?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Forever Green on August 13, 2011, 09:29:23 PM
Match ends 5-1 with Forrest getting the last goal. Hooper getting a scan tomorrow on the ankle although Lennon thinks he could be fit for Thursday. Key players geting injured before this Sion game but I do think we have the depth to deal with it

We were great, could've been 7-1. Hoops a big loss (hopefully only minor).
Tbc....

Forever Green

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 13, 2011, 09:34:14 PM
Match ends 5-1 with Forrest getting the last goal. Hooper getting a scan tomorrow on the ankle although Lennon thinks he could be fit for Thursday. Key players geting injured before this Sion game but I do think we have the depth to deal with it

Haven't seen the match yet, how did Zaluska play?. Hopefully just a precaution taking Hooper off on the stetcher. See we have taken Mohamadou Idrissou on trial. Big f**king bulldozer of a striker. We need that sort of striker for some of the SPL games this year.

Forever Green

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14561780.stm

Big Fraser Forster back with us. Tbh I think we could have done a lot better. I was just never confident with him in nets last season. His kicking is quite poor and it takes him an age diving to the ground. Yes, he did break the clean sheets record but that was mainly down to the defence and the possession football Lenny has the team playing but hopefully the coaching staff sort these problems out. Presently, I would keep Zaluska in nets as he is starting to gain a bit of confidence. Brilliant shot stopper but his decision making is still a bit rash.

lynchbhoy

dont really rate forster myself.
Zaluska was superb before he signed for Celtic, lets hope he can get that form back !

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Have reset the poll about the league title and will leave until October, by that time I will be putting up a poll as to wether or not wee Ally McCoist will have a job by Christmas!  ;D
Tbc....

Forever Green

What a fcuk up this ishttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14568509.stm

Sion are more or less telling FIFA to go f**k themselves. If they play the banned players, the game will be rendered meaningless and Celtic will go through to the group stages.

lynchbhoy

fifa and uefa are a shower of clowns - the world cup selections proved this.

Celtic should concentrate on trying to win the games. it will be made harder as sion will be more motivated with these external events.
Any team would much rather be there on merit.

heffo

lynchbhoy

Quote from: heffo on August 18, 2011, 09:16:58 AM
Is this game on the box lads?
not on terrestial TV
you'll be delighted to know that setanta or tv3  are showing sham rovers instead.
Obv choice I suppose as they are Irish.

just had a quick look on a couple of message boards and they said that 'Celtic FC are saying the only place to see the game is at Celtic Park'

so thats a no I think.

heffo

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Lads, looking like Celtic match mightn't be on satellite, but holding out hope that my "go to club" here in Belfast might have it on!
Tbc....

Muzz

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 13, 2011, 09:34:14 PM

Just on that note yes it could have been 7 but it so easily could have been 3 or 4 for Dundee Utd too.

Muzz

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 18, 2011, 10:12:14 AM
Lads, looking like Celtic match mightn't be on satellite, but holding out hope that my "go to club" here in Belfast might have it on!

Match is not being televised.  Go to the Celtic website it clearly states on the front page "Match NOT on TV"

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=1424

Pat Mustard

I'm happy with Forster, thought would prefer it on a permanent deal. There is an option to make it permanent but those things are often more complicated than they sound. We've signed a goalkeeper while saving money (for now) that could be spent strengthening other areas. Fraser broke the clean sheet record last season with central defenders such as Loovens, Majstorovic and Mulgrew in front of him. Not at all bad. He's also young, will only get better and despite what some say doesn't make many mistakes. The 2 that stand out are his poor kick against Rangers in the 3-1 game for Miller's goal(the defence was very slow to react) and he had an under par game in the league cup final, as did Izaguirre and many others.

On tonight's game, I'm fairly confident, despite a few key men missing. The whole mess Sion have with Uefa is an unwelcome distraction though.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Muzz on August 18, 2011, 10:17:17 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 18, 2011, 10:12:14 AM

Match is not being televised.  Go to the Celtic website it clearly states on the front page "Match NOT on TV"

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=1424

Clearly (and I had seen that, thanks), but would you expect the club to say anything else, they want bums on seats afterall!
Tbc....