?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Muzz

Quote from: Estimator on March 27, 2014, 08:13:48 PM
Quote from: Muzz on March 27, 2014, 05:00:37 PM
Much like its a disgrace that Celtic go to Barcelona and are within 2 minutes of beating thPooem and draw or that Barcelona, AC Milan and many other top European teams come to Celtic Park and get beat.

Away home screenexile and post about something you know about.
Why do Celts fans constantly bring up one off results against the top European Clubs at home as a sign of how great the club are? At home since 2001 Celtic have beaten Juventus once (2001), Manchester United once (2006), AC Milan once (2007) and Barcelona once (2013).  Four good sides in 13yrs. Hardly a fantastic record.

It is rather quite simple - winning the SPL you will get detractors saying that Celtic are not up against much, the rest of the league is poor etc.  My response was to a statement made by Screenexile saying that Celtic should win the treble every year and its a failure if they dont.  My examples were given to show that Celtic like any other team (including SPL teams) can get themselves up for a game and outplay a superior opposition. 

I hope that helps you understand why Celts fans 'constantly' bring these teams up.

oakleaf93

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 27, 2014, 09:32:58 PM
It's not Celtics fault that Rangers cheated in their financial dealings and won a couple of leagues. It's not Celtics fault that Rangers are lost in the lower leagues. It's not Celtics fault they are the big fish in a small pond. Anyway, Social divides ruin Scottish football. Cities like Dundee and Edinburgh could be allot stronger if they had one football club. I have a friend from Edinburgh, a Hibs fan. I used to ask him why don't yourselves and Hearts Join up and have a proper Edinburgh team? He replied 'Sure it would be no fun winning something that way'. Hibs have not won anything since 1952! Even sadder is the fact that Hibs fans sing a song about Brian McClair scoring a goal (for Celtic) that denied Hearts a title in the late '80.
Sure why dont Mayo, Ros and Sligo join up to have a proper Connacht team? Not exactly the way things work in the real world

Milltown Row2

Quote from: straightred on March 27, 2014, 11:34:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2014, 10:01:22 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 27, 2014, 09:27:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2014, 08:09:28 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 27, 2014, 06:48:56 PM
Tom English reckons the SPL is doing well without Rangers and Celtic have performed and have had to perform well to win games.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26761719

'There are those who will argue until the cows come home - or, more the point, when Rangers come back - that Celtic's title is devalued because they haven't had to beat much. The truth is that they have beaten improving teams and they have beaten them more impressively than they have before'.

What has been missing since the demise of Rangers, is the pressure on Celtic to win every SPL game and that every 3 points matters, in order to win the title.

So can they not take pressure?

Rangers will not be up to the standard for a long while yet, 7 more years possibly so 10 in a row is there for Celtic to take. But it defo is devalued for sure.

Be like Barca or Real being ousted out of the Spanish league be no pressure on the other team left to get the required points
Why the feck do you care what happens in the SPL, or the value of the titles?;D
Is there really nothing else happening in your life that holds your interest?

You will note that the Celtic points total has exceeded usual SPL title winning standards.
Celtic are still beating the other teams and beating them well.
And the standard of the other teams has risen, according to Tom English, based on his observations.
But what's missing, according to my casual observation of the odd game in the SPL, is that bit of extra compulsion, that Celtic had to win every game because if points were dropped then Rangers were there, to possibly take advantage, or not.
It's not that complicated, is it?
Since when would a guy like you be interested in a 90% value SPL title?

I'll post on any thread here when I see fit, as you can also, I see that Rangers are the most successfull Scottish team in terms of Championships, with Rangers not being in the league it's devalued, full stop

Haven't you heard ? That club went bust or to be technical about it were liquidated. That club has 54 titles although many of them stink to high heaven with the amount of cheating that went on. The latest incarnation, i.e. sevco have a grand total of 0 championships to their name. Rangers may be historically the most successful but they sure as hell aren't the most successful active club

Haven't you heard they are still Rangers and they have championships already to date, two!! So why worry about the ten in a row (which seems to be the main thing at the minute)? Celtic (in your head) will be the most successful Scottish club then in history
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ned

Quote from: Estimator on March 27, 2014, 08:13:48 PM
Quote from: Muzz on March 27, 2014, 05:00:37 PM
Much like its a disgrace that Celtic go to Barcelona and are within 2 minutes of beating thPooem and draw or that Barcelona, AC Milan and many other top European teams come to Celtic Park and get beat.

Away home screenexile and post about something you know about.
Why do Celts fans constantly bring up one off results against the top European Clubs at home as a sign of how great the club are? At home since 2001 Celtic have beaten Juventus once (2001), Manchester United once (2006), AC Milan once (2007) and Barcelona once (2013).  Four good sides in 13yrs. Hardly a fantastic record.

We have also beaten Shaktar Donetsk, Porto, Lyon, Benfica and Ajax among others. In fact our home record is one of the best in the CL. Pity about our away record.
However, if I was a Man Utd fan with the resources available to them I would be very worried about only two CL titles in the past 40+ years. Even Liverpool have managed one without winning the PL. As it is if Celtic make the last 16 that is a good campaign and I feel the QF's are a possibility within the next 5 years.
As for a devalued title?! Is Bayern's German title devalued because they won by so many points? Perhaps the word should be 'expected'. However, every single Championship is cherished by the fans like the last. Sevco's woes are not of our doing just as our woes in the 90's were not Rangers' problem when they were doing 9 in a row.

T Fearon

Great to see young Eoghan O' Connell,cousin of Paul,make his debut against Ross Co yesterday.Perfect opportunity to give the youngsters some game time between now and end of season

Main Street

Tom English reckons the SPL is doing well without Rangers and Celtic have performed and have had to perform well to win games.

'There are those who will argue until the cows come home - or, more the point, when Rangers come back - that Celtic's title is devalued because they haven't had to beat much. The truth is that they have beaten improving teams and they have beaten them more impressively than they have before'.

What has been missing since the demise of Rangers, is the pressure on Celtic to win every SPL game and that every 3 points matters, in order to win the title.

Rangers will not be up to the standard for a long while yet, 7 more years possibly so 10 in a row is there for Celtic to take. But it defo is devalued for sure.

Be like Barca or Real being ousted out of the Spanish league be no pressure on the other team left to get the required points

You will note that the Celtic points total has exceeded usual SPL title winning standards.
And the standard of the other teams has risen, according to Tom English, based on his observations.
But what's missing, according to my casual observation of the odd game in the SPL, is that bit of extra compulsion, that Celtic had to win every game because if points were dropped then Rangers were there, to possibly take advantage, or not.

I'll post on any thread here when I see fit, as you can also, I see that Rangers are the most successfull Scottish team in terms of Championships, with Rangers not being in the league it's devalued, full stop
You couldn't "see fit" in this thread even if you tried as hard as possible, yeah you can post drivel in a thread you have no interest in, about a team you don't care about, in a league you haven't a clue about ;D 
Perhaps in your weird and wonderful world. you have a compulsion to keep  repeating  "Rangers out,  devalued,  full stop"  about the value of an issue you don't care about?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on March 30, 2014, 01:11:51 PM

You couldn't "see fit" in this thread even if you tried as hard as possible, yeah you can post drivel in a thread you have no interest in, about a team you don't care about, in a league you haven't a clue about ;D 
Perhaps in your weird and wonderful world. you have a compulsion to keep  repeating  "Rangers out,  devalued,  full stop"  about the value of an issue you don't care about?

I post on the Liverpool thread also I've no interest other than a bit of a wind up, why would you even respond to my posts? The Scottish league isn't hard to figure out Main Street it ain't Quantum physics ffs. Either Rangers or Celtic win the league job done and there are a lot of bigots that follow these tribal teams.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

charlieTully

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2014, 01:52:41 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 30, 2014, 01:11:51 PM

I post on the Liverpool thread also I've no interest other than a bit of a wind up, why would you even respond to my posts? The Scottish league isn't hard to figure out Main Street it ain't Quantum physics ffs. Either Rangers or Celtic win the league job done and there are a lot of bigots that follow these tribal teams.

you are a complete and utter tube milltown, take the hint and slide on to f**k.

Milltown Row2

Ok wally. Leagues is over. Well done to Celtic the best team in Scotland by a country mile.

c**k

Milltown Row2

Milltown Row2

Apparently so