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on May 22, 2014, 11:52:41 AM

No, but what is left for him to achieve there?

He is young and ambitious and would probably relish a new challenge anyway.
Probably wants to manage a bigger club in a better league..
Maybe someone like Norwich City in the Championship.......?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Muzz

Thought he would have left for another club but didnt see him leaving Celtic without another job.

From early reports the budget for next season seems to be main issue.  I'd throw in there the fact that players will leave in the summer and the club will do little to resist the money on offer.  The departure of Samaras could also have played a part - very different stories from the club and from Samaras with Samaras stating Lennon wanted to keep him but the club didnt.

Where it goes from here god knows!  Malky Mackay or Paulo Di Canio?

general

Orior

Waiting on Tony Fearon for the inside line.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lynchbhoy

Muzz

Moyes? :-)

Larsson is odds on favourite and as we know the bookies dont often get it wrong.  Strange to have him in the running so early.  Cheap choice?

charlieTully

Quote from: Muzz on May 22, 2014, 01:04:15 PM

Larsson is odds on favourite and as we know the bookies dont often get it wrong.  Strange to have him in the running so early.  Cheap choice?

rumours flying aound twitter this last few days that lennon was going and owen coyle was lined up to replace him.

Sidney

Quote from: Muzz on May 22, 2014, 01:04:15 PM

Not like Celtic would ever go for a cheap option.