Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Milltown Row2

Only two wins against teams that they should beat.... Lets see how it is against the teams in top four from last year!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ashman

This thread and the Celtic thread are proof that a lot of folk need to grow up.

Boycey

Decent match, Southampton were always well in the game but the couple of moments of class came from United players which I suppose it should given the amounts paid for them.

Yeah fixtures they should win but United got zero points from corresponding two games last season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on August 19, 2016, 10:46:34 PM
Decent match, Southampton were always well in the game but the couple of moments of class came from United players which I suppose it should given the amounts paid for them.

Yeah fixtures they should win but United got zero points from corresponding two games last season.

Better on the board of course!! But teal tests ahead.. Will try and get over with my daughter this year!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Seanie reckoned Ibra wouldn't be up to Premier League football. All these fancy, overpaid foreign stars don't know how to stick out in the onion bag when the defensive might of the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD put it up to them.

Maroon Manc

Good start to the season although the fat man was poor again. Looking forward to seeing more of Mkhitaryan, he'll add another dimension to the team.

Boycey

Most Utd fans see the problems with Rooney but your constant gripes are a bit OTT

Maroon Manc

I'm consistent in my complaints about Rooney since the 2012/13 season, 90% of United fans are fully aware he's finished; Fergie knew it 3 years ago. He was useless for England in the last world cup and even worse at the Euro's. Rooney unfortunately is a huge name and United didn't have too many until this summer so there is a pressure from sponsors etc to play him. I think if Mourinho was aware of what most United fans really thought of him he'd have dropped him already but he's giving Rooney enough rope to hang himself first with poor performance. Mourinho will await for Big Sam to drop him as captain of England, that will start the domino affect.

If Rooney wasn't as high profile or well paid he'd have left United a few summers ago.

ludermor

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 24, 2016, 12:32:29 PM
I'm consistent in my complaints about Rooney since the 2012/13 season, 90% of United fans are fully aware he's finished; Fergie knew it 3 years ago. He was useless for England in the last world cup and even worse at the Euro's. Rooney unfortunately is a huge name and United didn't have too many until this summer so there is a pressure from sponsors etc to play him. I think if Mourinho was aware of what most United fans really thought of him he'd have dropped him already but he's giving Rooney enough rope to hang himself first with poor performance. Mourinho will await for Big Sam to drop him as captain of England, that will start the domino affect.

If Rooney wasn't as high profile or well paid he'd have left United a few summers ago.
And why didn't you pass on this very valuable information?

DuffleKing

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 24, 2016, 12:32:29 PM

Agreed

GJL

Tail wagging the dog it seems. Crazy that his 'profile' can prevent him from being dropped but it does seem to be the case. Not for long though I think.

NAG1

Quote from: GJL on August 24, 2016, 11:00:22 PM
Tail wagging the dog it seems. Crazy that his 'profile' can prevent him from being dropped but it does seem to be the case. Not for long though I think.

Yeah the Rooney bashing it becoming a bit tiresome, JM is first and foremost a coach, so he is watching Rooney in training every day, analysing his match performances and what he brings to the team.

Therefore if he is playing Rooney it is because he believes that he is worth his place. I don't see him being a character to be swayed by Rooney's profile or whatever.

magpie seanie

Don't fool yourself. Mourinho is every bit as much a politician as a coach. I think MM is right. If Mourinho knew what most United supporters thought he'd be getting the same treatment as Schweinsteiger. Mourinho is keenly aware that lots of United supporters have disliked him in the past and are wary of his style of play and he doesn't want to create trouble for himself unnecessarily, at this point anyway. He usually starts doing that when he's fully in control and confident. I can only believe he has told Mkhitaryan to be patient as Rooney is phased out.

Someone had a cut there at my opinion of Ibrahimovic from when it was first mooted that he was coming to United. I have to admit I've been pleasantly surprised with his goals to date, especially the two headers. Early days but I may have underestimated the impact he will have. My concerns over the development of Rashford especially and Martial remain but it looks like Ibrahimovic will get a lot of goals. For the last few seasons crossing the ball was akin to giving it to the opposition. The addition of Ibra and Pogba has changed that.

Pogba is a player with flaws but I think he is going to be immense in this side under Mourinho.