FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on December 19, 2022, 11:49:57 PM
Fair play to him, having a bit of craic. Two fingers up to the PC brigade, FIFA, Sheikhs and all the other bollocks in todays world. More power to him. He has a craziness in him, we should never lose that
100%! Spot the woke snowflakes above

Wildweasel74

Snowflake ha, its called manners, and that lad has zero.

RedHand88

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 20, 2022, 01:20:12 AM
Fair play to him, having a bit of craic. Two fingers up to the PC brigade, FIFA, Sheikhs and all the other bollocks in todays world. More power to him. He has a craziness in him, we should never lose that

Nothing to do with being woke or a snowflake. The lad is a tool. He's in his 30s like ffs.

Edit: just reading he was making the gesture towards the French fans. How could anyone defend this like...

Eire90

a lot of people seem to shout woke at eveything these days then cant even define it seems like they shout it because they seen others shout it yet they claim not to be sheep.

johnnycool

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 20, 2022, 06:35:27 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on December 20, 2022, 01:20:12 AM

Nothing to do with being woke or a snowflake. The lad is a tool. He's in his 30s like ffs.

Edit: just reading he was making the gesture towards the French fans. How could anyone defend this like...

Absolute tool alright, but a very fine goalkeeper not giving a flying fĂșck what us keyboard warriors think.

They always said keepers were a different breed althogether.

imtommygunn

His club career is very average in comparison to his international. Bit of a journeyman almost.

tonto1888

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 20, 2022, 08:50:30 AM
His club career is very average in comparison to his international. Bit of a journeyman almost.

that may change

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 20, 2022, 10:19:11 AM

that may change
Was back up at Arsenal at one stage I think? If I was him I'd retire on the spot, he'll never have to buy a pint again! That MacAllister lad will likely get a good move in Jan if he wants it

mrdeeds

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 20, 2022, 10:33:38 AM

that may change
Was back up at Arsenal at one stage I think? If I was him I'd retire on the spot, he'll never have to buy a pint again! That MacAllister lad will likely get a good move in Jan if he wants it

He waa at Oxford at one stage on loan.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 20, 2022, 10:33:38 AM

that may change

That Mcallister fella  will never have to buy  a pint in cushendall ever again

trailer

He's a journey man. Now at Villa. He's ordinary enough.

Mc Allister the same. His next game is Charlton away. It's rare enough that players get a huge move on the back of a good tournament. All the big teams have huge scouting networks. They have huge amounts of data on players. So jumping in to buy someone on the back of a few games against Saudi Arabia, Poland, Australia and Mexico isn't usually a smart idea. If he does get a move he will already have been a target and the World Cup performances won't have changed that. 

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on December 20, 2022, 10:54:28 AM

Mc Allister the same. His next game is Charlton away. It's rare enough that players get a huge move on the back of a good tournament. All the big teams have huge scouting networks. They have huge amounts of data on players. So jumping in to buy someone on the back of a few games against Saudi Arabia, Poland, Australia and Mexico isn't usually a smart idea. If he does get a move he will already have been a target and the World Cup performances won't have changed that.
On the other hand, winners are very marketable. Winning also draws attention to players. Ref Leicester 2016. Vardy ended up playing for England and meeting the delightful Rebekah out of it.

Those 2 players have something that no English player has.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on December 20, 2022, 10:54:28 AM

There has been some notable duds bought on the back of a World cup performances, I'll let others name them but how a player plays for his country over how he plays for a club team is different, some players are really patriotic others not so much so they take it to a different level, they are also playing in a different formation with a different role to play that can't always be matched at club level..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea