FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2022, 01:55:19 PM
Quote from: trailer on December 20, 2022, 10:54:28 AM
He's a journey man. Now at Villa. He's ordinary enough.

Mc Allister the same. His next game is Charlton away. It's rare enough that players get a huge move on the back of a good tournament. All the big teams have huge scouting networks. They have huge amounts of data on players. So jumping in to buy someone on the back of a few games against Saudi Arabia, Poland, Australia and Mexico isn't usually a smart idea. If he does get a move he will already have been a target and the World Cup performances won't have changed that.

There has been some notable duds bought on the back of a World cup performances, I'll let others name them but how a player plays for his country over how he plays for a club team is different, some players are really patriotic others not so much so they take it to a different level, they are also playing in a different formation with a different role to play that can't always be matched at club level..

Pogba.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Hoof Hearted

Mc Allister the same. His next game is Charlton away. It's rare enough that players get a huge move on the back of a good tournament. All the big teams have huge scouting networks. They have huge amounts of data on players. So jumping in to buy someone on the back of a few games against Saudi Arabia, Poland, Australia and Mexico isn't usually a smart idea. If he does get a move he will already have been a target and the World Cup performances won't have changed that.

There has been some notable duds bought on the back of a World cup performances, I'll let others name them but how a player plays for his country over how he plays for a club team is different, some players are really patriotic others not so much so they take it to a different level, they are also playing in a different formation with a different role to play that can't always be matched at club level..

El hadj diouf to Liverpool after 2002 WC was the worst
No one had even heard of him
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

AustinPowers

Quote from: johnnycool on December 20, 2022, 11:44:29 AM
Anyone see this before?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1605047876899463169

Reminded me of Michael Murphy 's  flick on in 2014  v the dubs for Donegal s third goal

AustinPowers

Quote from: Armamike on December 20, 2022, 02:00:59 PM

Pogba.

Pogba went to United after  the euros in 2016 , not the World Cup

James Rodriguez

angermanagement

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 20, 2022, 02:14:01 PM

El hadj diouf to Liverpool after 2002 WC was the worst
No one had even heard of him

Diouf was the African player of the year twice -2001 and 2002. He also had a reasonably productive season at Lens the previous two years. It did not work out for him here but he was far from a one tournament wonder.

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on December 20, 2022, 02:20:10 PM

Pogba.

James Rodriguez
Think he means Pogba usually brilliant for France but shite at club level which is true

shark

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 20, 2022, 10:19:11 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 20, 2022, 08:50:30 AM
His club career is very average in comparison to his international. Bit of a journeyman almost.

that may change

It already has changed. He is in his 3rd season as number one at the same club. Where he set a club record number of clean sheets in his first season.

johnnycool

Quote from: gawa316 on December 20, 2022, 02:55:36 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on December 20, 2022, 11:50:42 AM
Anyone see this before?

https://twitter.com/Brolic14/status/1604828560279056386

What am I liking at here?

You can like all you want,  ;) but my link was of a video during the WC Final where it looked as if a French lad handled the ball just before they were awarded the penalty.

Cavan19's clip of the same incident from a different angle dispels that concern.

Armamike

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 20, 2022, 02:38:05 PM

Pogba.

James Rodriguez
Think he means Pogba usually brilliant for France but shite at club level which is true

Exactly. Different player for club and country.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

When Liverpool chose El Hadj f**king Diouff over Nikolas Anelka in the summer of 2002.

Beginning of the end for Houllier.

nrico2006

Remember being young and United signing Poborsky off the back of the Euro's and that goal.  I definitely think the difference with international football is how together certain teams or squads are along with how passionate/patriotic certain nations players are.  The major factor though is that the standard of international football isn't as high as top tier club football.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

Quote from: Armamike on December 20, 2022, 03:00:48 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 20, 2022, 02:38:05 PM

Pogba.

James Rodriguez

Exactly. Different player for club and country.
MacAllister is only 23, hardly a journeyman. Brighton aren't so slow in the recruitment stakes, 3 Ecuadorians who all performed well at the WC as well. No doubt Brighton will say he's not for sale but MacAllister & Brighton will both be looking a move

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 20, 2022, 03:36:48 PM
Remember being young and United signing Poborsky off the back of the Euro's and that goal.  I definitely think the difference with international football is how together certain teams or squads are along with how passionate/patriotic certain nations players are.  The major factor though is that the standard of international football isn't as high as top tier club football.

So the French team wouldn't be competing for the EPL if they had a team in it? Or Brazil for that matter or the current winners?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Quote from: johnnycool on December 20, 2022, 02:59:32 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on December 20, 2022, 02:55:36 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on December 20, 2022, 11:50:42 AM
Anyone see this before?

https://twitter.com/Brolic14/status/1604828560279056386

What am I liking at here?

You can like all you want,  ;) but my link was of a video during the WC Final where it looked as if a French lad handled the ball just before they were awarded the penalty.

Cavan19's clip of the same incident from a different angle dispels that concern.

Ha ha...it was before 7am and I was looking at my phone with one squinted eye!