Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Bingo

Thought Kayal was very impressive till his injury. Forrest also but end product can disappoint. Samaras so lazy. Rangers very average.

Ref bottled a red at end, maybe he was trying to keep a lid on it in a strange sorta way.

ONeill

Hopefully Celtic keep the foot on the gas.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Interesting to see Lennon sitting in with the pundits post match, can't see Fergie sitting down and shooting the breeze with Gary and Jamie...
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

That makes Ledley a made man. Matthews looks a solid RB and imo was the best player out there tonight.

By scrappy Glasgow derby standards this game was somewhat entertaining scrap and an easy win.
A bit disappointing that Celtic struggled to string their passing game together and didn't score a second. As crap and all that Rangers performed, they showed some mettle and enough of it to indicate that if they didn't have to get rid of more players, they would offer a decent challenge to retain the title.

fitzroyalty

Not a Celtic faithful but I do like to see them do well and especially get one over the Gers.

Weren't going to get any champagne football tonight with the wind, but a win is a win and thoroughly deserved after a dominate performance. Thought Matthews, Kayal, Forrest and even Samaras at times were good.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 28, 2011, 11:04:46 PM
Not a Celtic faithful but I do like to see them do well and especially get one over the Gers.

Weren't going to get any champagne football tonight with the wind, but a win is a win and thoroughly deserved after a dominate performance. Thought Matthews, Kayal, Forrest and even Samaras at times were good.
+1

trileacman

Samaras, a lazy greek.

Who'd have thought it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

saffron sam2

The world is a better place tonight.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on December 28, 2011, 11:00:43 PM
That makes Ledley a made man. Matthews looks a solid RB and imo was the best player out there tonight.

By scrappy Glasgow derby standards this game was somewhat entertaining scrap and an easy win.
A bit disappointing that Celtic struggled to string their passing game together and didn't score a second. As crap and all that Rangers performed, they showed some mettle and enough of it to indicate that if they didn't have to get rid of more players, they would offer a decent challenge to retain the title.

I would give them a pass on that given the conditions. It's hard to string a pasing game together with those conditions. I'm not a Celtic Fan by any means but the turnaround that Lennon has overseen (granted Rangers haven't helped themselves in this) is fantastic. As we can see he just needed time and in fairness there was never any stage I felt Celtic were not in control of the match (apart from the goal that wasn't). Good to see and hopefully he can get them a title because I HATE Ally McCoist!

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Agent Orange on December 28, 2011, 09:42:03 PM
17 point turn around in less than 2 months. Some going.
The difference was 15 points in November, but Celtic had 2 games (or 6 points) in hand. Going in to last night's match Rangers were one point ahead, so in effect they had blown an 8 point lead. Still a great turn around for Celtic, but not as great as 17 points.

The Gs Man

Was at the game. Conditions were atrocious. My wee lad actually got lifted off his feet outside the ground.

Great result though and the atmosphere was electric. Best Old Firm game Ive been at in years.
Keep 'er lit

Main Street

It use to be that falling 2 points behind in the SPL, for either Celtic or Rangers, was a matter of serious concern for fans.
To turn around a 17 points deficit with 2 games in hand  and go 2 points ahead, amidst a Europa league campaign is an excellent achievement from Lennon, who was just about at the end on his green mile journey to the exit.

The games in hand didn't work out for Rangers in 2007/8 season.
What matters is how a team performs under the pressure after all the 9 lives have been used.

charlieTully

Quote from: The Gs Man on December 29, 2011, 10:07:37 AM
Was at the game. Conditions were atrocious. My wee lad actually got lifted off his feet outside the ground.

Great result though and the atmosphere was electric. Best Old Firm game Ive been at in years.

super atmosphere, the singing never let up for a second.

Pat Mustard

Quote from: Myles Na G. on December 29, 2011, 09:29:47 AM
Quote from: Agent Orange on December 28, 2011, 09:42:03 PM
17 point turn around in less than 2 months. Some going.
The difference was 15 points in November, but Celtic had 2 games (or 6 points) in hand. Going in to last night's match Rangers were one point ahead, so in effect they had blown an 8 point lead. Still a great turn around for Celtic, but not as great as 17 points.
We were 15 behind, now we're 2 ahead. I'm no mathematician, but I reckon that's a 17 point turnaround.
Happy man today. ;D

Main Street

I wouldn't mind going to a Celtic Rangers game at CP.

Perhaps if Rangers manage to stay in the top 6, there would be such a fixture near the end of the season.