?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Applesisapples

Quote from: illdecide on October 23, 2011, 12:02:15 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 23, 2011, 03:13:16 AM
Sheep shaggers today, hope the huns lite do us a favour.

R u serious...they'll role over and die for their 1st team
and so they did!!

Club Rossa

Poor defending yesterday for Aberdeen's goal but a welcome 3 points all the same.Back to back games against Hibs now,cup game live on BBC Scotland.

Forever Green

A good 3 points for us yesterday against an Aberdeen side who were starting to gather up some momentum. Looking forward to the Hibs game on Wednesday. I would give big Rogne a run out beside Mulgrew to see how they perform as a partnership. Rogne was top class for a lot of last season before he got that injury and had a poor performance in the League cup final against the huns. Hasn't been in the picture since then, not even registered for Europe ffs. High hopes for Wanyama, looks some talent so far. Him in the CDM role gives Kayal more freedom to go on driving runs forward. If Kayal is given the freedom, he could be our new Petrov ;D

Forever Green

Brilliant 2nd half from the Bhoys tonight. Playing like the way we did last season. Imo this was purely down to switching Ledley into the middle with Kayal. Have always said that it should be this partnership as the team is much more free flowing. Forrest was outstanding again, we have a great player on our hands with this lad. Big Rogne very solid at the back after not playing in such a long time. When Mulgrew returns from injury, they should be our stoppers. Matthews getting better each game. Himself and Izzy will be brilliant bombing down the line. This is the game our season finally gets going imo

Forster-7 (Some crucial saves but I still prefer Zaluska)

Wilson-7
Rogne-8
Maj-7
Matthews-8

Forrest-9
Kayal-8
Ledley-9
Ki-6

Stokes-8
Hooper-6 ( Took his goal brilliantly but still a long way off the player we seen last season. Still unconvinced he is fully fit. Hopefully that goal gets his confidence up)

illdecide

Listened to BBC Scotland for a while earlier and they were saying there was a lot of people texting and calling the studio during HT to say Neil Lennon should be sacked...i wonder did they reply back after the game ::)

Rangers bad spell is just around the corner ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Myles Na G.

Anyone who thinks this is the start of a turn around for Celtic is ignoring Lennon's record as manager. Basically, he wins the games that don't matter and loses the big ones. Celtic could beat most of the teams in Scotland most of the time with Ronnie Corbett as manager. It's the European games and the matches against Rangers which sort the good managers from the duffers. So far, Lennon's a duffer.

saffron sam2

Whispers of dodgy betting patterns in a recent Celtic match. Anyone else these?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 27, 2011, 07:51:35 AM
Anyone who thinks this is the start of a turn around for Celtic is ignoring Lennon's record as manager. Basically, he wins the games that don't matter and loses the big ones. Celtic could beat most of the teams in Scotland most of the time with Ronnie Corbett as manager. It's the European games and the matches against Rangers which sort the good managers from the duffers. So far, Lennon's a duffer.
I don't think Lennon is the man for the job but thats a load of shite. Tell me, what's Neil Lennon's record against Rangers since he took over? As for Europe, the results there are more to do with the decline of Scottish football than anything. This 'games that matter' is a load of dung. So last nights game didn't matter becase Celtic won?

Applesisapples

Quote from: SambaSaffron on October 27, 2011, 09:10:14 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on October 27, 2011, 07:51:35 AM
I don't think Lennon is the man for the job but thats a load of shite. Tell me, what's Neil Lennon's record against Rangers since he took over? As for Europe, the results there are more to do with the decline of Scottish football than anything. This 'games that matter' is a load of dung. So last nights game didn't matter becase Celtic won?
I agree and Lennon's record against Rangers is better than Strachan's. I think Lennon could grow into the role but he needs a Tommy Burns in the background. I thaink Mjalby and Thompson are learning the trade as well.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Wouldn't pay any heed to myles, he knows F all squared about Celtic.

Lennys still inexperienced, but is learning, what people seem to forget is that we are suffering from a massive number of injuries (alot of them 1st team regulars!) Brown, Izzy, Commons, Samaras, Kelvin Wilson, Bungura, Loovens, even Mark Wilson and Mulgrew are not 100%. Things have to change (and drastically) and last nights result maybe the kick start the team need, was good that Hooper scored, as it won't do his confidence any harm.
Now if we could get the same result against Hibs on Saturday - Hoopy days.  ;)
Tbc....

LondonCamanachd

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 27, 2011, 11:04:47 AM
Mulgrew are not 100%.

As an Aberdeen man, may I respectfully point out that an unfit Mulgrew is normally an advantage as it stops the f*cker from being close enough to the pitch to try defending?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: LondonCamanachd on October 29, 2011, 12:11:23 AM
Mulgrew are not 100%.

As an Aberdeen man, may I respectfully point out that an unfit Mulgrew is normally an advantage as it stops the f*cker from being close enough to the pitch to try defending?

:D
Believe it or not, he's not been playing to bad recently.
Tbc....

Myles Na G.

Wouldn't pay any heed to myles, he knows F all squared about Celtic.

Lennys still inexperienced, but is learning, what people seem to forget is that we are suffering from a massive number of injuries (alot of them 1st team regulars!) Brown, Izzy, Commons, Samaras, Kelvin Wilson, Bungura, Loovens, even Mark Wilson and Mulgrew are not 100%. Things have to change (and drastically) and last nights result maybe the kick start the team need, was good that Hooper scored, as it won't do his confidence any harm.
Now if we could get the same result against Hibs on Saturday - Hoopy days.  ;)
He knows enough to know that winning matches in the Scottish Communities League Cup didn't used to be enough by itself to keep Celtic fans happy. Here's an interview with Lennon:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15502296.stm
Points to note:
'And then you look back at last season and think that you didn't do a lot wrong.' You came 2nd in a 2 horse race, Neil. You came 2nd to a Rangers team that couldn't afford to buy the half time oranges. Not a lot wrong??
'And the fact that we are still going strong in all competitions, with the players we have had missing, pleases me immensely.' We're doing crap in Europe, actually, and we're still in the competition only because some Swiss team got kicked out after beating us. That to me isn't going strong. Losing 3 goals to Kilmarnock isn't going strong either.
All this talk about Lennon learning the job and gaining experience just underlines why top clubs don't appoint rookie managers in the first place. Said it at the time: Celtic should've broken the bank and gone on bended knees to get Paul Lambert back to Glasgow.

Club Rossa

Rangers couldn't afford the half time oranges?The 4 million they spent on Jelavic would buy a helluva lot of oranges.

lynchbhoy

I wasnt happy that Lennon got the job - Celtic need a man with experience.
He is learning and prob improving. However I question a lot of his tactical decisions and player selection.
How he can leave Rogne and Stokes off when fully fit at times when they are obv in form or needed - well it is worrying.
It makes me wonder is he learning or is he trying too hard.
Hie backroom team have no exp either.
In time these guys could be brilliant. However a club like Celtic shouldnt be one for testing out rookies.
Shows how financially fukt Celtic and rangers are when they both cant afford top level exp men and have to rely on untested ex players.