Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

T Fearon

Still believe this tie will be turned round at Celtic Park, but without a new and competent  central defender, midfielder and striker, the group stages of the champions league could be embarrassing.

Milltown Row2

Looks like 17 of us were right, that team would have destroyed Liverpool on that showing, Neill should have sent out the Kindergarten team Tony  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Only half time. I will be more than surprised if Shaktar cope with a full house in Glasgow next week, but Celtic do need to score early.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: T Fearon on August 21, 2013, 11:02:04 AM
Only half time. I will be more than surprised if Shaktar cope with a full house in Glasgow next week, but Celtic do need to score early.
Don't see it happening, unfortunately. That team is more than capable of nicking an away goal, which would leave Celtic needing 4.

rrhf

illdecide

Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 21, 2013, 12:33:00 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 21, 2013, 11:02:04 AM
Don't see it happening, unfortunately. That team is more than capable of nicking an away goal, which would leave Celtic needing 4.

Myles my we cub in the house can see the weaknesses in the team and of course other teams are going to exploit it...why wouldn't they. The central defense is a joke and has been for some time now, midfield is ok for workers but have no flair and up front we are now relying on an in consistant forward who turns it on 1 game in 5
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

qubdub

Until Celtic break their wage structure and fork out for a proven striker they'll get nowhere. Selling two of the best players and not replacing them was a mistake but the Celtic board are tooconservative just wish they'd loosen up a little and take a chance with a big name.

EG D.Villa sold for €5m this summer, Kevin Gameiro €7.5m, Joaquin €2.5m, Maicon €3.5m Bruno Alves €5.5m Toulalan €5m.

All the above well affordable for Celtic.

T Fearon

There's also the problem of attracting top players to Scotland, that's why Champions League progress is imperative.

T Fearon

I'll be amazed if Celtic don't turn this tie around. The two goals conceded last night were gifts. Shaktar have no creativity and will be cowed by the atmosphere. However an early Celtic goal is vital and parity in the tie must be restored by half time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on August 21, 2013, 02:38:50 PM
I'll be amazed if Celtic don't turn this tie around. The two goals conceded last night were gifts. Shaktar have no creativity and will be cowed by the atmosphere. However an early Celtic goal is vital and parity in the tie must be restored by half time.

Hmmmmm they won two nil comfortably, Celtic didn't really create a whole lot
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

qubdub

Quote from: T Fearon on August 21, 2013, 02:36:44 PM
There's also the problem of attracting top players to Scotland, that's why Champions League progress is imperative.
Exactly. Along with breaking the wage structures that is what will entice players like those mentioned. Most of them are in the twilight of their careers, Celtic is still a big club to play for, granted Scottish football is down the pan.

As for the home leg, I'd expect Celtic to win but they cannot concede, something I'd be unsure about at the minute.

illdecide

The flip side of the coin is Celtic keep a pay cap on to keep their own house in order and not put themselves in debt like other clubs do/have done, it is tough times for Scottish football with little income to pay these big wages on some of these players mentioned. They go for small fee's but demand massive salaries but i do know we need quality over quantity but quality are looking big money...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on August 21, 2013, 02:05:30 PM
......The central defense is a joke and has been for some time now, midfield is ok for workers but have no flair and up front we are now relying on an in consistant forward who turns it on 1 game in 5
Make your mind up,  the 'experts' on here and celtic fans in general  were pouring scorn on Ambrose and Wilson. The so called CH joke of Ambrose and Wilson have been the CH pairing that brought Celtic into the last 16 and would have been more than adequate to deal with the Kazakhs last night.
For all his faults, Ambrose could have been sleepwalking and made a better fist of the CH duties than any one of that rookie pairing last night. The dropping of Ambrose was instrumental to celtic conceding 2.  I'd rather have Ambrose as a holding or wide midfielder
Samaras isn't an out and out striker, He's okay as a target man up front but needs a striker to play off him. He's not the player for a lone striker role. He's a wide player who roams. So what are you on about Samaras, a player who turns it on 1 in 5?  Let Samaras play his game out wide and generally he delivers.
Commons was about the only one who got marks for effort.
One nil would have been a decent result, 2 nil is very tricky but I have little doubt that Celtic can turn this tie around.
The Kazakhs won't have a clue what effective game they have to play in Glasgow in order to hold onto their advantage. Celtic can wipe the floor with them, just as long as Lennon selects a striker this time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on August 21, 2013, 09:03:11 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 21, 2013, 02:05:30 PM
The Kazakhs won't have a clue what effective game they have to play in Glasgow in order to hold onto their advantage. Celtic can wipe the floor with them, just as long as Lennon selects a striker this time.

This man will do

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 20, 2013, 05:37:36 PM