?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lfdown2

Quote from: Forever Green on December 20, 2011, 09:29:06 PM
Quote from: Muzz on December 20, 2011, 09:12:32 PM
I'm not saying they do not add atmosphere they do...but it is the political side they need to forget.  We have always had harassment from the police in Glasgow but the gb are bringing it on themselves for their actions.

Don't forget it was former police man that was the one reported Celtic to the SPL and to UEFA where SPL found Celtic not guilty as the club had done everything to discourage it.  It was the gb that was singing at the hearts game pro IRA songs with rest of us standing booing our own fans!  Ridiculous scene of events.  But the gb by their actions at Udinese put Celtic in bad view again and this arsehole of a ex policeman looks like he was right.  If they'd went there and behaved it could have looked like they were wrong.  Instead we were shown up.  The fan that got banned wasn't just for the banner but he assaulted a steward as well.  No place at Celtic for men like that.  Refuse to call him a supporter just like Lawell.

I`m not excusing the fact that it was a stupid thing to do and it was a disgrace that a steward allegedly got attacked but he is still a loyal supporter who has spent a lot of money and traveled across Europe to watch his team a couple of weeks before Christmas. For Peter Lawwell to come out and say that they are going to "weed" these supporters out is a disgrace. Come the start of next season, he will be begging them to renew their season tickets.

What IRA songs where the GB singing against Hearts? I assume you mean the recent game against them

They are not bringing it on themselves. What makes Celtic so special is our link to politics and the beliefs they have. This is why we are respected throughout the world. This has only become a major factor since Lenny started getting attacked by those other fuckwits. The media, Police and the Scottish Goverment are just trying to paint us as bad as the huns imo when in reality the GB have done very little wrong apart from bringing an atmosphere back to Parkhead and expressing their own beliefs. Are they not allowed an opinion?

Really? Not the charity? Not the football? Politics?!?!

illdecide

What Neil Lennon says on that topic i'd take it with a pinch of salt and majority of Celtic Fans will know this...he'd have been told by Lawell etc to condemn it as manager and the club done the same (standard procedure). As someone else stated he could hardly have said he agreed with it. 3pts on Sat will set us up lovely for Wed night where i expect a 2-0 win...correct
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Muzz

Forever I agree that we may never see it the same way but I am ashamed to see how the club and in particular its supporters have been perceived due to a rogue element within the club.  That rogue element has crept in with the GB and the way that they are starting to go about making a point.  Its just not working.

Forever Green

Quote from: lfdown2 on December 20, 2011, 11:25:22 PM
Quote from: Forever Green on December 20, 2011, 09:29:06 PM
Quote from: Muzz on December 20, 2011, 09:12:32 PM
I'm not saying they do not add atmosphere they do...but it is the political side they need to forget.  We have always had harassment from the police in Glasgow but the gb are bringing it on themselves for their actions.

Don't forget it was former police man that was the one reported Celtic to the SPL and to UEFA where SPL found Celtic not guilty as the club had done everything to discourage it.  It was the gb that was singing at the hearts game pro IRA songs with rest of us standing booing our own fans!  Ridiculous scene of events.  But the gb by their actions at Udinese put Celtic in bad view again and this arsehole of a ex policeman looks like he was right.  If they'd went there and behaved it could have looked like they were wrong.  Instead we were shown up.  The fan that got banned wasn't just for the banner but he assaulted a steward as well.  No place at Celtic for men like that.  Refuse to call him a supporter just like Lawell.

I`m not excusing the fact that it was a stupid thing to do and it was a disgrace that a steward allegedly got attacked but he is still a loyal supporter who has spent a lot of money and traveled across Europe to watch his team a couple of weeks before Christmas. For Peter Lawwell to come out and say that they are going to "weed" these supporters out is a disgrace. Come the start of next season, he will be begging them to renew their season tickets.

What IRA songs where the GB singing against Hearts? I assume you mean the recent game against them

They are not bringing it on themselves. What makes Celtic so special is our link to politics and the beliefs they have. This is why we are respected throughout the world. This has only become a major factor since Lenny started getting attacked by those other fuckwits. The media, Police and the Scottish Goverment are just trying to paint us as bad as the huns imo when in reality the GB have done very little wrong apart from bringing an atmosphere back to Parkhead and expressing their own beliefs. Are they not allowed an opinion?

Really? Not the charity? Not the football? Politics?!?!

Well the reason we have so much support throughout the world has to have something to do with the beiiefs of the majority of the fans imo. Of course we are respected for many other aspects and used to be respected for football. Currently, I dont think we have the respect for the footballing side of things as we are considered shite although Ireland and Britain seem to hold that view the most. Hopefully Lenny returns us to the glory days soon  ;D

Forever Green

Quote from: illdecide on December 21, 2011, 12:14:13 AM
What Neil Lennon says on that topic i'd take it with a pinch of salt and majority of Celtic Fans will know this...he'd have been told by Lawell etc to condemn it as manager and the club done the same (standard procedure). As someone else stated he could hardly have said he agreed with it. 3pts on Sat will set us up lovely for Wed night where i expect a 2-0 win...correct

I have no doubt that Lawwell has been telling Lennon what to say to the media but imo he should have just dodged the question like MON and WGS did in there times in charge of the club. There was also no need whatsoever to leave in the sly digs, not the first time he has done that this season. Dont get me wrong, I still absolutely love the man and have massive respect for what he went through last season but he just avoid these questions as it will split the support and create more ammo for the media to hammer us with

Forever Green

Quote from: Muzz on December 21, 2011, 01:22:31 PM
Forever I agree that we may never see it the same way but I am ashamed to see how the club and in particular its supporters have been perceived due to a rogue element within the club.  That rogue element has crept in with the GB and the way that they are starting to go about making a point.  Its just not working.

Fair enough Muzz

Applesisapples

A couple of things to address here, putting the poppy on the shirt was unnecessary and insensirive and in my opinion would probably not have happened if John Reid had not been the Chairman at the time. By the same token some of the songs which glorify the IRA in the current climate should be dropped, there are plenty of songs which acknowledge the clubs Irish Roots that would not offend those in the Scottish regiments who follow the club and in many cases also see themselves as Irish diaspora. Whatever Neil Lennon's personal views on Ireland/Politics/Rebel Songs there is no way he could say publicly anything but what he said. At least he is not an Uncle Tom like wee Gerry the one goal wonder. The Green Brigade need to put the club first and moderate their views and that does not take away from them the positive influence they have had on the atmosphere.

Muzz

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 21, 2011, 02:36:25 PM
A couple of things to address here, putting the poppy on the shirt was unnecessary and insensirive and in my opinion would probably not have happened if John Reid had not been the Chairman at the time. By the same token some of the songs which glorify the IRA in the current climate should be dropped, there are plenty of songs which acknowledge the clubs Irish Roots that would not offend those in the Scottish regiments who follow the club and in many cases also see themselves as Irish diaspora. Whatever Neil Lennon's personal views on Ireland/Politics/Rebel Songs there is no way he could say publicly anything but what he said. At least he is not an Uncle Tom like wee Gerry the one goal wonder. The Green Brigade need to put the club first and moderate their views and that does not take away from them the positive influence they have had on the atmosphere.

Put very well!

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: Forever Green on December 20, 2011, 10:41:39 PMI just don't want to lose that status that has made us so special to many millions of people. If Celtic were to "move with the times" as you put it, we would be just another club in a shitty wee league.

But that's exactly what you are.

You're no more special than Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, the Dundee teams etc.

Less special than Aberdeen, naturally, but then only one Scottish club has two European trophies.

Why does somebody from the East End of Glasgow such as yourself care so much about Irish politics anyway?

SambaSaffron

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on December 21, 2011, 09:15:27 PM
Quote from: Forever Green on December 20, 2011, 10:41:39 PMI just don't want to lose that status that has made us so special to many millions of people. If Celtic were to "move with the times" as you put it, we would be just another club in a shitty wee league.

Less special than Aberdeen, naturally, but then only one Scottish club has two European trophies.

Why does somebody from the East End of Glasgow such as yourself care so much about Irish politics anyway?
I for one am very wound up by this. 

Forever Green

:D  :D

Be gone

Forever Green

I see we are being linked with Kris Boyd lol. I think Lenny said in an interview the huns connection wouldn't bother if he were to sign him. Now, the media have latched onto this trying to say he is a target. Is he f**k. Lenny knows that this fat bastard is nowhere near good enough to be ahead of Stokes, Hooper or even Samaras ffs. Wouldnt suprise me though if Peter Lawwell wanted to sign him as he would be the cheap option. We have first choice on Baba Diawara in January and I think we should be using the money to get him. One of the top scorers in Portugal this season and a good target man.

Anyway, Boyd will be straight back to the huns in January as soon as Jelavic fucks off to England  ;D

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: Forever Green on December 22, 2011, 06:02:45 PM

Be gone

Damn, i was hoping for a bigger reaction :(

Forever Green

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on December 22, 2011, 08:56:25 PM

Be gone

:D  ;)

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: Forever Green on December 23, 2011, 12:14:47 AM
Quote from: LondonCamanachd on December 22, 2011, 08:56:25 PM

Be gone

:D  ;)

Well I would try to wind you lot up about the SPL, but it's quite hard hard to do that from our end of the table...

:two stars: