Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

I see 3 B teams making up the u15 grade 4 championship semi-finalists.
Donaghmore v Dromore and Cookstown v Tattyreagh.

What are the guidelines for entering B teams? Do they have to name separate panels at the start of the year?
Do they have an advantage in that their players are training as part of a larger grade 1 panel?

Quarterbackk

Quote from: clarshack on September 20, 2022, 11:10:17 AM
Quote from: WT4E on September 20, 2022, 08:59:42 AM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on September 20, 2022, 07:15:15 AM
Kildress actually fought til the end, it was a tight first half and had Kildress' shot that rattled the crossbar went in, who knows.

Edendork always had serious firepower though, their shooting was impeccable. Very dangerous team and well drilled.

It was a great game of football to watch for the neutral, some of the best play I've seen, both teams direct kicking it in, there were a lot of wides kicked - scoreline could have been higher for both!

Was always going to be a tough ask for Kildress but they're a very young, inexperienced team. Edendork would be my favourite to win the competition, above galbally and Eglish.

Would agree with majority of this.

Edendork where very powerful around midfield and completely dominated us in that area where we are very weak. We needed a strong start to second half but it was Edendork that got it and that killed us in a way. in the first two attacks of the 2nd half we gave away frees in the middle of the park but instead of moving back from the kicker we stupidly gave up yards on the frees and brought them into Niall Morgan range who was nailing them all. CRIMINAL!

Also one of the things I was impressed by was that players I hadn't heard from Edendork where very good to add to the usual big names. I think they will win it.

Its a hard blow for the lads to be defeated by that margin but its been a good season for us with a young team and new manager implementing a new style play.

I think they will likely win it too particularly if they continue to play in good conditions like last night but if they play on a day in which the weather is like last Sunday then it is a big leveller. Rock might have a say in things though as Eglish (going by their performance against Clogher) might be content enough to be already promoted and Rock gave Edendork a right good game in the championship 2 years ago. On the other side of the draw I wasn't that impressed with Galbally but they should still have just enough to make the final.

Edendork have the intermediate wrapped up IMO. Eglish will run them close but its theres to lose at this stage.

PMG1

Quote from: LeoMc on September 20, 2022, 07:47:03 PM
I see 3 B teams making up the u15 grade 4 championship semi-finalists.
Donaghmore v Dromore and Cookstown v Tattyreagh.

What are the guidelines for entering B teams? Do they have to name separate panels at the start of the year?
Do they have an advantage in that their players are training as part of a larger grade 1 panel?
No player that has played in the Grade 1 can play in the Grade 4. I know Dromore's team is primarily U13's who would make the first team panel and the two teams we have beaten in the championship to get to this stage are also Dungannon B and Errigal B. The division is mostly made up of B teams but the overall winner very likely to be the Tattyreagh A team

Under Lights

I've heard different, heard that there is indeed some floating between the A to B teams especially in the championship. They didn't have to name a set of players for A and a set of players for B.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Quarterbackk on September 21, 2022, 12:21:21 AM
Quote from: clarshack on September 20, 2022, 11:10:17 AM
Quote from: WT4E on September 20, 2022, 08:59:42 AM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on September 20, 2022, 07:15:15 AM
Kildress actually fought til the end, it was a tight first half and had Kildress' shot that rattled the crossbar went in, who knows.

Edendork always had serious firepower though, their shooting was impeccable. Very dangerous team and well drilled.

It was a great game of football to watch for the neutral, some of the best play I've seen, both teams direct kicking it in, there were a lot of wides kicked - scoreline could have been higher for both!

Was always going to be a tough ask for Kildress but they're a very young, inexperienced team. Edendork would be my favourite to win the competition, above galbally and Eglish.

Would agree with majority of this.

Edendork where very powerful around midfield and completely dominated us in that area where we are very weak. We needed a strong start to second half but it was Edendork that got it and that killed us in a way. in the first two attacks of the 2nd half we gave away frees in the middle of the park but instead of moving back from the kicker we stupidly gave up yards on the frees and brought them into Niall Morgan range who was nailing them all. CRIMINAL!

Also one of the things I was impressed by was that players I hadn't heard from Edendork where very good to add to the usual big names. I think they will win it.

Its a hard blow for the lads to be defeated by that margin but its been a good season for us with a young team and new manager implementing a new style play.

I think they will likely win it too particularly if they continue to play in good conditions like last night but if they play on a day in which the weather is like last Sunday then it is a big leveller. Rock might have a say in things though as Eglish (going by their performance against Clogher) might be content enough to be already promoted and Rock gave Edendork a right good game in the championship 2 years ago. On the other side of the draw I wasn't that impressed with Galbally but they should still have just enough to make the final.

Edendork have the intermediate wrapped up IMO. Eglish will run them close but its theres to lose at this stage.

If Monday night is anything to go by then you would have to assume they will give Ulster and possibly an AI some rattle. McCurry just cruised through the game, took 2 man markers out of it and left the rest of his team mates to it and he still hit 1.06. They will take some stopping.
Effectively they have 3 All stars playing in a team at intermediate level.

snowy2hunt

Below  is from youth  regulations  sent out at he  start of the year

Where a player plays for their clubs' A-team, they cannot subsequently regrade to play for
their clubs' B-team at the same age group

square_ball

Quote from: snowy2hunt on September 21, 2022, 09:07:28 AM

Where a player plays for their clubs' A-team, they cannot subsequently regrade to play for

That memo mustn't have made it to a few clubs who have blatantly ignored that rule.

Under Lights

Quote from: square_ball on September 21, 2022, 09:14:55 AM

That memo mustn't have made it to a few clubs who have blatantly ignored that rule.

Here here.

uptheblues

Correct, I think Brackavile and Tattyreagh are by far the 2 strongest teams in G4. Looking at the league results brackavile beat Cookstown 11:15 - 0:07, 3 weeks later Cookstown beat brackavile 4:07 - 1:08 in the championship. some turnaround from a B team that finished 6th in the league.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: uptheblues on September 21, 2022, 11:26:47 AM

Correct, I think Brackavile and Tattyreagh are by far the 2 strongest teams in G4. Looking at the league results brackavile beat Cookstown 11:15 - 0:07, 3 weeks later Cookstown beat brackavile 4:07 - 1:08 in the championship. some turnaround from a B team that finished 6th in the league.

Either Cookstown are on performance enhancing drugs? Or perhaps just blatantly cheating the system to win a G4 championship. Desperation comes in many different forms.
Living the dream!!!

square_ball

A near 50 point turnaround in the space of 3 weeks is some going alright. Doing a massive disservice to both Brackaville and their own B players if they aren't doing the thing right.

WT4E

Maybe they should play them lads against Clogher in the play off or they could throw that game and go for another Junior???

clarshack

IFC & JFC 1/4 Final fixtures are now listed in the fixtures section.

bogball88

Quote from: clarshack on September 21, 2022, 02:36:15 PM
As is Div2 relegation play off

WT4E

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 21, 2022, 11:14:39 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on September 21, 2022, 02:45:43 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 21, 2022, 02:36:15 PM
As is Div2 relegation play off

Updated as much as I could find to the second post in the "Links to club fixtures" thread.

As to the above accusation concerning Cookstown, it's possible that they had players missing in the league game back at the start of August against Brackaville that were back for the other games in the league semi-final & championship (not being from that part of Tyrone I can't say I know anything else) but if it's the case that they've been slipping in A team players into their B team on the quiet etc. then they should be ashamed of themselves - surely they can't be that desperate to land a Grade 4 title, especially given how their Grade 1 team at the same age level are currently performing?

Heard they where missing alot of players for the first game.