?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Pat Mustard on August 24, 2011, 03:22:06 PM
Murphy is crap in the air, as are most of our players. The stats of goals from corners/free kicks show this. Rightly or wrongly, getting loads of crosses in to the box isn't our style of play. Even if it was, as I said Murphy is like Peter Crouch in the air - piss poor for his size.
I'm not sure what point you are making with the Loovens and World Cup thing, or if you are just genuinely querying it. I don't think he did go. Much like if Ireland qualified, Murphy wouldn't go. He is a Dutch international though.
Braafheid is one of the worst players I've seen playing for Celtic. Izzaguire is the best leftback I've seen for us. He can't defend? When was this exposed? Name one winger who got the better of him last season?
Regardless of whether they are 'good' or not, they've been Rangers best players over the last 3 seasons. 3 seasons in which they won the league. However, I'll answer your question. McGregor is probably the best British goalkeeper at the minute. Davis was a regular in the premiership before he went to Rangers. Naismith isn't the most technically gifted player but in the SPL he's very good and he does a great job for Rangers. Papac is a decent defender.
Bougherra has been sold, as I said.
while I am laughing at the pic of wright-phillips 'outjumping' Murphy, I wouldnt say he is crap in the air. Have you seen him play.
Jeez, I'm not saying he is the best striker Celtic have or even that he is brilliant, he is just getting bad service and is not far off jelavic. my point is that loovens is an international but didnt get called up to the world cup. IF Murphy gets game time somewhere maybe he would get a proper run IF Irelad were going to play a system that suited him - but they wont under Trap.
Under the current celtic system, Murphy will remain poor. Celtic are toothless and need to do something to change that system though- where I was starting out initially.
Izzaguire was poor against rangers and other games early last season - think it was in the euro games...cant really remember, but what I saw made me worry about Celtic if a decent team ewent at him, as he is too one footd and cant tackle, goes to ground too easily and is often caught out of position. thats not a top quality left back.
Papac is a poor mans izzaguire, and the rest of those rangers players apart from bougherra - I really will never agree with you about them .If they were any use they woul dhave played for better teams than bolton or wigan etc.

Interesting you say that murphy was poor in the air, its something I look out for. Niall quinn was not great for his height, crouch is dreadful for his height, JVOH was poor enough for his height also. Murphy I would not categorise in that company. I'd like to see him get a run in the side and get some decent service from the wings in a 352 or 343 formation.
Celtic need something different as they ae all huff and puff this past few seasons with no penetration, incision and not enough goals. Euro results this year and last plus the 'lost' leagues should surely prove this.
Lennon is still a rookie and just doesnt posess the requisite knowledge yet. Will he ever? Dont know. Time is ticking by and Celtic have not improved a whole lot since the wgs  and mowbray days.
all imo.

whitegoodman

No harm to you but murphy is shite, he was shite at sunderland, he was shite on loan at Ipswich and he is shite at celtic.  I know a few sunderland fans and they couldnt believe that they got their money back for him.  If u were bored enough to look at any of the sunderland fans forum they wouldnt have much time for him either.

He is incredibly slow and for a man of his size isnt great in the air and has absolutely no aggression.  He shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as Niall Quinn as a footballer.  Quinn had a touch ffs

Pat Mustard

Murphy away on loan to Ipswich :lol: I'm happy that he's off the wage bill but we seem incapable of getting a fee for all our surplus to requirements players.

lynchbhoy

Pat Mustard

Maloney, Samaras, Hooiveld, Rasmussen. All need to go.

Nervous about tonight, looking forward to it though which isn't a good sign.

whitegoodman

Quote from: Pat Mustard on August 25, 2011, 09:07:55 AM
Murphy away on loan to Ipswich :lol: I'm happy that he's off the wage bill but we seem incapable of getting a fee for all our surplus to requirements players.

He was on loan at Ipswich whilst on sunderlands books, am afraid he is still at celtic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: whitegoodman on August 25, 2011, 01:11:40 PM
Quote from: Pat Mustard on August 25, 2011, 09:07:55 AM

He was on loan at Ipswich whilst on sunderlands books, am afraid he is still at celtic

No, he's gone for a year long loan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14654088.stm

Just looked into a Ipswich discussion forum and nearly all are delighted at their capture of Murphy on loan.
Tbc....

SambaSaffron

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: SambaSaffron on August 25, 2011, 02:57:19 PM
Give them 2 weeks.

From the comments I was reading, they seemed to remember him from before!

Though I think we'll have a hard time tonight, we are more than capable of beating Sion.
Though a 1-1 away goal victory is a strong possibility, I hope for a few Celtic goals to rise the spirits and give us an away victory in Europe (haven't been getting too many in recent years!).

I see Kayal and Hooper have both travelled with the team, I just hope Lenny doesn't throw them into the match not being 100% fit, we don't need either of them aggravating minor injuries into longterm injuries!

Looking forward to watching the match.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

Archie Mitchell

Orior

Better news for Celtic fans in Ibrox
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hoof Hearted

all scots teams on way out of europe at this stage and its still august
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

tyroneman

Scottish football. The laughing stock of Europe.

Can we admit now Lennon isn't good enough or do we have to pretend some more because he is Irish/ played for Celtic/ passionate... whatever?

snoopdog

to think Celtic and Rangers want to join the Premier league. Truth is they would struggle in the 3rd tier of English football.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"