FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

On Argentinas performance tonight they'd have won that without messi, France or Morocco won't fancy themselves in final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Modric one of the best players at this WC

Assists - 0

:o

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Turf on December 13, 2022, 08:36:08 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on December 13, 2022, 08:30:11 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on December 13, 2022, 05:39:18 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on December 13, 2022, 05:31:36 PM
Messi scored 4 and assisted 1 in 2014.. Di Maria only scored one and was injured last 2 games.

POTT for me this World Cup has been Messi, the Croatia goalkeeper or Arambat for Morocco.

Assists are a meaningless stat when judging performance

Currently one of the daftest posts in a gaaboard that is adorned with them
Doesn't beat "it's England's to lose" after they had beaten the might of Iran.
Says the chap that thought Spain looked good.

You left out where it was possible to lose when managed by Southgate.  Even well managed teams can lose competitions that are theirs to lose,  Liverpool in the Premier league last season a prime example.

GiveItToTheShooters

The undisputed GOAT does it again.

Turf

It's funny now reading back on the knee jerk reactions after Argentina lost their first game.

Kidder81

Quote from: Turf on December 13, 2022, 08:50:21 PM
It's funny now reading back on the knee jerk reactions after Argentina lost their first game.

The EPL junkies lost the run of themselves

Blowitupref

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 13, 2022, 08:35:27 PM
That second calamitous goal killed them.

It did. A matter of the margin of victory for Argentina after that goal.  Argentina to beat France in the final was my tip on the World Cup Competition, with Messi in this form they'll certainly be hard stopped now by either France or Morocco.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

laoislad

Messi the GOAT..

If it's France they play I hope Argentina win but if it's Morocco then you'd have to be wanting Morocco to win.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

Argentina are a great team in this tournament. They keep on improving. The third goal was magnificent.

NAG1

Croatia were pretty dross to be fair, had they been playing to now I doubt they would have scored. Pretty easy on the eye with some of the short passing but zero threat.

I'd say France wouldn't be too worried even at this stage. They just have that tournament mentality as well.

Itchy

Quote from: NAG1 on December 14, 2022, 08:19:15 AM
Croatia were pretty dross to be fair, had they been playing to now I doubt they would have scored. Pretty easy on the eye with some of the short passing but zero threat.

I'd say France wouldn't be too worried even at this stage. They just have that tournament mentality as well.

France were pretty shit against England and there is a rumour they've some sort of bug in the camp too. Morocco will be seriously motivated with a massive crowd behind them. France wouldn't want to be taking their eye of the game tonight.

imtommygunn

I think the winner will come from the other semi final tonight and I am not sure it will be France either...(though probably will be)

Argentina were decent but Croatia were terrible. When would you ever see a goal like that second one at that level of football? Also Argentina have created some great things out of nothing in this tournament (generally through Messi) but the first one was horrendous defending giving them that much space. The 3rd was obviously sublime. Those things won't happen in a final I would expect. They are a good team no doubt but Croatia were awful.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 14, 2022, 08:44:27 AM
I think the winner will come from the other semi final tonight and I am not sure it will be France either...(though probably will be)

Argentina were decent but Croatia were terrible. When would you ever see a goal like that second one at that level of football? Also Argentina have created some great things out of nothing in this tournament (generally through Messi) but the first one was horrendous defending giving them that much space. The 3rd was obviously sublime. Those things won't happen in a final I would expect. They are a good team no doubt but Croatia were awful.

The template has to be foul him well outside the box, allowing him to get into your penalty area is crazy, that big defender will have nightmares just for that goal alone
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

Croatia have been pretty awful all the way through. Only scored within the 90 minutes in 2 out of the 6 matches. Having absolutely nothing up front means that they can do all the passing they want, teams know they won't do much with it.

Hoping for a France-Argentia final and after that I don't mind who wins.

WT4E

Really disappointed Brazil didn't take care of Croatia as would have been a great semi to watch. I had a feeling Croatia where going to set up a poor side as they where extremely lucky to get to that point.

Morroco prob put on a better show tonight.