?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

gerrykeegan

Quote from: laoislad on September 19, 2012, 07:49:58 PM
Quote from: The Worker on September 19, 2012, 07:36:50 PM
Why do rte show the utd game? Surely there are more Celtic fans in its region than utd?

RTE have always been biased towards Man U.
Would have preferred if they showed the Chelsea game myself.

I read somewhere United have 650 million fans worldwide, hard to compete with that
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

AZOffaly

I would say there are far more people that count United as their 'first' team than those who count Celtic. In fact I'd say Liverpool fall into that bracket as well.

Of course a lot of these people would like Celtic too, but if they were offered watching United or Celtic, I'd say the majority, by a good bit, would go for United.

bennydorano

RTE & TV3 are both an embarrasment tripping over themselves to put MU on on every ocassion, only thing that trumps it is TV3 & their Dubs obsession. All commercially driven off course, but still w**k.

mylestheslasher

Chelsea game being shown before Celtic so I assume they do must be more supported now than celtic.

Main Street

Not a bad game, Benfica had that bit of technical ability in hand but Celtic more than held their own. Brown was at his hyper best and Wanyama not far behind, Wilson also looks a solid player  - badly needed at CH. It's games like this that a player like Nakamura would make the difference. All in all, a good first game in the CL group stages against one of the best teams in Europe.

5 Sams

Evander Sno in hospital with a heart attack!!
The Aristocrat Years

Armaghgeddon

1-0 Celtic in CL. 12 mins - Hooper.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Armaghgeddon

2-2 now. Red card for Spartak player

ross4life

First European away win since when?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: thebigfella on September 01, 2012, 01:44:36 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on August 31, 2012, 10:54:45 PM
most clubs in Europe would be happy with a point from a double header with barca before a ball is kicked

1 point from 4 games. There will fcuk all from Barca and away to Spartak.

You didn't call that one too well
Careful now

Main Street

Nice for Celtic to get that victory, I had thought a draw at best before the game. I also thought Matthews would be badly missed but Lustig did very well. Hooper was outstanding, leading the line on his own, scored and 'won the red card'. Samaras had a very decent game after his injury last month, with a brilliant header for the winner and a (dummy) assist for the equaliser.

red hander

Quote from: ross4life on October 02, 2012, 06:50:33 PM
First European away win since when?

Since they beat Helsinborgs 2-0 in Sweden in the qualifier

T Fearon

Fantastic display and win.Almost a year on from being 3 nil down and facing the sack against Kilmarnock,Neil must now be on the radar of English premier clubs.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on October 02, 2012, 07:45:17 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 02, 2012, 07:34:44 PM
Fantastic display and win.Almost a year on from being 3 nil down and facing the sack against Kilmarnock,Neil must now be on the radar of English premier clubs.

In much the same way as when the Queen uttered her attempt at the Irish language, she was on the radar of the Gaeltacht for a new chairperson.
Yeah, or maybe not.

Lennon has assembled a great squad and seems to be more clued-in than some would give him credit for. Certainly some of the players at Celtic are being watched by EPL clubs so I don't see why they wouldn't be tracking Lennon either.