?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Is the game shown on television tonight in the 6 counties?

lynchbhoy

cant see it being lised on TV tonight.

prob only being shown on Celtic TV

T Fearon

Listened to game on radio.Cliftonvile acquitted themselves very well and indeed should have scored.Great night for both sides,and memories that will live forever among Cliftonville players and fans.

illdecide

You'll struggle to watch the game tonight as i believe the only channel showing the game is Swedish TV...WTF is it about games at Celtic Park...BBC Scotland are showing the return leg next week but why the hell will no-one show the home games.

I'm a bit wary of this game tonight...not to confident tbh.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: illdecide on July 31, 2013, 03:14:46 PM
You'll struggle to watch the game tonight as i believe the only channel showing the game is Swedish TV...WTF is it about games at Celtic Park...BBC Scotland are showing the return leg next week but why the hell will no-one show the home games.

http://webfirstrow.eu/watch/198288/1/watch-celtic-vs-if-elfsborg.html
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

illdecide

Fair enough but what about BBC, ITV, Setanta, Sky, RTE etc i know some of them there might not have the rights to it but surley some of them do have but never show the home games...why?

All of a Sludden

Don't know, I assume it is down to broadcasting rights. I was disappointed no one showed last weeks game v Cliftonville, couldn't even get a link for it, which is rare.

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

No Soloing

I dont know if this is true, but it has been explained to me before that Celtic dont sell the rights to their home CL qualifiers in order to get a bigger attendance at Parkhead. Would it be feasible that they could make more money from a bit of a bigger crowd than they could from selling this one match to tv? I dont know, but it seems to fit the pattern over the last few years - home qualifiers do not tend to be on tv, away ones may be

T Fearon

Rubbish. they didn't sell the rights for the Cliftonville game for that reason, but all the big home games last year were televised, certainly in the Group Stages and the last 16 tie against Juventus.

No Soloing

Quote from: T Fearon on July 31, 2013, 03:38:50 PM
Rubbish. they didn't sell the rights for the Cliftonville game for that reason, but all the big home games last year were televised, certainly in the Group Stages and the last 16 tie against Juventus.

Try reading, Tony. I said they dont sell the rights to qualifiers. Didnt mention groups or last 16 which I am fully aware were televised. You have actually backed up what I have been told re Cliftonville. This was mentioned to me the time Celtic played Dynamo Moscow in the qualifying a few years back.

naka

its true celtic dont sell rights to home qualifier games to get a bigger crowd at the games.
the away game is on bbc
the group stages are sold as part of the block television rights.
is the games on celtic tv cos if so it should be picked up somewhere on the net

deiseach

T Fearon

Oops sorry! No wouldn't make sense to allow ties like Cliftonville to be televised live.Huge gate receipts loss and no tv company would pay premium rates to screen!

Main Street

Not a bad result for Celtic against Elfsborg after a rusty (Samaras apart) pre season performance. This season, in all probability, we will be able to put a closure on Forrest making the grade from very promising  youth to a class player for Celtic, atm there's more class in a weak McGeady cross than anything James can offer.
Hooper and Wanyama leave big shoes unfilled, as of yet.