Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Orangemac

Without getting into Neil Lennon's personality his record does not stand up well. A treble was there for the taking this year and all he has is a league title by default, even winning the title at Ibrox would have been something. Combine this with throwing the league away last year.

Celtic should make a move for Paul Lambert although he may rather stay in the PL.

Main Street

Celtic had the title won on merit, there's no sane argument against that and they're playing the best football in the SPL.
The 2 cups have been thrown away.

Milltown Row2

There is no denying, even by the most loyal supporters of Celtic, Neil Lennon is dung as a manager, Probably a great trainer coach, but tactically is rubbish. Some players make it as managers but others like Keane can't cut it.

My cousins are mad Celtic men, all the conspiracies they throw up didn't stop Celtic from losing the two Cup games, they lost against poor opposition to boot. Rangers have lost the stomach for the league games and who could blame them, they don't even know if they will get paid, probably don't get win bonuses either. So winning the league, while too most Celtic men is great, to the intelligent ones they'll know it's very hollow. Just my view
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Your views are consistently dung.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on April 16, 2012, 10:53:10 PM
Your views are consistently dung.

So Lennon is a good manager? Take your head outta your ass!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2012, 10:46:23 PM
There is no denying, even by the most loyal supporters of Celtic, Neil Lennon is dung as a manager, Probably a great trainer coach, but tactically is rubbish. Some players make it as managers but others like Keane can't cut it.

My cousins are mad Celtic men, all the conspiracies they throw up didn't stop Celtic from losing the two Cup games, they lost against poor opposition to boot. Rangers have lost the stomach for the league games and who could blame them, they don't even know if they will get paid, probably don't get win bonuses either. So winning the league, while too most Celtic men is great, to the intelligent ones they'll know it's very hollow. Just my view
A fella in work says he's a poor jockey on a lame nag in a one-horse race.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 16, 2012, 09:12:16 PM
These people are beyond parody now.

I would content that the only person parody is yourself. It's all well and good setting yourself up as a self-styled, liberal, neutral, pseudo-intellectual WUM on a message board, but it does lead to occasions when you can come across as a wally, tomfool or gombeen man. This is one such occasion.

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 15, 2012, 09:39:43 PM
Indeed, an absolute shocker of a decision to award Celtic's equaliser when Hooper was clearly offside.

The Hooper call should really have been a straightforward one. He was well ahead of the defenders initially and even as he tried to get onside he was still clearly off when the ball was played. There was nobody in the line of the assistant either, he really did make a really poor decision by not flagging for offside.

Such an absolute shocker of a decision and such a straightforward call to make. How many Hearts defenders appealed for offside, either in the build up to or in the immediate aftermath of the goal? Did Hooper instinctively check (for an offside flag from the assistant referee) after he scored? Neither of these of course mean he wasn't offside, but if the players don't claim it, then why do you expect the assistant to flag it.

Having watched the highlights again last night it was actually a great call by the ref on the penalty. The Ledley one was questionable enough given he had his hands up in the air to block a shot, but what was Wanyama (and it was apparently this foul for which the ref awarded the penalty, and the highlights showed him whistling and pointing to the spot after the Wanyama handball)  doing with his hand down near the ground? His hand moved towards the ball rather than vice versa and he handled. By the laws of the game it was the correct decision.

An assertion that few agree with, including Craig Beattie himself.

QuoteFor me, it's not a penalty. I would be very disappointed if my team went out of the cup losing to a penalty kick for that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17721840

You really must try harder if you expect to be taken in any way seriously on this board.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

tonto1888

people who say the title is tainted are pandering to the bullshit being presented as reporting by the likes of craig burley and mark hately. What they fail to realsie is that celtic went on a 20 game win streak overturning a 15 point deficit into a 4 point lead BEFORE they got a deduction. That is league winning form by anyones standards.

Club Rossa

The 6-0 win at Kilmarnock aside,Celtic have been awful in recent weeks but they are fully deserving of the Championship win.If anyone wants to talk about tainted titles,look no further than those cheating hoors at Ibrox,they will be able to tell you a thing or two about them.

Orchardman

I can understand why lads might have no interest in celtic or SPL, but what annoys me more is the irish fellas who love to put the boot into celtic, saying how shite they are, etc etc. Most of my mates have no interest in celtic, yet they 'support' chelsea, man u, liverpool. Fair enough if you like a club, but most of these people run around in jerseys, talking about 'we' won today, what ties have they got with these clubs really?I' love to see the day that the whole Sky TV and other deals fall down around the EPL and watch it all go bust, as it will happen. Over priced tickets, over priced players, crazy transfer deals, players diving everywhere.

Yes the SPL is dung, no doubt. What i would say is that the EPL is also shite. It has plenty of top class players, big stadiums, big crowds and it looks good in highlights. I gave up watching full EPL games years ago, it would put me to sleep. But then again I don't support any EPL team, I love GAA and i think soccer is generally pish to watch. I love champions league finals and big world cup games, especially with ireland involved, but apart from the tension provided by big games, its dire to watch.

I'm a huge celtic fan, but i'm different than most. Have been to maybe 25 games in scotland, but very few in recent years. I've read loads of books on their history and certain players who played long before i was, jimmy mcgrory, jimmy quinn, the john thompson story etc. I happened to be teaching the irish famine to a first year class a while back and I couldn't resist adding in the celtic story when we started to talk about what happened with emigration afterwards.
I generally only watch the bbc highlights every wkend of their games and i'm happy, it's all i need to see. I suppose i'm more an avid fan of the club and what it stands for, more so than a soccer mad follower of the team.

This was no tainted title, i'm proud of lenny and the lads, the had the league won long before rangers shite their load. Yes they fucked up in not getting the treble, but i think a hearts-hibs final will add good hype to the game, and I look forward to hibs hopefully breaking their 110 year duck.

Orchardman

Meant to add as well: Despite being a fan of lenny, especially with the shite he has been through, i don't believe in yapping on twitter, and crying about penalty decisions. If they were beaten by a last minute peno then it's their fault of only drawing 1:1 by that stage, but then that's the harsh way i look at sport. Lenny and joe yapping on twitter ( twitter is full of so much dung anyway) only serves to make us look real bad losers, which I think we are.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orchardman on April 17, 2012, 06:21:10 PM
I can understand why lads might have no interest in celtic or SPL, but what annoys me more is the irish fellas who love to put the boot into celtic, saying how shite they are, etc etc. Most of my mates have no interest in celtic, yet they 'support' chelsea, man u, liverpool. Fair enough if you like a club, but most of these people run around in jerseys, talking about 'we' won today, what ties have they got with these clubs really?I' love to see the day that the whole Sky TV and other deals fall down around the EPL and watch it all go bust, as it will happen. Over priced tickets, over priced players, crazy transfer deals, players diving everywhere.

Yes the SPL is dung, no doubt. What i would say is that the EPL is also shite. It has plenty of top class players, big stadiums, big crowds and it looks good in highlights. I gave up watching full EPL games years ago, it would put me to sleep. But then again I don't support any EPL team, I love GAA and i think soccer is generally pish to watch. I love champions league finals and big world cup games, especially with ireland involved, but apart from the tension provided by big games, its dire to watch.

I'm a huge celtic fan, but i'm different than most. Have been to maybe 25 games in scotland, but very few in recent years. I've read loads of books on their history and certain players who played long before i was, jimmy mcgrory, jimmy quinn, the john thompson story etc. I happened to be teaching the irish famine to a first year class a while back and I couldn't resist adding in the celtic story when we started to talk about what happened with emigration afterwards.
I generally only watch the bbc highlights every wkend of their games and i'm happy, it's all i need to see. I suppose i'm more an avid fan of the club and what it stands for, more so than a soccer mad follower of the team.

This was no tainted title, i'm proud of lenny and the lads, the had the league won long before rangers shite their load. Yes they fucked up in not getting the treble, but i think a hearts-hibs final will add good hype to the game, and I look forward to hibs hopefully breaking their 110 year duck.
I'm a Celtic fan, but I'd only use we won for my Club and County.

deiseach

Good post. I think there's a section of the Irish populace who like to congratulate themselves on how hip and rad and post-nationalist they are by viewing those who support Celtic as being less evolved than they are when, all other things being equal, there's more reasons for an Irish person to support Celtic than Liverpool or Man Utd.

tonto1888

a great post mate

Milltown Row2

Quote from: deiseach on April 18, 2012, 10:54:23 AM

Good post. I think there's a section of the Irish populace who like to congratulate themselves on how hip and rad and post-nationalist they are by viewing those who support Celtic as being less evolved than they are when, all other things being equal, there's more reasons for an Irish person to support Celtic than Liverpool or Man Utd.

For me there should be more reason for an Irish person to support GAA over soccer, was never more pissed off when I parked my car near the PD club on the Anderstown road to head to the Antrim V Laois game, the club was filled with Celtic men watching the Rangers game. That's fine but a right few of them I nodded to where Gaels of clubs on the road,  and they would rather be watching a 'foreign' sport when their own team, Antrim were playing 100 yards away at Casement!!!

Of course Casement was empty and Belfast seems to be going more and more down the route of kids opting for soccer over hurling/football. Very worrying.