FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbat

Bad coach, dodgy keeper and a left back and centre half cant get a game in a mediocre Utd team.

Saffrongael

Quote from: pbat on December 10, 2022, 09:27:00 PM
Bad coach, dodgy keeper and a left back and centre half cant get a game in a mediocre Utd team.

Yep, Pickford should have saved the first one
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 10, 2022, 09:22:21 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 10, 2022, 09:04:06 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 10, 2022, 09:00:42 PM
Missed opportunity for England to win tonight and the World Cup. Also left the Euros behind them last summer and that's what happens when managed by average manager in Southgate.

Southgate gets away with murder. Noone judges him the euros were fine but 2018 they were dreadful stumbled into SF and the whole country lost all reason. This time round lose again against the first actual team they meet

More knockout wins than previous 9 managers combined unless i heard the stat wrong

That must be horse shit

JPGJOHNNYG

Unless they are including the likes of allardice

Saffrongael

Keane the only one talking sense, at top level sport you have to win. You have to go and get it. There will be a few knighthoods come out of it anyway
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

seafoid

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 10, 2022, 09:24:45 PM
You can be the best team all you want, the object of the game is to score. France under par (and missing a few key players) found a way. That's what teams at the very top do
The margins are very small all the same. No different to GAA.
England could have got to play France later in the tournament as well. It just didn't work out that way.

Saffrongael

Quote from: seafoid on December 10, 2022, 09:32:57 PM
You can be the best team all you want, the object of the game is to score. France under par (and missing a few key players) found a way. That's what teams at the very top do
The margins are very small all the same. No different to GAA.
England could have got to play France later in the tournament as well. It just didn't work out that way.

They were never going to play them later, one needed not to win their group for that to happen and that was always unlikely

mouview

Quote from: square_ball on December 10, 2022, 09:04:18 PM
Saka best England player by a country mile tonight and Southgate takes him off. Crazy decision.

Exactly. Won the pen and ran the French defence ragged most of the game. Unless he had a knock, swapping him for Sterling was daft.

Sportacus

Let's not forget it was France minus Kante, Pogba and Benzema. England couldn't do it, that's the long and short of it.

imtommygunn

They are a decent team in their defense but they are not creative enough. Also at this level it's fine margins. The second goal was just a good goal from France but the first was a shot from an area where players at this level should not be getting an opportunity. Rice got drawn to mbappe and left that space and then Pickford should arguably have saved. You make mistakes you get punished and if others make mistakes you have to punish them like the penalty. France were ruthless and England weren't with the Kane miss.

Orior

Great. Now we all can get back to hating Megan.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

From the Bunker

Thought this was strange moment from the TV match Producer.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 10, 2022, 09:28:42 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on December 10, 2022, 09:22:21 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 10, 2022, 09:04:06 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 10, 2022, 09:00:42 PM
Missed opportunity for England to win tonight and the World Cup. Also left the Euros behind them last summer and that's what happens when managed by average manager in Southgate.

Southgate gets away with murder. Noone judges him the euros were fine but 2018 they were dreadful stumbled into SF and the whole country lost all reason. This time round lose again against the first actual team they meet

More knockout wins than previous 9 managers combined unless i heard the stat wrong

That must be horse shit

Was half listenin, sometime i must checkout.
Its a poisoned chalice hes done as well as he could imo but his record stands up well against capello eriksen, far loftier names. Seems a decent spud too. But anyways..

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 10, 2022, 09:49:56 PM
Thought this was strange moment from the TV match Producer.

I think it was more a cheer than a laugh but the press will still use to vent some anger

Cunny Funt

Is Pogba a key player? More of distraction and blessing for them to be not there. Peak Kante a loss but in current form? Benzema their biggest loss yet would Giroud be starting if he was around?

England remind me of Mayo. Important game there to be won and find a way to lose it