?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

clarshack

Quote from: The Worker on October 23, 2012, 07:09:02 PM
Disgrace none of them are showing the Celtic game!

definitely! dont have sky sports so am relying on updates.

by the sounds of it - forster and ambrose have been outstanding at the back.

a long 15 mins to go....

clarshack

Captain Obvious

Heartbreak for Celtic. In fairness Barcelona played for the win and got it.

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Main Street

Tough and cruel end after that effort.
Thats the best team I've ever seen Celtic play.

theticklemister

Hardstation I maybe am to blame AGAIN.

This is the first time I have gone into a soccer thread as my da doesnt allow me near them for curiousity to see how they were doing. I went in there when you said there are 4 minutes left to get the score and I said to myself ' shit they r doing well here' and then I checked again there lol

I fear my quote below is correct, something that u have said before.

EC Unique

bennydorano

oakleafgael

Hard luck to Celtic. They were rode though, clear free kick not given just before the goal.

Main Street

The officials did appear to be somewhat 'partial', like letting Victor twiddle his toes waiting to come on for minutes, but that would bring sour grapes into the equation. Pity that Brown has that hip issue which will not get better as he has come into his element this season. Watching Samaras  fall on and twist his ankle like that on the slow motion replay really made me cringe. Hard to credit that he could actually hobble off the pitch.

Revenge awaits in Paradise in the return game :)

stew

Quote from: Main Street on October 23, 2012, 10:20:26 PM
The officials did appear to be somewhat 'partial', like letting Victor twiddle his toes waiting to come on for minutes, but that would bring sour grapes into the equation. Pity that Brown has that hip issue which will not get better as he has come into his element this season. Watching Samaras  fall on and twist his ankle like that on the slow motion replay really made me cringe. Hard to credit that he could actually hobble off the pitch.

That would have been one of the best Celtic results in their history, barca are the single greatest team of all time and Celtic were 15 seconds from denying them victory, a tremendous effort all around.

as a coach I thought that subbing two players at the same time was a bad idea.............especially as they were subbing was a bad idea, that said I was watching the United game at the same time and maybe got it wrong.

For Celtic to run Barcelona this close is remarkable and this performance should give them the confidence to push on, fear nobody and do damage for the rest of the season!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: stew on October 23, 2012, 11:08:19 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 23, 2012, 10:20:26 PM

That would have been one of the best Celtic results in their history, barca are the single greatest team of all time and Celtic were 15 seconds from denying them victory, a tremendous effort all around.

as a coach I thought that subbing two players at the same time was a bad idea.............especially as they were subbing was a bad idea, that said I was watching the United game at the same time and maybe got it wrong.

For Celtic to run Barcelona this close is remarkable and this performance should give them the confidence to push on, fear nobody and do damage for the rest of the season!

If Barcelona were the greatest team of all time they would have won the la-liga,champions league last season.

AFS

Quote from: stew on October 23, 2012, 11:08:19 PM
That would have been one of the best Celtic results in their history

Steady on. You're talking about a club that has won the European Cup.

Declan

Celtic were a bit unlucky to concede so late and given that they could have been 2 nil down after 5 minutes it was a good performance from them. Can't see Barca being so wasteful in Parkhead though

Main Street

Most every team that plays Barca needs an element of Barca not finishing the ball into the net, in order to get a result at Camp Nou.
The only missed chance that I thought was definitely going in, was Villa's when he hit the post.
Not much opportunity for Celtic to retain possession out there,  Barca are in a another dimension when it comes to robbing the ball back.
I have to say that the outlook for Celtic's back 4 has taken a dramatic shift with Wilson and the new kids Ambrose and Lustig. I thought Matthews was already a very good rb, this Lustig looks even better.
This team is capable of deservedly finishing 2nd in the group  which was unthinkable/ very unlikely at the beginning of the season.