Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the prodigy

Quote from: Onthe40 on July 07, 2023, 11:06:20 AM
On another subject (lets change focus)

i see Eglish u16s claimed the Grade2 league and championship double at a canter last nite
how was this allowed to happen..its a disgrace that a team that won the Ulster Og Sport u15 last year were allowed to drop into grade 2 and a bigger disappointment that the Eglish club allowed/wanted it to happen

Donaghmore dropping into Grade2 u14s is another example

they did it at minor a few years ago also

Surely the CCC need to stop this sort of stuff happening

Donaghmore have been doing this for years. They will never learn

TyroneGael89

As somebody from the Fintona area but not connected to the club, I'm just as embarrassed and outraged by the videos of players/management/parents surrounding the referee as I am about the other incident. Who in their right mind would want to be a referee in the current climate?

The worrying thing about today is that most people I've spoken to has started off the conversation by saying 'the ref was poor' or 'the referee gave Fintona nothing' as if to try and half justify what was going on at the final whistle - the completely wrong attitude. If any of my children approached a referee like some of the players did last night, I'd be putting a ban on them myself, never mind about the county board. Parents need to step up and do better.

bigtogs

Quote from: the prodigy on July 07, 2023, 04:37:09 PM

i see Eglish u16s claimed the Grade2 league and championship double at a canter last nite
how was this allowed to happen..its a disgrace that a team that won the Ulster Og Sport u15 last year were allowed to drop into grade 2 and a bigger disappointment that the Eglish club allowed/wanted it to happen

County youth Fixtures committee keep accommodating this type of thing! How Donaghmore in particular keep getting away with this I will never know..

bigtogs

Quote from: TyroneGael89 on July 07, 2023, 04:44:58 PM
As somebody from the Fintona area but not connected to the club, I'm just as embarrassed and outraged by the videos of players/management/parents surrounding the referee as I am about the other incident. Who in their right mind would want to be a referee in the current climate?

The worrying thing about today is that most people I've spoken to has started off the conversation by saying 'the ref was poor' or 'the referee gave Fintona nothing' as if to try and half justify what was going on at the final whistle - the completely wrong attitude. If any of my children approached a referee like some of the players did last night, I'd be putting a ban on them myself, never mind about the county board. Parents need to step up and do better.

I seen this Fintona under 16 team first hand a few weeks ago when they beat us in championship first round, they have some great players but unfortunately for them they had some players who verbally were not behind the door one in particular who was in the video I seen last night abusing the ref leaving the field, they also had a linesman who did not cover himself in glory either Not overly surprised they ended in a mess!! Just surprised in the mannner of the mess!!

rrhf

Quote from: bigtogs on July 07, 2023, 05:25:35 PM

County youth Fixtures committee keep accommodating this type of thing! How Donaghmore in particular keep getting away with this I will never know..
Ye were happy enough with an under 21 b title...

LeoMc

Quote from: Onthe40 on July 07, 2023, 04:06:50 PM
Quote from: rrhf on July 07, 2023, 03:22:17 PM
Quote from: statto on July 07, 2023, 12:14:37 PM

These types of things will be to the clubs detriment in the long run when they have to go to the well to win tight games won't always be like that for them
Can any of you 2 headers tell me how Donaghmores division 4 under 14 team done last year which is this years a team. That club aspires to play at div 1 at all levels and certainly aren't dropping down to win grade 2 titles, if they are dropping down it is in the interests of their footballers who are deemed not to be at grade 1 level at this stage. Definitely not about title winning. They field 2 teams and often have no subs which weaken their grade 1 challenges. They are very much about giving lads as much football at their level that they can. Perhaps your own clubs could adopt that approach.

your justification doesnt stand up
I have watched Donaghmore teams at u10 and above tournaments this past 2-3 years and they are well capable of fielding at grade1 u14 this year
playing a young team at grade 4 a year before their time if anything will make them a better side the following year
i work with a Donaghmore man who shares my view and disagrees with the clubs decision

we see too many examples of this over the years

the ease of Eglishs victories in grade 2 are testament to the fact they shouldve been in G1

There are many justified examples of teams dropping down such as Coalisland Fianna into G3 this year where they were competitive and didnt steamroll all in front of them as some predicted

"perhaps your own clubs should do the same"
i can assure you my club are playing at a level which will test them to the full and probably wont win any silverware
With the change in age grades it is essentially the same teams as last year competing a year on. Donaghmore finished 0/10 in grade 1a. If the clubs that won grade 2 league and championship move up to grade 1 who should move down?

Gabriel_Hurl

Back with another account Angelo?

RedHand88

10 minutes into my club game and we have our first "f*ck away off referee" at a completely fair decision.

Eire90

imagine attempting a murder over a sport when the majority of the people on the pitch probably dont give a f about you.

Gaafan2

Quote from: Onthe40 on July 07, 2023, 04:06:50 PM
Quote from: rrhf on July 07, 2023, 03:22:17 PM
Quote from: statto on July 07, 2023, 12:14:37 PM

These types of things will be to the clubs detriment in the long run when they have to go to the well to win tight games won't always be like that for them
Can any of you 2 headers tell me how Donaghmores division 4 under 14 team done last year which is this years a team. That club aspires to play at div 1 at all levels and certainly aren't dropping down to win grade 2 titles, if they are dropping down it is in the interests of their footballers who are deemed not to be at grade 1 level at this stage. Definitely not about title winning. They field 2 teams and often have no subs which weaken their grade 1 challenges. They are very much about giving lads as much football at their level that they can. Perhaps your own clubs could adopt that approach.

your justification doesnt stand up
I have watched Donaghmore teams at u10 and above tournaments this past 2-3 years and they are well capable of fielding at grade1 u14 this year
playing a young team at grade 4 a year before their time if anything will make them a better side the following year
i work with a Donaghmore man who shares my view and disagrees with the clubs decision

we see too many examples of this over the years

the ease of Eglishs victories in grade 2 are testament to the fact they shouldve been in G1

There are many justified examples of teams dropping down such as Coalisland Fianna into G3 this year where they were competitive and didnt steamroll all in front of them as some predicted

"perhaps your own clubs should do the same"
i can assure you my club are playing at a level which will test them to the full and probably wont win any silverware

Eglish were much too strong for div 2 but did only beat my own club pomeroy in the championship semi final by 3 last week. We were right in contention to win until our full back got sent off. In saying that they beat us well in the league semi.

Jerome

Some big hammerings in intermediate tonight. Some clubs must be really on their knees

Mikhailov

BigTogs, your own club got relegated last year from senior and appear at the moment to be too strong for intermediate. As some other poster states earlier, Donaghmore lost all their league games in grade 1A last year (lost 10/10). How does that differ from your own club situation - if you finish bottom then you get relegated.

Surely Donaghmore have to deservedly get relegated to allow Grade 2 winners to get promoted. Is that not how the competition works?

Aaron Boone

The ref was back doing a game tonight. 

rrhf

Quote from: Mikhailov on July 07, 2023, 11:07:05 PM

BigTogs, your own club got relegated last year from senior and appear at the moment to be too strong for intermediate. As some other poster states earlier, Donaghmore lost all their league games in grade 1A last year (lost 10/10). How does that differ from your own club situation - if you finish bottom then you get relegated.

Surely Donaghmore have to deservedly get relegated to allow Grade 2 winners to get promoted. Is that not how the competition works?
haters gonna hate...

breakingball78

Quote from: Jerome on July 07, 2023, 10:35:48 PM
Some big hammerings in intermediate tonight. Some clubs must be really on their knees

2 hammerings and it's two teams that you wouldnt be surprised about really. They've been missing players from the start of the year. All other games seem to have been tight.