Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: giveherlong on October 07, 2022, 08:56:40 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on October 07, 2022, 07:17:16 PM
Stewartstown putting Strabane to the sword.

Stewartstown for the All Ireland Junior? Won't be far away this time

Begs the question, how did they end up in this division

omagh_gael

What was No10 thinking there for Kileeshil? Imaging doing something so stupid in a do or die situation. That free went from a 20% chance to an 80% chance with that.

bigtogs

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 07, 2022, 10:23:47 PM
What was No10 thinking there for Kileeshil? Imaging doing something so stupid in a do or die situation. That free went from a 20% chance to an 80% chance with that.

Killeeshil unlucky could have had a penalty in extra time.. did galbally only score one point from play?

square_ball

Quote from: Under Lights on October 07, 2022, 09:10:12 PM

Clarshack will be talking up Aghaloo or Derrytresk as favourites for the final  ;D

WT4E

Things I learned tonight.

Stephen McHugh was the manager in the Stephen Duo.

giveherlong

Quote from: TyroneClubs on October 07, 2022, 09:06:06 PM
If Strabane are the 2nd best team in that division, it is worse than I thought

Donaghmore IIIs gave Stewartstown a closer game

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on October 07, 2022, 10:55:07 PM

Clarshack will be talking up Aghaloo or Derrytresk as favourites for the final  ;D

Aghaloo could rack up a bigger score tomorrow evening and they also beat us in the IFC Final in 2005.

clarshack

Quote from: giveherlong on October 07, 2022, 11:01:42 PM
Quote from: TyroneClubs on October 07, 2022, 09:06:06 PM
If Strabane are the 2nd best team in that division, it is worse than I thought

Donaghmore IIIs gave Stewartstown a closer game

That game was played on what must have been the most horrific conditions this year. The Donaghmore III players must have woke up that morning and thought Christmas had come early.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: bigtogs on October 07, 2022, 10:29:10 PM

Killeeshil unlucky could have had a penalty in extra time.. did galbally only score one point from play?

Galbally off the hook a bit tonight. Felt the ref did killeshill no favours overall, but they will b'é disappointed not to see it out.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: clarshack on October 07, 2022, 11:02:51 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 07, 2022, 10:55:07 PM

Aghaloo could rack up a bigger score tomorrow evening and they also beat us in the IFC Final in 2005.
Aghaloo will beat Derrytresk comfortably.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

clarshack

I've said before here we were very unlucky to be relegated last season. With no relegation in 2020 due to Covid it meant 4 teams relegated and the same no. of points this season would have kept us out of bottom 4. We should have been sitting comfortable on 17/18 points anyway last season as there were about 4 games in which we should have won but somehow messed them up. Aghaloo actually finished above us in the league in 2021 so I'm sure they can say the same.
I wouldn't be getting carried away with tonight's result, how many times have you seen a team win a semi-final convincingly and then lose the final. Look at Galbally even, scored 6 goals last Sunday and then struggled to get over the line this evening.

clarshack

Quote from: bigtogs on October 07, 2022, 10:29:10 PM

It was a push in the back and a definite penalty.

Gaafan2

Killeeshil will rightly feel hard done by. They were the better team for long periods and should have won it in normal time but the free taking ability of Donaghy kept Galbally in it. Referee was that bit sorer on killeeshil and failed to give them a stonewall penalty in ET. I'm nearly sure Galbally only kicked 2 points from play but they're in the final were anything can happen.

A team taking there eye off the ball for a year in division 2 for a year and ending up in division 3 is no overall reflection of the division, stewardstown would of easily held their own in div 2 this year

Under Lights

The five day turnaround done Galbally no favours but the man in the middle certainly did, stronger referee performance and no way Galbally get back into that game.

If Eglish win the other semi Galbally are automatically promoted