Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

stew

I have never been a Celtic fan but I do keep an eye on what goes on in the SPL, Celtic won this title on merit and Rangers got what they deserved based on the corruption that was rife in the club.

I hope Rangers do stay afloat, if only so that working class people keep their jobs, if they fall you may as well hand Celtic the next five SPL titles, if not more before a challenger emerges.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

illdecide

Quote from: illdecide on October 15, 2011, 07:34:26 PM
I believe Neil should/could have done better and some of the players he's bought are disappointing to say the least but a lot of you need a reality check on the state of Scottish football and could another manager really do that much better? I'm not sticking up for Lennon totally as I've stated he's made mistakes but with the players Celtic have they're gonna be inconsistent. Yes on their day they're good but the reason they're at Celtic in the 1st place and not a team in the Premier League is they're are constantly inconsistent and we don't have the money to buy better players. Don't forget Celtic are without 3 if not 4 certain starters which is 1/3 of the team but i get the feeling this game today could galvanise them and put a run together...here's hoping.

They sure as hell did put a run together ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: illdecide on October 26, 2011, 11:27:39 PM
Listened to BBC Scotland for a while earlier and they were saying there was a lot of people texting and calling the studio during HT to say Neil Lennon should be sacked...i wonder did they reply back after the game ::)

Rangers bad spell is just around the corner ;)

Jasus how did i see that coming ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Applesisapples

Fair play to Neil Lennon, I was glad when he was appointed, had given up the ghost 3-0 down against Kilmarnock. Given all the shit he has taken from opposing fans, refs and the SFA he has earned it and my utmost respect. And built not a bad we team into the bargain.

ONeill

Jaysus that was a harsh penalty awarded to Hearts. Wouldn't be surprised if Lennon walks away now - he'll be getting another ban anyways.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dillinger

Quote from: ONeill on April 15, 2012, 02:49:36 PM
Jaysus that was a harsh penalty awarded to Hearts. Wouldn't be surprised if Lennon walks away now - he'll be getting another ban anyways.
Rat faced wee fecker. And just to be fair, Rangers are cnuts too. :)

Main Street

It wasn't a penalty according to the laws of the game and according to accepted (senior) referee interpretation of what constitutes 'deliberate'.
It was an atrocious decision by a ref who was in a good position. SPL referee standards on the major decisions, are about par with Div1 in the LOI.

I noted the Benfica full back was taking no chances when faced one on one with a Chelsea attacker in the box, he held both his hands firmly behind his back when closing down the attacker.

That makes for an interesting cup final between Hibs and Hearts. Good work by Pat Fenlon to get Hibs through and have an even chance of some glory in a bad season for them.

Celt_Man

Didn't see the game today but saw a retweet from Neil Lennon just there... A photo of a Hearts banner about Petrov - f**king disgusting and how someone could put it up is beyond me
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Milltown Row2

Any tweets from Lennon as to why they are playing crap?

If they didn't have such a lead they would have lost the league me thinks
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 15, 2012, 06:23:56 PM
Didn't see the game today but saw a retweet from Neil Lennon just there... A photo of a Hearts banner about Petrov - f**king disgusting and how someone could put it up is beyond me
It's a picture of a disgusting banner, it could have been taken anywhere, is there any proof that it was Hearts' fans  at this game.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Main Street on April 15, 2012, 06:50:06 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 15, 2012, 06:23:56 PM
It's a picture of a disgusting banner, it could have been taken anywhere, is there any proof that it was Hearts' fans  at this game.

Sorry good point - it seems to be removed... Might have put 1 and 1 together there and gotten 11... apologies
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Main Street on April 15, 2012, 03:46:32 PM
It wasn't a penalty according to the laws of the game and according to accepted (senior) referee interpretation of what constitutes 'deliberate'.
It was an atrocious decision by a ref who was in a good position. SPL referee standards on the major decisions, are about par with Div1 in the LOI.

Indeed, an absolute shocker of a decision to award Celtic's equaliser when Hooper was clearly offside.

Pathetic behaviour once again by Neil Lennon after the match. The man is unable to control his emotions and isn't fit to manage a club like Celtic.  He has now class or dignity. I see he is now arguing with his own supporters on Twitter. His record as manager is pretty poor as well. The SPL is a two horse race and the other runner was deducted 10 points and are in complete dissaray - anybody could win the title for Celtic in those circumstances. He failed to win either domestic cup and was rubbish in Europe. His team continually bottle it in significant matches, even against clubs with tiny budgets compared to them. Celtic won the most meaningless SPL title and made fools of themselves in the cups and Rangers are about to be liquidated - beautiful ;D ;D

Main Street

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 15, 2012, 09:39:43 PM

Indeed, an absolute shocker of a decision to award Celtic's equaliser when Hooper was clearly offside.

Neglecting to make a marginal offside call in a nano second, is not a shocker of a decision.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/Caledonia_1971/Hooper.jpg
And usually it's the assistant's call, not the ref.
Doesn't compare to the penalty award by the ref. Then again, I don't have an anti-Celtic agenda.

QuotePathetic behaviour once again by Neil Lennon after the match. The man is unable to control his emotions and isn't fit to manage a club like Celtic.  He has now class or dignity. I see he is now arguing with his own supporters on Twitter. His record as manager is pretty poor as well. The SPL is a two horse race and the other runner was deducted 10 points and are in complete dissaray - anybody could win the title for Celtic in those circumstances. He failed to win either domestic cup and was rubbish in Europe. His team continually bottle it in significant matches, even against clubs with tiny budgets compared to them. Celtic won the most meaningless SPL title and made fools of themselves in the cups and Rangers are about to be liquidated - beautiful ;D ;D

I can't tell if Neil's post game behaviour is any more or less immature than yours.
What a sad life you have LDA  ;D

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Main Street on April 16, 2012, 11:52:35 AM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 15, 2012, 09:39:43 PM

Neglecting to make a marginal offside call in a nano second, is not a shocker of a decision.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c183/Caledonia_1971/Hooper.jpg
And usually it's the assistant's call, not the ref.
Doesn't compare to the penalty award by the ref. Then again, I don't have an anti-Celtic agenda.

QuotePathetic behaviour once again by Neil Lennon after the match. The man is unable to control his emotions and isn't fit to manage a club like Celtic.  He has now class or dignity. I see he is now arguing with his own supporters on Twitter. His record as manager is pretty poor as well. The SPL is a two horse race and the other runner was deducted 10 points and are in complete dissaray - anybody could win the title for Celtic in those circumstances. He failed to win either domestic cup and was rubbish in Europe. His team continually bottle it in significant matches, even against clubs with tiny budgets compared to them. Celtic won the most meaningless SPL title and made fools of themselves in the cups and Rangers are about to be liquidated - beautiful ;D ;D

I can't tell if Neil's post game behaviour is any more or less immature than yours.
What a sad life you have LDA  ;D

Pedantry on your behalf, Main Street given we all know that they are assistant referees. The Hooper call should really have been a straightforward one. He was well ahead of the defenders initially and even as he tried to get onside he was still clearly off when the ball was played. There was nobody in the line of the assistant either, he really did make a really poor decision by not flagging for offside.

Having watched the highlights again last night it was actually a great call by the ref on the penalty. The Ledley one was questionable enough given he had his hands up in the air to block a shot, but what was Wanyama (and it was apparently this foul for which the ref awarded the penalty, and the highlights showed him whistling and pointing to the spot after the Wanyama handball)  doing with his hand down near the ground? His hand moved towards the ball rather than vice versa and he handled. By the laws of the game it was the correct decision. The Celtic claim at the other hand immediately after was ridiculous - given the ball didn't even hit Webster's arm.

Cracking quote from Alan Thomson on the BBC last night - "Whether Hooper's goal is offside or not it gets us back in the game, but again decisions have cost us". These people are beyond parody now. Had Hearts been incorrectly awarded an offside goal, or had the Hearts penalty incident happened at the other end, then Lennon and Thomo would have been furious and claiming them as further examples of the anti-Celtic conspiracy.

As for me having an anti-Celtic agenda I have made it perfectly clear that I really dislike both of the gruesome twosome, no secret there. I am capable however of stepping back and looking at a game dispassionately. You had a go at the officials on here last night but did not mention the most glaring mistake (Hooper 'goal') and looking back at the highlights it turns out that the ref got the penalty calls spot on. Whatever agenda you have seems to be clouding your judgement. Perhaps you should look at incidents a little closer before commenting, or even learn the rules of the game ;)

Comparison between myself and Lennon is ludicrous given he is a public figure who has (or should have) a duty to be considered in how he acts and what he says. Hardly the same as somebody commenting on a messageboard. That said all my posts have been more reasonable than Lennon's frothing at the mouth anyway.

You don't know me to comment on what kind of life I have, and that dig does you no credit at all. 

Main Street

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 16, 2012, 09:12:16 PM
Comparison between myself and Lennon is ludicrous given he is a public figure who has (or should have) a duty to be considered in how he acts and what he says. Hardly the same as somebody commenting on a messageboard. That said all my posts have been more reasonable than Lennon's frothing at the mouth anyway.
Well then, Wenger repeatedly shoving his finger up  to the nose of the 4th official tonight would have had you apoplectic at the low standards in high places.

QuoteYou had a go at the officials on here last night but did not mention the most glaring mistake (Hooper 'goal') and looking back at the highlights it turns out that the ref got the penalty calls spot on.
Obviously your opinion differs from mine on what defines a glaring mistake.
The most mild description I have read in match reports was that the penalty call in favour of Hearts was extremly harsh and there were suspicions of offside re Hooper. But You know better, hey ;)

QuoteYou don't know me to comment on what kind of life I have, and that dig does you no credit at all.

True enough, I don't know what kind of life you have, but it has to be sad if the type of posts you deliver here, is evidence of what turns you on  ;D