?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on October 24, 2013, 12:17:31 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200181186167422&set=pcb.10200181190207523&type=1&relevant_count=3&ref=nf

Look who I met while enjoying Celtic V Ajax with hospitality tickets!
nice pic Tone.
yeah hes a great guy. I used to have regular conversations with him about Celtic when he first bought that £10millions worth of shares.
he is a real sports enthusiast. told me at one point 6 months after that , to watch out for real madrid and put a few quid on them winning the CL or euro cup (whatever it was called then) the next season.
At the time real were sihte and barely doing ok in the spanish league, so  thought 'ya know business mr Desmond but you dont know soccer' - not the next year but the year after real did win the CL.
he had been meeting the madrid president at training camps and friendly matches between celtic and real in marbella - who told him of the plans madrid had.

anyhow, a decent man and a massive GAA, soccer, horsey, golf and sports man.

T Fearon

Yes! He obviously doesn't know me though! Told me it was nice to meet me! ;D

illdecide

I'm for Amsterdam next week, are any of you lads going over? meet you for a bun and a pint?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on October 30, 2013, 03:20:15 PM
I'm for Amsterdam next week, are any of you lads going over? meet you for a bun and a pint?
Are you famous enough for Tony? probably he would deem you beneath a space in his photo library. Maybe you're worthy of an entry into the basement folder,  characters he can mingle with, without out having to act the lickspittle.

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on October 30, 2013, 09:27:56 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 30, 2013, 03:20:15 PM
Are you famous enough for Tony? probably he would deem you beneath a space in his photo library. Maybe you're worthy of an entry into the basement folder,  characters he can mingle with, without out having to act the lickspittle.

Ahh Jasus i wouldn't be in Tony's league but I'd hope Tony could get me a ticket as of now i still haven't got one :'(. In saying all that Tony is now into TV so you're probably right he wouldn't have much time for us peasants...

T Fearon

Now now! I'm not averse to being photographed with mere mortals! ;D

Bit dodgy in Amsterdam next week, after the behaviour of the Dutch fans at Celtic Park (I see Celtic have sent Ajax a bill for £25k to cover the damage). If I see any tickets available from Celtic fans on twitter, I'll let you know.

Travel safe and hopefully you will return home with three points and without any STDs! ;D

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on October 31, 2013, 12:59:49 PM
Now now! I'm not averse to being photographed with mere mortals! ;D

Bit dodgy in Amsterdam next week, after the behaviour of the Dutch fans Rangers at Celtic Park (I see Celtic have sent Ajax a bill for £25k to cover the damage). If I see any tickets available from Celtic fans on twitter, I'll let you know.

Travel safe and hopefully you will return home with three points and without any STDs! ;D

Fixed that for you Tony, apparently there we 200-300 Rangers fans at the game and that come from a Ranges fan i know living in Glasgow.

Yes Tony if you hear of a spare ticket give a PM ASAP...cheers

T Fearon

Main Street

A blast from the past  away performance from Celtic, more reminiscent of another era than under Lennon, this year and last.
Though not as bad as those horror away games in the CL  against  Anderlecht, Porto, Copenhagen  etc. but poor enough. They were exposed as being quite ordinary by an average Ajax team who only had to produce one lovely piece of football to win the game. Some players just didn't rise or had an off day , probably an unfit Commons and Samaras was way off. Centre midfield were outrun 3 to 2. Van Dijk alone is worth all other new signings put together. Ambrose was fine as long as you can take your heart being in your mouth, once or twice. Lustig as usual put in an excellent shift.
No question but have to beat Milan with a 90 minute performance.
Maybe by now, some stored negative perceptions of Nakamura are up for revision. There was zero creativity from Celtic midfield in evidence.
Definitely looked more like a 4th seeded team this year, than last year. That's the way it is at this level for Celtic. If a likely 4th place finish is regarded as a big failure, then that's progress of a kind, isn't it?

Applesisapples

Neil Lennon has done a wonderful job at Celtic, however his unswerving loyalty to players like Samaras and Brown will be his undoing. Samaras last night was lazy leaving Emilio exposed time after time. His lack of vision and head down blind running turned over ball time after time he was very obviously not in the mood. So who does Lennon take off...Stokes the only Celtic player that actually looked like he might create something. Samaras is a gamble each time he is picked, you don't know which one is going to turn up but if he's not in the mood he should be subbed, captain or not. I was mightly impressed wit Van Dijk though and Mulgrew tried his heart out. Lustig is proving an excellent signing as well, unfortunately there aren't enough players of the same quality.

naka

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 07, 2013, 10:16:55 AM
Neil Lennon has done a wonderful job at Celtic, however his unswerving loyalty to players like Samaras and Brown will be his undoing. Samaras last night was lazy leaving Emilio exposed time after time. His lack of vision and head down blind running turned over ball time after time he was very obviously not in the mood. So who does Lennon take off...Stokes the only Celtic player that actually looked like he might create something. Samaras is a gamble each time he is picked, you don't know which one is going to turn up but if he's not in the mood he should be subbed, captain or not. I was mightly impressed wit Van Dijk though and Mulgrew tried his heart out. Lustig is proving an excellent signing as well, unfortunately there aren't enough players of the same quality.
thought samaras was awful last night, actually would have hooked him at half time, lustig, van dijk were excellent as was mulgrew,

charlieTully

Stokes looked like he might create something, but apart from the odd assist has created very little in Europe this season. he has scored no goals from ten starts in the champions league, qualifiers and group stages, a return of zero goals. From our main striker, a horrendous stat.

ballinaman

Applesisapples

Quote from: charlieTully on November 07, 2013, 11:11:20 AM

Stokes looked like he might create something, but apart from the odd assist has created very little in Europe this season. he has scored no goals from ten starts in the champions league, qualifiers and group stages, a return of zero goals. From our main striker, a horrendous stat.
Did you ever think it might be the lack of quality around him? Commons looked less than ordinary, Forrest is fast becoming MGeady lite and I've said what I think of Samaras above. Add to this a lack of creativity in midfield. Stokes needs to be getting on the end of things, at the moment the whole weight of creating and finishing seems to rest with him.