Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2024, 10:56:01 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 27, 2024, 11:33:52 AMWould  love to see a bigger unit in the full forward line to compliment mc curry/canavan. Either of mc Shane, mattie donnelly or mc gleenan would  be worth a go when available.

To be fair, Kilpatrick was there a lot of the time. I moved behind the goals Tyrone were playing into in the second half and you could hear Conn shouting to knock it in to him. And I think the first 2 balls he won and possibly won a free kick for a trip on him. Not sure if he's a permanent option there but it was working second half.

A big man on the edge of square keeps the defence honest. It's not an option every time but sometimes it is. 

God14

Michael McKernan & Aidan Clarke both unavailable for Sundays trip to Killarney according to Irish News. Thats a big gaping hole in our defence. No word on Seanie O'Donnell in the article, but can only presume he will be out as well.
Would Tarlac Quinn be close to a return? The squad seems a bit light in defensive reinforcements? Eoin Corry would have been an option, but havnt seen him named in any squads to date

Mikhailov

Quote from: God14 on February 29, 2024, 04:00:52 PMMichael McKernan & Aidan Clarke both unavailable for Sundays trip to Killarney according to Irish News. Thats a big gaping hole in our defence. No word on Seanie O'Donnell in the article, but can only presume he will be out as well.
Would Tarlac Quinn be close to a return? The squad seems a bit light in defensive reinforcements? Eoin Corry would have been an option, but havnt seen him named in any squads to date

Not the best of news that although I did hear a rumour that Clarke had hurt himself at training. McKernan has a hand/thumb injury and will be out for a while.
Possibly bring in Ben Cullen and/or Niall Devlin (back to half back) and put Cormac Quinn into the corner.

I am automatically assuming Dazzler will start after his cameo last week so there will be 2/3 changes to the starting team at least.

This is where the squad counts but a tough place for it to get tested at.

square_ball

McKernan is a huge loss for Kerry. For me, him and Morgan have been our best players so far this year. Big test for the team - we usually pull something out of the bag when least expected and the form Canavan is in and what McCurry showed from the bench then maybe we have a bit of a chance. Optimistic maybe.

NotedObserver

New man in from galbally was quiet at weekend but most struggled to get into the game. Must be showing well in training

McCurry will be in for him from start you'd suspect and as mentioned Cullen also too in from start. Mccarron will be hoping to get a go in the corner as well

Aaron Boone

bogball88

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 29, 2024, 07:16:23 PMAny word on McShane?
The Irish News article said it was hoped he could make the squad this weekend

square_ball

McShane and Donnelly back on the bench for Sunday.

NotedObserver

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Seanie O'Donnell named too, didn't expect that but really happy his injury clearly nowhere near as bad as it looked.

seafoid

There is a feature article in the Irish Times today marking the 20th anniversary of the death of Cormac McAnallen
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ONeill

Hard to know where we are at after that game today. I'm optimistic and like bits and pieces of what we are seeing. You'd want to know 12/13 starters for the SFC after the league. Not sure if we're there yet. Oguz put his hand up today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sam03/05

If the beat Monaghan will most likely be safe. If they stay in division 1 it will have been a great league
Blooded a lot of new players - almost someone new every week Conal Devlin, Tarlach Quinn, Seanie O Donnell, Ciaran Daly,Aidan Clarke, Joe Oguz, Aodhan Donaghy have all done well, others have had game time such as Lórcan McGarrity, David Mulgrew, Cormac Donnelly,  Ruairi Canavan, Michael McGleenan, Conor Cush to mixed success. But if they stay up with a win v Monaghan then it was a pretty good league.
Add in your McGeary, Burns, Meyler, Mattie Donnelly, Cathal McShane all to come back into contention - then there could be a very competitive squad come  championship. If they are ever all available.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: sam03/05 on March 03, 2024, 11:25:06 PMIf the beat Monaghan will most likely be safe. If they stay in division 1 it will have been a great league
Blooded a lot of new players - almost someone new every week Conal Devlin, Tarlach Quinn, Seanie O Donnell, Ciaran Daly,Aidan Clarke, Joe Oguz, Aodhan Donaghy have all done well, others have had game time such as Lórcan McGarrity, David Mulgrew, Cormac Donnelly,  Ruairi Canavan, Michael McGleenan, Conor Cush to mixed success. But if they stay up with a win v Monaghan then it was a pretty good league.
Add in your McGeary, Burns, Meyler, Mattie Donnelly, Cathal McShane all to come back into contention - then there could be a very competitive squad come  championship. If they are ever all available.

There aren't many teams that are as blessed with dangerous forwards like Canavan x2, Donnelly, McCurry, McShane. There should be some serious options to bring off the bench.

Most of the new faces have shown very well in spurts. It's hard to impress in the league, I have numerous memories of the like of Ronan O'Neill and Lee Brennan being completely anonymous during leagues. Several seem to have real pace and that will show more as the ground dries. Hopefully it light a fire under the more experienced heads as they were majorly off the boil the last couple of seasons.

The new format could suit Tyrone. A lot of players now have experience and we will be able to figure out things over a few games hopefully.

NotedObserver

Attacking play on the whole has a bit to go yet. It was good to see Oguz running at people today although it didn't always work out he's got the size and speed to cause problems. Conn can still take too much out of it at times

Thought Ben Cullen done well today but Niall Devlin had his hands full on paudie Clifford and couldn't really get near him