Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 12, 2022, 03:43:46 PM
Division 2/3 play-off: Clogher 1-17 Drumragh 2-7 - Clogher remain in Division 2, Drumragh remain in Division 3.

Division 1/2 play-off: Moy 0-20 Edendork 0-21 - Edendork promoted to Division 1, Moy relegated to Division 2.

Moy V Edendork good game well reffed, could have went either way. McCurry and Conroy were standout for their teams. Edendork will need to improve a lot or they will be visiting Division 2 again very soon.

Moy goalkeeper was good, few dodgy kickouts that had Edendork punished may have been out of sight.

Entertaining game.
Living the dream!!!

Under Lights

The Dazzler  :D

Drumragh forever the bridesmaid

NotedObserver

Under Lights

Quote from: NotedObserver on November 12, 2022, 09:23:35 PM
Michael Conroy plenty of talent

Should get a proper run for Tyrone this year in National league

WT4E

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 12, 2022, 04:07:18 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 12, 2022, 03:43:46 PM
Division 2/3 play-off: Clogher 1-17 Drumragh 2-7 - Clogher remain in Division 2, Drumragh remain in Division 3.

Division 1/2 play-off: Moy 0-20 Edendork 0-21 - Edendork promoted to Division 1, Moy relegated to Division 2.

Moy V Edendork good game well reffed, could have went either way. McCurry and Conroy were standout for their teams. Edendork will need to improve a lot or they will be visiting Division 2 again very soon.

Moy goalkeeper was good, few dodgy kickouts that had Edendork punished may have been out of sight.

Entertaining game.

Edendork a better team than Greencastles promoted side. And they done alright so edendork be ok I think

Tyrone11234

Not necessarily- they're very average without their county men which they lose for a good number of games

Under Lights

Who are the longest serving club in junior football? Glenelly?

clarshack

Quote from: Under Lights on November 13, 2022, 07:42:40 AM
Who are the longest serving club in junior football? Glenelly?

Yes Glenelly in Junior, Gortin in Intermediate, Carrickmore in Senior.

Onthe40

Drumragh must have lost a few playoffs at this stage.. just don't seem to have that extra edge come the big games

Under Lights

Quote from: Onthe40 on November 13, 2022, 10:40:53 AM
Drumragh must have lost a few playoffs at this stage.. just don't seem to have that extra edge come the big games

As far as I am aware they had a number of big players opt out this year and one after the regular season ended.

In other news rumours circulating that Ryan Mayse is transferring to Omagh.

The Coddfather

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 12, 2022, 01:46:27 PM
There's some creative licence with the distance figures quoted there. Ballygawley village & the roundabouts just outside it are in the SE corner of the Parish of Errigal Kerrogue/Errigal Ciaran.

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/irl/TYR/ErrigalKeerogue (this is a civil parish map but I believe that the Catholic parish boundaries are the same).

MacRory Park Dunmoyle lies in the north of the parish, on the map in the link above it lies a little bit NE to the Altamuskin airstrip. I've long taken Dunmoyle to be approx. five miles from Ballygawley, so seven miles to the northern tip of Errigal Ciaran would be a reasonable guess.

The parish of Clogherny next door to the NW has similar anomalies, with its two major villages of Beragh and Seskinore both near the parish boundary each separated by around five miles (as I mentioned before, Seskinore is much closer to Fintona than it is to Beragh). Taking my own parish, Donacavey, Fintona lies roughly centre in parish, but the furthest distance from the SW to NW tips of Donacavey is around nine miles IIRC.

Surprise surprise, the eastern third or so of Tyrone is a bit more densely populated compared to the rest of it (due to lower-lying & traditionally more productive farmland), where the population is less spread out elsewhere and tends to be more concentrated in pockets of towns/villages & hamlets. Therefore the geographical area of the parishes in the latter are bigger. As for schools, there are three Catholic primary schools in the parish - St. Mary's Ballygawley, St. Malachy's Glencull & St. Brigid's Altamuskin, and looking at the EA website the total 2021/22 P1 admission of the three schools was 47 pupils - not a massive amount considering St. Colmcille's PS in Carrickmore had 57, while in Fintona St. Lawrence's PS had 37.

It may look like "WTF is a Fintona lad doing defending Errigal?" I've no interest to defend Errigal Ciaran above any other club in the county other than my own, I just wish to see info & data presented in a sober fashion as opposed either the lack of prior knowledge with a few people, or worse yet either indulging in ignorance and/or large amounts of copium when the "EC" words are mentioned.

Now back to your regular programming.

Get a life.

smort

Tyrone Gaa

Scenes yesterday at the Naomh BarrĂ³g and Oulart-the-Ballagh games show that the GAA need to get a grip on games. It's not just a Clonoe problem  :P

This physical game nonsense doesn't cut it. Rugby is a physical sport and you don't see the cheap shots week in / week out. It's upto the GAA to stamp this out. Congress should look at this. A few hefty bans and suspensions should get the message across.

GAA need to be able to self police their games. Hopefully a club will bring a proposal to convention or a county to congress.
Living the dream!!!

Wildweasel74

That Hurling game your on about, I start by putting both teams out of the competition plus heavy club fines for supporters, neutral venue or not.

on the sideline