Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 05, 2022, 01:34:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2022, 10:51:14 AM
Quote from: tiempo on August 05, 2022, 10:40:34 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2022, 10:03:12 AM
Quote from: tiempo on August 05, 2022, 09:07:06 AM
Quote from: gallsman on August 04, 2022, 10:25:15 PM
Ah, the chuckie purity test raises its head again. She's running a race ffs, nothing more.

She's from Portaferry btw, I'm fairly sure.

Like Israel in the Eurovision, sure they're just singing a song

Israel? So lets hit sports people ffs, Where does it end? Should we stop sports people or protest against every country that's doing wrong? That's a very big list or do you just prioritize some countries and its sports people?

Russia has been sanctioned for their aggression against Ukraine

I guess it ends when the war pigs quit their crusades, so basically never

The hierarchy as it stands is an inverted pyramid of piffle, hard not to be a cynic with Qatar hosting the world cup

The British commonwealth by definition was not a commonwealth, it was resource theft, transfer of wealth and subjugation

Just worth keeping this stuff in context, it every bit as relevant to the discussion as the events themselves, no issue with anyone competing or celebrating or watching or sneering, but for the reasons above it wouldn't be my cup of tea

As I said its a very big list if we really look into what countries are doing, but we aint not getting goods from them or protesting against them.

Russia
China
Saudi
multiple African countries, Sudan, Nigeria, Yemen, Congo south Sudan,
USA
Britain
Syria
Myanmar
Iraq
Afghanistan
North Korea

There is I'm sure more countries than that so why be more concerned over one and not the rest?

Don't mind any of them invading us except the brits

Or Israel for that matter
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2022, 01:46:02 PM
Ah, the chuckie purity test raises its head again. She's running a race ffs, nothing more.

Israel? So lets hit sports people ffs, Where does it end? Should we stop sports people or protest against every country that's doing wrong? That's a very big list or do you just prioritize some countries and its sports people?

The hierarchy as it stands is an inverted pyramid of piffle, hard not to be a cynic with Qatar hosting the world cup

The British commonwealth by definition was not a commonwealth, it was resource theft, transfer of wealth and subjugation

Just worth keeping this stuff in context, it every bit as relevant to the discussion as the events themselves, no issue with anyone competing or celebrating or watching or sneering, but for the reasons above it wouldn't be my cup of tea

As I said its a very big list if we really look into what countries are doing, but we aint not getting goods from them or protesting against them.

Russia
China
Saudi
USA
Britain
Syria
Myanmar
Iraq
Afghanistan
North Korea

There is I'm sure more countries than that so why be more concerned over one and not the rest?

Wouldn't be wrapping their flag around me , usually flies up the Shankill along with ni commonwealth flag.

quit yo jibbajabba

So, those Commonwealth Games then eh?!

Great arent they!

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on August 05, 2022, 01:01:51 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 05, 2022, 12:06:29 PM
Mageean through to a final.

Missed it myself. 800 or 1500?

15. Not sure if she's in the 8 but I don't think she'd be fast enough to make the final in it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 05, 2022, 02:27:28 PM

Russia
China
Saudi
USA
Britain
Syria
Myanmar
Iraq
Afghanistan
North Korea

Wouldn't be wrapping their flag around me , usually flies up the Shankill along with ni commonwealth flag.

You'll be alright in the wrapping flags around yourself, you've got to be decent at something first
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2022, 02:46:21 PM

Russia
China
Saudi
USA
Britain
Syria
Myanmar
Iraq
Afghanistan
North Korea

You'll be alright in the wrapping flags around yourself, you've got to be decent at something first

Ah now, yer bate now MR

Eamonnca1

Nice!  ;D

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 05, 2022, 05:33:49 PM

Nice!  ;D

Thars in France . They aren't in the commonwealth

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 05, 2022, 09:50:32 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 05, 2022, 09:23:26 PM
Thars in France . They aren't in the commonwealth

Coincidentally, they have something similar called Jeux de la Francophonie and is open to participants from countries/members of the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie.

As the Republic of Ireland is an observer member of the OIF, it can in theory send competitors to these games, the next one being held next year in Congo.

Colony https://g.co/kgs/xvKru5

Turf

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 03, 2022, 07:11:27 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on August 03, 2022, 02:47:23 AM
i would personally like to see  a european games be more prestigious   and promoted

https://www.european-athletics.com/

There are plenty of separate competitions for boxing, swimming etc but I do like the idea of a Euro Games....
There is one is there not? It's starting this coming Thursday?

imtommygunn

Brilliant silver for Mageean.

ONeill

Some gold haul from the boxers. They're doing something right. Pity Gallagher didn't get the chance to show his talent.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

marty34

Quote from: ONeill on August 07, 2022, 10:02:32 PM
Some gold haul from the boxers. They're doing something right. Pity Gallagher didn't get the chance to show his talent.

Why did the lads not fight him?

LeoMc

Quote from: marty34 on August 07, 2022, 10:24:36 PM

The other finalist did not make the weight this morning, not sure about the semifinal opponent.

marty34

Quote from: LeoMc on August 07, 2022, 10:52:35 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 07, 2022, 10:24:36 PM

The other finalist did not make the weight this morning, not sure about the semifinal opponent.

Ok, thanks.

You'd think making the weight shouldn't be a problem if he fought a day or two before.